WARNING - www.licenceplus.co.uk

Options

Comments

• electromonkie
    Options
    My elderly Mother has just fallen for this and paid £170 to renew her licence - no confirmation email which triggered alarm bells and now she is distraught.
    Have told her to contact tv licencing - interested to hear how your case has panned out.
    Surely this company is fraudulent if they don't contact tv licencing to renew the licence as advertised?
  • Kathy108
    Options
    well good tidings people:) i got a refund...phew. what the actual purpose of this wesite is a really dont know. unless they rely of people not chasing it up and they then keep the money. Either way they need sorting out as they are lying through their teeth in the small print. So if youve been conned like myself keep on at them and say you have rang the legit licence people. if i can be of any further help to anyone drop me a message. and thank you too, to your helping me in this matter.
  • 50Twuncle
    50Twuncle Posts: 10,763 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    This website appears to offer backdated licences
    On the form - you put when you want the licence dated from - "Must be within last 12 months"
    This is extremely dodgy !!
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    50Twuncle wrote: »
    This website appears to offer backdated licences
    On the form - you put when you want the licence dated from - "Must be within last 12 months"
    This is extremely dodgy !!

Actually, TV Licensing backdate licences, too.
  • SallyG
    SallyG Posts: 850 Forumite
    Options
    Why isn't this scamming website illegal?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    SallyG wrote: »
    Why isn't this scamming website illegal?

Becuse like the websites that list premium numbers to connect to a free number they're not actually illegal.

They're "offering a service" although I always have to wonder how anyone actually falls for them.

Edit: presuming they do actually give you a license obviously.
  • Kathy108
    Options
    attention people i got a refund. so if there are any other in the same boat go to the online chat say you have been talking to the licence people and they are not acting third party (it does say this in there details). It isn't fraud per se but im not sure what they are truing to achieve. ask for an email confirmation....go0d luck:j
  • hilsogill
    hilsogill Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 28 February 2019 at 5:40PM
    Options
    Unfortunately I have been mislead into paying Licence Plus twice for a BBC Television Licence and have been refused reimbursement.and I have no idea what these payments were for. So be warned.
  • Cornucopia
    Cornucopia Posts: 16,156 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    hilsogill wrote: »
    Unfortunately I have been mislead into paying Licence Plus twice for a BBC Television Licence and have been refused reimbursement.and I have no idea what these payments were for. So be warned.

Could you give us a bit more info to help other people avoid your scenario of no refund, please?
  • BikerFee
    BikerFee Posts: 5 Forumite
    Options
    Had a letter today from the Tv licensing people saying we didn’t have a tv licence registered to our address. I knew I had done it but when we looked at the confirmation email it was from LicensingPlus.
    I can’t believe I’ve been so stupid. I always check things like this out.
    Can’t talk to anyone at the proper licence people as they are closed so will have to wait until Monday to try and get this sorted.

It takes thousands of nuts to build a motorcycle but only one in a car to wreck it.
    Think Bike.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport