Enstroga Incommunicado

Options
12346»

Comments

• MWT
    MWT Posts: 9,259 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    The issue is that they are fixing a mistake they made more than 12 months ago - they left me on the wrong tariff, one that does not exist apparently... 

...They have made note on my complaint and will be back to me shortly - hoping I am correct to expect the full amount written off and not to that my current monthly payment is to be used to reduce the debt?

Based on their mistake being leaving you on the old tariff instead of moving you to the new more expensive tariff then the back-billing rules should apply.
    However, that doesn't mean the full amount will be written off, it just means they can only bill you at the more expensive tariff for the last 12 months.
    So they can apply the correct tariff for the 12 months before they noticed the problem, but no more than that.
    Obviously you now know you should have requested a change to a different cheaper tariff when your old one expired, but it is too late to fix that now, but at least the correction can only go back 12 months from when they first notified you of the problem...

• Heedtheadvice
    Options
    Sorry posters......I had meant to update the thread at a conclusion
    Re earlier posts about getting final bill, tardy repayment of balance owing to me, two periods without the required compensation.
    Complaints made via Resolver similar to spots case (a few posts ago).
    Eventually I escalated to the ombudsman and she found in my favour and made the supplier give what I had been asking for and compensation (over and above that required by the regulations) at twice what Enstroga finally  offered.
    That cost them nearly £160  (plus their own costs) greater than what they owed me.
    Note I had detailed documentation and chronology to give to the Ombudsman!
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback