Options
1234568»

Comments

• motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    ginashamz wrote: »
    The RX8 shares the same chassis and transmission as the MX-5 although slightly stiffer and up rated. RX8 is also more powerful with a 231BHP engine compared to the 160BHP MX5.

MX5 is probably a lot more cheaper the run and probably more reliable. Not sure if it has an LSD though?

There are variants of the MX-5 that have an LSD though - the mk2.5 1.8i Sport for example.

Not that they particularly need it - they're more about balance and drive that outright power.

Its easy to own an MX-5. Cheap to run and own, easy to work at.

RX8, whilst a great car always has that huge reliability cloud hanging over it, and the fuel consumption is somewhat shocking too.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    The amount of heated argument and opposing, contentious opinions about cars and their owners here, really amuses me. I have owned, driven and tested so may different cars in my working and day to day life, it is interesting that so many people choose to defend their own piece of automotive engineering with such passion. I mean, the damned things deteriorate and depreciate as soon as you get them down the road.

I now drive a Motability Hyundai iX20 and I love it: 6 speed auto, 24 valve twin cam, 125 BHP. Small, maneuverable and does exactly what I need from a car.

Various car comparisons sparks debate yes. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. Some people are very subjective about it and will "defend" their car choice. My and my wifes car choice wouldnt suit everyone so i'm not going to suggest its the perfect car combo for everyone.

The iX20 is a great car. Great warranty, good spec, not too expensive. As you say it no doubt suits your needs. Other people have different needs and wants and will chose differently.
  • Robisere
    Robisere Posts: 3,237 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Stoke wrote: »
    So what's your point?

Thought it was obvious: each to their own, what the heck does it matter what car anyone else has, when even the most expensive car is worth a lot less than its purchase price, after a year or so?

The exception of course, being certain Classic Cars, which can be an investment.
    I think this job really needs
    a much bigger hammer.
  • Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Robisere wrote: »
    Thought it was obvious: each to their own, what the heck does it matter what car anyone else has, when even the most expensive car is worth a lot less than its purchase price, after a year or so?

The exception of course, being certain Classic Cars, which can be an investment.
    It doesn't matter to most..... but there are some people who clearly don't like the fact some people buy more expensive cars. It's all pathetic if you ask me.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure