PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 10th September 2018

Options

Comments

• ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,437 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    kazwookie wrote: »
    A walk round the garden centre this afternoon, NOT planning on buying anything..............................
    Fayolle wrote: »
    I will be so impressed at your willpower :p

I have just been out to lunch with my friend at our nearest GC. I haven't spent anything, on food or plants :D

Now I really ought to finish off a typing job, but Rosie wants to go out for a walk....

DH is unable to drive again atm because of his sleep apnoea :( and he wants me to take him somewhere this evening. So much for having two cars.
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,849 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well nothing bought, but I was given a 2019 calendar sort of hand bag size and took a book from the book swap shelf! all free.

Cuttings potted on
    It is now gently raining
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 11 September 2018 at 4:54PM
    Options
    All plans on hold today; pain and mega-fatigue courtesy of lupus, so I've had to spend the day on the sofa. Haven't even dressed. :(
    I'm starving, but can't have dins til 18:00; Mr Wolf is scheduled to take his meds at 17:00 and he has to wait an hour after taking them to eat.
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    LameWolf wrote: »
    All plans on hold today; pain and mega-fatigue courtesy of lupus, so I've had to spend the day on the sofa. Haven't even dressed. :(
    I'm starving, but can't have dins til 18:00; Mr Wolf is scheduled to take his meds at 17:00 and he has to wait an hour after taking them to eat.

i'm sure he'd understand if you had at least a snack, LW.

Busy day at work, limped home and had a long text conversation with a mate who needed to rant about family probate matters. Interrupted it for Himself calling asking whether he should only come for one day at the end of the month. I left it up to him, but did say I'd prefer it if he stayed for the whole weekend and went back once I'd left for work on the Monday (of course, my internal narrative was more like '!!!!!!? hardly seems any point coming if you're doing that, as you'll be busy doing the gig, then you'll be sleeping and then you'll be leaving again, rather than paying any attention to MEEEEEEE', but he doesn't need to know that now, does he?).

Stuck the BM on as I think I'm having soup tonight. Or beans. I'm not decided yet.

Then I'm going to have to try and get the TV working (I don't watch it normally and it hasn't been switched on since we first left for sunny Devon) as Himself is a Bakeoff fan and I said I'll watch the 9pm repeat and text him sarcastic comments whilst it's on.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    So much for plans. Zumba was fine; meeting friend good - decluttered 3 books to her -although garden centre soup not up to standard. Got home to find Mr N investigating a leak from the washing machine. Fortunately he sorted it, but now the dw is in the garage, wm across far side of the kitchen and half the vinyl pulled back so the floor can dry.
    I started my work, then printer ran out of ink - what do i tell my students about planning ahead? Had to drive into town to get some.
    Mr N went to take mil to Tesc0 but had to spend an hour finding where she'd hidden her purse.
    I did put a few things away in the bedroom, changed a pub lunch booking, picked some spinach and tomatoes then cooked dinner. Bible club sadly will not be attended.

Hugs to those struggling.
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Natty68
    Natty68 Posts: 3,338 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ok I don't know what happened when I posted last night's list but for some reason it put two days the same. Anyway it's all sorted now so hopefully there won't be anymore hiccups. Sorry if i confused anyone xx
    Mortgage Free as of 20.9.17
    Declutter challenge 2023, 2024 🏅 🏅⭐️⭐️
    DH declutter challenge award 🏅⭐️
  • Narc0lepsy
    Narc0lepsy Posts: 2,670 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Oh, and Mr N pinched one of his mum's toffees and promptly removed a filling. Not good, as we go on hols on Mnday!
    Remember...a layer of dust protects the wood beneath it.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Narc0lepsy wrote: »
    Oh, and Mr N pinched one of his mum's toffees and promptly removed a filling. Not good, as we go on hols on Mnday!

Serves him right for nicking sweeties!

Big slab of fresh bread & butter scoffed.

Many sarcastic comments about baking sent to Himself.

Now trying to put off investigating what Idiot Cat is currently battering around the kitchen, but I'm off to bed soon, so will have to go out there to lock the back door.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    LW I hope today is a better day for you xx

Flying visit from me (no pun intended!) need to drop kiddies off at my friends in ten minutes. Washing out, DW about to go on, beds not made but I won't lose sleep over that.

Have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • klew356
    klew356 Posts: 1,130 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    took a toothbrush to the niggler bits in the shower cubicle this morning and spray and wiped the floor, small bathroom so no point getting the mop and bucket out! tonight im hoping to get the wm on and bleach the kitchen, plus some jobs from THE LIST
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure