New plan...time to see some movement!

Options

Comments

• jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Another 3 parcels posted today. I've tried to put a couple of listings on to DH as well. He's prepped a load, so the sooner I get them on the sooner the stuff will be gone!

I have a break in the lead up to Christmas to try and avoid postal issues, so I'll have to have a real push this month.

I've still got a load to do at work so want to get as much cleared today as possible. Next week it's back to the school run, so I won't be able to do such long days. At least I've banked a few hours flexi this week which will help if the kids get ill.

I've redeemed 2 x £15 amazon vouchers from survey sites, so will put those towards Xmas when they come through. I picked up little jwil some half price Scooby Doo pyjamas in Sainsburys this morning. They were a Halloween line, but they are only jammies, so it doesn't matter! They can go ready for Xmas.

Hoping to have a quiet weekend at home and try and get some stuff done there.

Hope everyone has a good one :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    You're doing really well with the selling.

Well done on the voucher redemption x
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do you think you're enjoying the selling more as it's a limited window? Sell sell sell for the next 5 weeks then have 4 weeks off. I need to start selling again. The inventory is piling up again and getting in the way. And my recent charity shop donations have not gone down well. Thank you for encouraging me.

Keep on keeping on jwil. So are all sales going in the mattress fund? Have you been to the shops to pick it? I think you need it - then you can go to sleep dreaming of your new mattress and you know your new goal xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • jwil
    Options
    You're doing really well with the selling.

Well done on the voucher redemption x

Thank you :)
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Do you think you're enjoying the selling more as it's a limited window? Sell sell sell for the next 5 weeks then have 4 weeks off. I need to start selling again. The inventory is piling up again and getting in the way. And my recent charity shop donations have not gone down well. Thank you for encouraging me.

Keep on keeping on jwil. So are all sales going in the mattress fund? Have you been to the shops to pick it? I think you need it - then you can go to sleep dreaming of your new mattress and you know your new goal xxx

Not enjoying it at all. Just plodding on with it. I'll have a couple of weeks off in early December then put stuff on to go out over Xmas, I'm looking forward to the break!

What's been wrong with your charity donations? I hate it when they are sniffy about it, we never send rubbish!

DH's sales are his money so he can use them towards whatever. Mine are just going towards living and Xmas at the moment. We haven't looked for a mattress yet, but will do. It will help if we know what we want, then we can look for a bargain!
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Can't you persuade DH to contribute from his sales to the mattress fund? I'm assuming that he will also get the benefit of it.
    Btw, can you tell I'm a big fan of a good night's sleep?
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • Kitten868
    Kitten868 Posts: 1,785 Forumite
    Options
    Exactly. I am rather naughty for taking notes in the shop then looking online to get it cheaper. Plus we are very close to black Friday. I know most people don't like it but I know what I need and check for it on the day. I know if it's a good deal or it is just hype. Normally I have no luck except toys on Amazon.

First time I took loads of stuff in and the minute I said I don't qualify for gift aid she walked off. Second time she was going through the bag while I was still holding it and pulled out a boot that wasn't brand new but was still good condition and told me it wouldn't sell. I said ok I'll take it elsewhere and she grabbed the bag off me and wouldn't let me have it back. Charity shop ladies be crazy. None of it was tat. I only donate the good stuff and most of it was hardly worn (Thank you mil for hiding it at your house til they've outgrown it). So infuriating.

Maybe not enjoying it but you sound very positive about all your sales at the moment. Maybe suggest that all your sales, both his and yours, go in the mattress fund? Xxx
    Loan 1 £5200/£8000
    Loan 2 £300/£5800
    Total £5500/£13800
  • mfmaybe
    mfmaybe Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    Options
    Jwil I only just realised you had a new diary so have been catching up. You are doing so well, you always make me feel tired and disorganised reading what you've been up to!

Sorry to read of your battles with anxiety. This is a new thing for me this year. Mine is due to a mix of hormone-messing medication and genuine health issues (that probably are solved, but that doesn't stop me worrying non stop). I've been recommended a few apps for mindfulness: the one I am using is a paid-for one, but I've a list and some are free, I will dig it out for you. I'm actually about to see a counsellor that I'm luckily getting funded, and if anything else useful comes out of that I'll pm you some strategies if you like?

In the meantime do all you can to keep up the running. I also find my days are better when I use my bullet journal to keep me on track. On the really low days I try to use activity scheduling; ie a very detailed breakdown of what I'm going to do, including putting on a load of washing, emptying the dishwasher etc. The better days I still use the bullet journal but I don't split it into timeslots!

Anyway just some ideas of what has helped me. Tiredness makes everything a million times worse though, so agree with everyone else on the mattress prioritisation!
    0% card was £1126.91 / Now £1502.37

AFD March 2/15 NSD March 2/11 :T

Other debts paid since 1/1/14: £17,005
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I make a daily to do list in a notebookand I write EVERYTHING on it :rotfl:. This is an example the kind of trivial carp on my daily list :o

1. Get up at 7am
    2. Walk in park
    3. Shower
    4. Put dishwasher on
    5. Go to volunteering
    6. Post letter

I find it really stabilises me because I can't cope with an empty day stretching ahead. I need to timetable my day or I feel really anxious :o.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • jwil
    Options
    Can't you persuade DH to contribute from his sales to the mattress fund? I'm assuming that he will also get the benefit of it.
    Btw, can you tell I'm a big fan of a good night's sleep?

Oh he definitely will, it's just he's just had a rather hefty car bill so trying to cover some of that back. We are getting used to the one we've got, but it's still harder than we'd like so we still want to swap it.
    Kitten868 wrote: »
    Exactly. I am rather naughty for taking notes in the shop then looking online to get it cheaper. Plus we are very close to black Friday. I know most people don't like it but I know what I need and check for it on the day. I know if it's a good deal or it is just hype. Normally I have no luck except toys on Amazon.

First time I took loads of stuff in and the minute I said I don't qualify for gift aid she walked off. Second time she was going through the bag while I was still holding it and pulled out a boot that wasn't brand new but was still good condition and told me it wouldn't sell. I said ok I'll take it elsewhere and she grabbed the bag off me and wouldn't let me have it back. Charity shop ladies be crazy. None of it was tat. I only donate the good stuff and most of it was hardly worn (Thank you mil for hiding it at your house til they've outgrown it). So infuriating.

Maybe not enjoying it but you sound very positive about all your sales at the moment. Maybe suggest that all your sales, both his and yours, go in the mattress fund? Xxx

I don't very often buy stuff on Black Friday either, but usually have a nose. We really should look for a mattress so we know what we want. I think we're both putting it off in case we buy the wrong thing again!

Some of the charity shop staff can be so rude, others are lovely. It's ridiculous. DH does most of our charity runs, and the staff knew his mum, so luckily he rarely has issues now.

I love seeing the stuff leaving, even if I moan and grump constantly while listing and packing :D
  • jwil
    Options
    mfmaybe wrote: »
    Jwil I only just realised you had a new diary so have been catching up. You are doing so well, you always make me feel tired and disorganised reading what you've been up to!

Sorry to read of your battles with anxiety. This is a new thing for me this year. Mine is due to a mix of hormone-messing medication and genuine health issues (that probably are solved, but that doesn't stop me worrying non stop). I've been recommended a few apps for mindfulness: the one I am using is a paid-for one, but I've a list and some are free, I will dig it out for you. I'm actually about to see a counsellor that I'm luckily getting funded, and if anything else useful comes out of that I'll pm you some strategies if you like?

In the meantime do all you can to keep up the running. I also find my days are better when I use my bullet journal to keep me on track. On the really low days I try to use activity scheduling; ie a very detailed breakdown of what I'm going to do, including putting on a load of washing, emptying the dishwasher etc. The better days I still use the bullet journal but I don't split it into timeslots!

Anyway just some ideas of what has helped me. Tiredness makes everything a million times worse though, so agree with everyone else on the mattress prioritisation!

Lovely to 'see' you again mfmaybe :) Sorry about your health issues and anxiety. That would be lovely if you could send me your list and tips if you don't mind. I've downloaded a couple of apps, but haven't used them a lot. The mindfulness books I got from the library so seem to be making a difference, I must say.

I've totally let the running slip :o Just three left too. I think that's weighing on me as well, I should bite the bullet and do it but really struggling to find the get up and go.

I really should do the list thing. It did help me last week, but the thought of a daily 'schedule' might really help me, as I spend too much time on the computer which means I don't get anything else done.

I make a daily to do list in a notebookand I write EVERYTHING on it :rotfl:. This is an example the kind of trivial carp on my daily list :o

1. Get up at 7am
    2. Walk in park
    3. Shower
    4. Put dishwasher on
    5. Go to volunteering
    6. Post letter

I find it really stabilises me because I can't cope with an empty day stretching ahead. I need to timetable my day or I feel really anxious :o.

I really should do this, it's a great idea. I waste so much time doing random stuff, that allocating timeslots might really help my productivity.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport