PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th September 2018

Options

Comments

• kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning

Gentle rain here, the garden so needs it.

Daily stuff done
    Eye test appointment this morning
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,799 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Both lines filled with washing.
    DW emptied
    work later
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DW emptied, 1 wm load hanging indoors as the weather could go either way atm. I have dripping hair, so need to tame that, then it is on to the lists.

The boiler is having a service this afternoon, so I will be hanging around for that. I've just put all the spare glasses back in the loft from the weekend, and come down again quickly. The sight of all the bags and boxes of (mainly, but not all, DH's) carp up there is scary. And that is why it is on my Toot's list, I suppose. Along with ditto bags and boxes in the Rs of D. Baby steps...
  • Fayolle
    Options
    Bathroom cleaned, upstairs vacuumed and 2nd wm load in as somehow the first load has dried already. Boiler man came early and was very apologetic, but hey, it suited both of us, so I wasn't complaining.

I'm starving, just realised that I haven't had anything all morning. Bread into toaster.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,850 Forumite
    Options
    Eye test done need new glasses.

Kitchen cleaned
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,919 Forumite
    Options
    Afternoon all. I'm about to start my second shift of today but in between I've made sure all the dailies are done, dogs are walked, greenhouse is watered, washing is done/doing and the house has been hoovered through quickly.

The dogs want to play now so don't think I'll achieve much more.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,084 Forumite
    Options
    Hugs LW. Snacking works. You can't live your life around Mr LW's meds, all you can do make sure he gets them on time because with Parkinson's that's really, really important.
    Thanks JJtT for the Bake Off reminder. Missed it, along with Better Call Saul, so lovely catching up to do.
    Beyond a certain age, Narco, if you have fillings toffees are off the menu. (On other areas of MSE I'd now say 'Ask me how I know.') My dentist says it's because they work loose after a certain length of time.
    ionafan wrote: »
    DH is unable to drive again atm because of his sleep apnoea :( and he wants me to take him somewhere this evening. So much for having two cars.

That is what taxis are for. OH and I have a deal - one of us wants/needs the car and the other one also needs it at the same time, the one that has the car pays for the other's taxi fare. Works for us and it's a lot cheaper than having two cars.

Some things crossed off my listy, but Kelpie had me up a couple of times during the night so it's another trip to the vet this afternoon for his tummy problems and a slight lack of sleep on my part (four nights in a row of animals waking me up and needing help) I'm shattered and my judgement's untrustworthy.

The plumbers needed more biscuits, so a trip to get some shopping done, whole house vacuummed and swept last night because it's all gritty. Just as well we cleared all the laundry on Sunday because they're now using the sundeck, yard and back alley as well as making the kitchen unusable. On the plus side, the dishwasher deals with all of the mugs etc, and we're eating out every night at a really smashing family owned and run local pub that now does food on weeknights, which it didn't used to do. And the food's completely fabulous - bonus!

Urgent Listy Update:
    - Bravec*o kittens
    - trim kittens claws *ouch*
    - [STRIKE]get more front door keys cut[/STRIKE]
    - craft fair items photographs
    - photograph necklace and bracelets
    - write to A's
    - get photos printed
    - [STRIKE]index up to date spiral books and extra pages[/STRIKE]
    - write to new N
    - [STRIKE]finish sorting scrappy notes[/STRIKE]
    - summit notes
    - tax return (ho ho ho)
    Better is good enough.
  • Narc0lepsy
    Options
    Serves him right for nicking sweeties!

He won't be trying it again......went to dentist and the filling was actually holding a bit of tooth on; it was a chunk of tooth which dropped off.....he has a temporary filling to last our holiday then will need it capped.

Managed the staff training; I hate presentations although I do like talking to people; I love my subject and there were only 3 staff to deliver too, who seemed to enjoy it.

Kitchen floor showing minimal sign of drying out after the leaky wm. Most unlikely that we will be able to use dw or wm before we go on holiday, so tomorrow's task is to identify anything which needs washing or will be needed for hols, and take it to mil. I tidied up a load of clutter from the kitchen, circumnavigating wm which is in the middle of the room, and clambering over the rolled-up vinyl. Fun.

Caught up on a load of emails.
    Fed birds (lots of fairies today).
    Tidied bedroom.
    Felt really aching in both shoulders and neck today; aftermath of tension from wedding and presentation coupled with typing, new body balance class etc. My injury lady will doubtless suggest something fiendish if it still hurts tomorrow.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Well, I'm in the choir. As far as I'm concerned, I can't sight read, but, apparently, I did rather well.

Have put some recycling out, one washload on, had beans on toast, quick phone call with Himself and I'm all set to go to bed.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Fayolle
    Options
    Good morning

It is a gorgeus autumn morning outside, but it feels like we only just escaped a frost. I've just hung a load of washing out and it started steaming in the line. Looked surreal!

I'm off to work shortly. I could really do with it being the half day that I'm paid for, but I think the backlog might take me longer to deal with. *sigh*. It also looks like I will be back on the school run every morning as well, as the b£@&9y travel sickness has reared its head again. *more sighing*.

Right, I have 30 minutes to do something useful. Have a lovely day everyone.

ETA - well done on the choir front, Jojo.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure