IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

BW Legal Claim Form

Options

Comments

• Sequoia1
    Sequoia1 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    No they haven’t provided anything else, the letter I’m referring to is the one stating my account has been passed to our legal team BWL. I think I wasn’t clear in my comment about the photo of the car with VRN, they have sent this with the others what I meant by they had held it back was because it wasn’t on their website where you can check the evidence.
    :)
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Right so they've missed one letter out, and all the electronic records.

Ask for the electronic data held, e.g. PCN status, case notes and human intervention evidence at each decision-making stage, and tell them if they withhold this, you will complain to the ICO immediately.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    On (19/08/2014) a Notice to Keeper was sent to you in relation to a Parking Charge Notice that was issued on the 08/03/2016.

@Janef Could we see a copy of the Notice to Keeper WITH the dates on. If they took more than 28 days (2 years into the future !!!) to issue a Notice to Keeper then they cannot invoke Keeper Liability and the matter should be reported to the DVLA. False representation of Keeper Liability is one issue they do take on board.

But what BW says has to be checked in relation to the actual Notice to Keeper. Could we see that?

Scan it and put it up on tinypic.com or similar.

Don't lose sight of the need to put in a defence and respond to any court papers on time as Coupon Mad says but it pays to check, and check again. Judges will, and have to, take the detail presented to them so you have to check and challenge anything.
  • Sequoia1
    Options
    Hi Coupon-mad, the reply from PAS said they didn’t hold any other data on me other than what they sent and if I wanted to complain to ICO then go ahead saying “We invite their contact” Do I need to send SARs to the debt companies too?

I’m not sure how to use the tinypic or how to attach any docs on here.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,738 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Sequoia1, how to use tinypic or any of the many other picture hosting websites seems to me to be well outside the scope of a forum dedicated to fighting parking tickets.

Have you thought about asking how to use those things on The Techie Stuff Board?
  • Sequoia1
    edited 5 October 2018 at 12:04AM
    Options
    KeithP I only asked about those things because IamEmanresu asked about scanning the Notice to Keeper and putting it on here, not for any other reason. If you don’t need to see these that’s great. See his post above.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    He was replying to Janef who hijacked your thread...

Don't send SARs to the debt firms, go straight to an ICO complaint and tell them you gave the trader 2 chances to cough up all the data and they didn't even supply everything they hold (say how you know) and then they tried to fob you off to write to their agent debt collectors for any other letters sent on their behalf (data that you believe the overall data controller at the parking firm is responsible to produce).

Write it in better terms than the above, with copy letters, so the ICO can see what the data concern is all about.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Anastasiya27
    Options
    Hi, I have noticed you have sent your SAR to PAS, I am trying to do the same but struggling to find their DPOs contact email. Is that the one you’ve used data@parkingawareness.co.uk? Or if you sent it by post which address have you gone with?
    Many thanks.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Is that the one you’ve used [EMAIL="data@parkingawareness.co.uk"]data@parkingawareness.co.uk[/EMAIL]?
    That is the one on their web site under Data Policy, so I would start there.
  • Anastasiya27
    Options
    I would’ve sent a letter but I don’t have an access to a printer atm and would take me days to sent it or write it by hand, thank you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure