Missed flight connection ,, can anyone help ?

Options
Algerino313
Algerino313 Posts: 6 Forumite
edited 26 September 2018 at 1:08PM in Flight delay compensation
Hi . I was flying on the 5th of September 2018 to Heathrow from Algiers via Madrid with Iberia airlines ( both flights ), me , my wife , 6 years old boy , and 23 month old twins
The first flight was delayed by almost an hour ( no reason given for the delay ) which led to missing the connection flight at Madrid airport ,, so Iberia airlines found us a replacement flight on the same day at 19.35 ( instead of the scheduled one at 15.55 ) Am I entitled for flight delay compensation ? Please help , many thanks

Comments

• Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    not enough information in your post. Was it Iberia from Algiers? what was the reason for the delay of the first flight?
    If you post your flight details and date on this thread you may get some advice https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4445431
  • Algerino313
    Options
    Post edited , and informations about company airlines and date are there now , , can anyone help ? many thanks
  • jpsartre
    jpsartre Posts: 4,085 Forumite
    Options
    Was the flight from Algiers operated by Iberia? Why was the flight delayed? On what date did you fly? Without more info, there's no way of saying whether you have a valid claim or not.
  • Algerino313
    Options
    The flight from Algiers was also operated by Iberia , there was no reason given for the delay and I was flying on the 5th of September 2018
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Since Iberia is a community carrier, you are covered by EU261. Unless the delay was caused by extraordinary circumstances, you are due compensation. Start by filing a claim and see what they say.
  • Algerino313
    Options
    Thanks for replying ,, delay was for about an hour and wasn't due to extraordinary circumstances ,, where can I find the claim form ,, I'm sorry but I never done such thing before , I'm a bit lost . Thanks for your help
  • jpsartre
    Options
    Just use the complaints form on the Iberia website (link below). How do you know it wasn't due to extraordinary circumstances if you don't know why the flight was delayed?

https://www.iberia.com/web/program.do?menuId=CEATCL
  • Algerino313
    Options
    By extraordinary circumstances I thought you meant something like a terrorist attack , floodings , bomb alert ... etc and nothing as such happened that day !! Thanks for the link , will fill it up right now
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,545 Forumite
    Options
    extraordinary circumstances are things that the airline has no control over - like the weather, ATC etc
  • jpsartre
    Options
    By extraordinary circumstances I thought you meant something like a terrorist attack , floodings , bomb alert ... etc and nothing as such happened that day !!

Sorry, I shouldn't have assumed everyone in here was familiar with the terminology. As Caz3121, extraordinary circumstances may also be things that happen all the time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure