IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

told not to worry about payment and enjoy the day by the staff

Comments

• harnas
    harnas Posts: 58 Forumite
    edited 30 October 2019 at 8:54AM
    Hi Umkomaas, thanks for watching this but... would be great if you can point out what's wrong? did i Misspelled/misread somehow?
    thanks

update: nevermind... didn't see at all last night. now it reads:
    . It was only then that I was made aware that the IPC (Independent Parking Committee, now called International Parking Community) which is the trading body Armtrac belongs to, is run by the same owners as the IAS. (...)
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,256
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Forumite
    Job’s a good one now. :)
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • harnas
    thanks!

i am still struggling to find if i can send WS by email to court and to Claimant... there is nothing about emailing witness statement that i can find. Can anyone please point me in the right direction?
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,162
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Forumite
    You are advised to HAND DELIVER your Witness Statement (WS), evidence and costs schedule to the court and get a receipt from the usher/receptionist. Instructions/address for serving WS etc. to the claimant are on the claim form. Do not attempt to e-mail to the court; do you expect them to print it for you, sort out any formatting issues and out the page in the correct order?
  • harnas
    edited 30 October 2019 at 9:52AM
    ok thanks a lot for that
    how about BW Legal, can i email to them?

update:
    claim form doesnt state email at all. but i have direct email to the "witness" from BW legal.
    as i am coming up to the time tht is needed, should i send him a copy via email and also by post (i would explain that he would get the original in the post). so that they cannot claim i didnt deliver before 14 days?

thanks
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    It is like Groundhog Day on here every hour:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=76439858#post76439858

Please read other court threads before asking the same stuff everyone keeps asking.

Post a pile of stuff to BW Legal in a scruffy envelope, 2nd class as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Forumite
    No, you cannot email BW legal unless you have confirmed with them they accept service via email. Its in the CPRs. Have you done so?

Doing both is not going to hurt you.
  • harnas
    I apologise, i am panicking a bit here and trying to do a lot of research - i don't like to just do thinks so i read a lot to understand... and i do feel like in groundhog day for second day in a row...
    (my fault to prioritise other things than this, thought it would be more "straight forward" than it is).

i tried to find it but couldn't - perhaps not diligent enough.

Posting 2nd class means they will most likely receive it less than 14 days before the hearing, hence my question. I think i will drop the files to the court directly on Friday.

Also, in the post you linked, you said "email them" here you advice to post... i am confused
  • harnas
    No, you cannot email BW legal unless you have confirmed with them they accept service via email. Its in the CPRs. Have you done so?

Doing both is not going to hurt you.

I did not ask for it. I will today, depending on where i am with all of the evidence.
    thanks a lot!
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 130,634
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Forumite
    in the post you linked, you said "email them" here you advice to post... i am confused
    I suggested both. People normally email them but they don't ''like'' it, so post as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 342.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.4K Spending & Discounts
  • 234.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.8K Life & Family
  • 247.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure