edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
5 replies 601 views
Gemm83Gemm83 Forumite
213 Posts
Fourth Anniversary 100 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Credit Cards
Hi
My husband had 2 cards nearing the end of their 0% term. One with £2400 on (virgin) and one with £1500 (barclaycard). He wanted to put them both on one 0% card so applied for an M&S transfer. Put all details in an was accept with the transfer amounts.

Fast forward 2 weeks and after sigining his credit agreement the card turns up.....but it says he only has a £1500 limit.......can they do that as they agreed the amount at application stage??

Not too sure what to do now!!!

Thanks for advice!!

Replies

• Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes they can do that. You could ring them, asking politely if they can increase the limit. Or apply for a second B/T card for the Virgin one.
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Gemm83Gemm83 Forumite
    213 Posts
    ✭✭
    Thank you. So dont close it and apply for another for the two. Just keep it and apply for another?
  • Willing2LearnWilling2Learn Forumite
    6.3K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Gemm83 wrote: »
    ... Just keep it and apply for another?
    Correct :)
    I work within the voluntary sector, supporting vulnerable people to rebuild their lives.

I love my job

:smiley:
  • Gemm83Gemm83 Forumite
    213 Posts
    ✭✭
    Wonderful. Thankyou for your help. Much appreciated ��
  • DobbibillDobbibill Forumite, Board Guide
    4K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    What is his credit limit with Barclaycard? They are known to offer existing customer deals. Does he have any promo dealas available?
    Credit limit permitted/offer available - move the Virgin balance to Barclaycard and move the Barclaycard balance to M&S ;)
    ETA - most of the balance from Barclaycard, he won't be able to move all £1500 if that is his limit as cards normally only allow 95% of the limit for a BT to leave room for the fee.
    I'm a Board Guide on the Energy, Student Money Saving, UK Armed Forces and
    Local Money Saving - Wales boards. I'm a volunteer to help the boards run smoothly, and I can move and merge posts there.
    Board guides are not moderators and don't read every post. If you spot an abusive or illegal post then please report it to [email protected]. Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.com.

It's not about being the best -
    It's about being better than you were yesterday.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Ultrafast broadband upgrades

Being made available to more English counties

MSE News

30+ ways to stop scams

Incl tips to spot 'em & what to do if you're scammed

MSE Guides

£37 of No7 beauty products for £12

Available online and in stores

MSE Deals