DFW's surviving Christmas support thread!

1789101113»

Comments

• lemontart
    lemontart Posts: 6,037 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    I am dreading it this year being on a smaller wage with increased costs and debts mounting as I just about survive and worry about xtras like vet fees , repairs needed to the car and the pet teens birthday on the last day of xmas........used pigback points to get a cd the teen wanted as an xmas pressie for her which is something, looking for a 2nd job is a nightmare as no holiday left as it was used up when step dad was taken ill so cannot get to interviews.
    I am responsible me, myself and I alone I am not the keeper others thoughts and words.
  • moanymoany
    moanymoany Posts: 2,877 Forumite
    I don't know if this will be helpful for anyone, but I use this company to send flowers for gifts. The cheapest is £8.50 including postage and they have a special bunch for Christmas at this price.

http://www.scillyflowers.co.uk/index.asp

There are lots of these companies. The cheapest bunch is the only one I've ever sent and they are always very nice.
  • skint_spice
    skint_spice Posts: 12,632 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    I've just opened the xmas tin - £37.31 - not as much as I'd hoped but still have stuff on ebay and echeque about to clear for £52 so it's not too bad. Off to building society tomorrow to transfer the rest of the budget and finish shopping. only a few pressies still to get so hopefully will come in under budget for once! I wish I'd discovered this site years ago!
    Mortgage End Date: Apr 36/Aiming for Aug 28/Current Sep 35

Mortgage OP 2024 £2250/7000

Mortgage balance: £52660

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills