lilmissmup's debt free diary!

Options
I am taking the plunge and gonna start a diary to try and get myself motivated to clear off my debt ASAP.

My debt is fairly small, i have 1 loan with Northern Rock which is a 18 month loan which totals £5385.60.

I have paid off 6 months of that now so have paid of £1795.20 at £299.20 a month and have £3590.40 left to pay.

I also have 1 credit card with £408.49 on it but this is at 0% until May 08.

I have been in debt though since April 2004 when my OH was having issues with his landlord so we ended up moving in together but had to get a loan out to do so (in my name, he paid me his half back). I also had an Egg Credit Card too at the time.

Then in August 05 we decided our flat was too small so got another loan out to pay off our existing loan (again in my name due to OH credit history) and give us the deposit for renting a house.

I also applied for a credit card that year to pay off my egg card but ended up spending about £3000 on that :eek: plus i had an overdraft that was steadily increasing each month!

In May this year i had my LBM and got out another loan (one i currently have) and paid off my credit card (which had about £2k left on it), my £1000 overdraft and the rest of our last loan.

Stupidly i applied for another credit card via Quidco through MBNA for the £8.50 but ended up spending on it.

My OH pays me £50 a month for the loan for his share from our last loan but the other £249.20 is up to me and i would love to get it paid off ASAP so we can start saving for a deposit on a house.
Now a SAHM trying to earn some spare pennies each month

Comments

• Little_Pickle
    Options
    Good luck!
    Keep us updated and if you need any halp or pointers, give us a shout!
    If you want to post your SOA, I'm sure the great guys here can help you find areas you can save the pennies on!
    LP :D
    xox
  • lilmissmup
    lilmissmup Posts: 6,884 Forumite
    Options
    Ok here is my SOA
    Salary: £1003.36

Rent: £275
    Loan £249.20 (OH pays £50)
    Mobile Phone Bill: £40
    Sky: £9.50 (OH Pays other £9.50)
    Electric & Gas £16 (OH pays other £16.00)
    Pet Insurance 1: £5.73
    Pet Insurance 2: £6.14
    RSPCA Donation: £3
    Phone and Internet: £20 (OH Pays £20)
    Groceries Approx £100 (£100 paid by OH)
    EDIT@ Council Tax £55 (£55 paid by OH) *Cheers glastowinebar!*
    Leaving £233.79 each month for going out/clothes/toiletries etc.

Every 3 months i have to pay the TV Licence at £34.12 as well plus how much i pay off on my credit card varies each month depending on how well i am doing.
    My water bill has been paid up until March 08 and i am going to look into getting a water meter and changing to Direct Debit then which i know i should have done when we moved into this house.

I want to change my broadband provider as stupidly renewed with BT again this year for a £2 discount but its still £25 a month for the internet, stuck in contract until May though.

I am also planning on changing my mobile provider in February to something cheaper.

Think this is all correct!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Well i have been a good girl tonight and put 10 things on ebay to sell, 8 items of clothing that are too small for me now and also i look a bit silly wearing them now too as they are very emo and i brought them when i was about 18 (now 23) and as much as i love my rock music scene i don't wanna be called emo lol.

If anyone thinks i can cut down on my SOA please let me know although its pretty tight.
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Not been such a good girl this weekend as went to see my friend in London and ended up spending around £200!

£20 travel card to London (Cash)
    £30 meal for 2 @ Wagamama's (treated my friend as i was staying at hers, used 0% credit card)
    £22 on a top (Used credit card again)
    £27 on a belt :eek: (Used credit card again)
    2 Tops @ £55 (Cash)
    £45 on drinks/club entrance/greasy burger @ 3.30am :whistle:
    £20 getting home/ mcdonalds lunch when i got home :whistle:

Total £219

:rolleyes:

Just checked my HSBC bank account (used to be my main account but switched in May) too and had less money in there than i thought so am now actually £7.79 overdrawn and don't have an overdraft on that account anymore as paid it off with loan and shut it down!

Not sure if i have a £10 buffer with them or not or else gonna get charged :mad:. Think i might be lucky and have a £10 buffer.....

HSBC owe me about £300 in charges anyway but i wrote a letter in January, got a reply in Feb saying they were looking into it then then never heard anything else, need to chase that up again too but unsure whats happening with this court case thingy?

Oh well! :rolleyes:
  • mariagti
    mariagti Posts: 3,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    lilmissmup wrote: »
    Not been such a good girl this weekend as went to see my friend in London and ended up spending around £200!

£20 travel card to London (Cash)
    £30 meal for 2 @ Wagamama's (treated my friend as i was staying at hers, used 0% credit card)
    £22 on a top (Used credit card again)
    £27 on a belt :eek: (Used credit card again)
    2 Tops @ £55 (Cash)
    £45 on drinks/club entrance/greasy burger @ 3.30am :whistle:
    £20 getting home/ mcdonalds lunch when i got home :whistle:

Total £219

:rolleyes:

Just checked my HSBC bank account (used to be my main account but switched in May) too and had less money in there than i thought so am now actually £7.79 overdrawn and don't have an overdraft on that account anymore as paid it off with loan and shut it down!

Not sure if i have a £10 buffer with them or not or else gonna get charged :mad:. Think i might be lucky and have a £10 buffer.....

HSBC owe me about £300 in charges anyway but i wrote a letter in January, got a reply in Feb saying they were looking into it then then never heard anything else, need to chase that up again too but unsure whats happening with this court case thingy?

Oh well! :rolleyes:

Hi!:D

Thats the problem when your a DFW your social life seems to go out the window because u dont want to waste money.

Youve gota keep them credit cards at home! ;)

Hope you had fun and dont feel too guilty today about spending it! If you keep on this site everyday reading how far other people have come you'll soon join in having nites in intead of out!

Theres plenty to do that dont cost much or nothing though!
    Make £5 a day JAN £121/175 FEB £283/175:j
    Weekly Grocery budget of £35! Jan £95.05/175 Feb £37.53/175
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    I don't go out very often anyway, go bingo or pub once a week, maybe go out one weekend a month drinking but thats more due to friends being busy with there own lives then the money side but as this friend lives in London i don't get to see her very often, only every few months so nice to treat her and me.

At least its a 0% card anyway :p (tries to redeem herself!)

Today am off to Tesco to go food shopping but have a budget of £20 this week as OH starts a new job on Wednesday so won't be getting paid for ages.

Plus he has always been on weekly pay and now is switching to monthly so gonna be really hard for next couple of months which is great with Xmas coming up! :rolleyes:

Luckily the bank of nan is able to lend me money if necessary but only really want to borrow what i have to so definately won't be going out now until probably christmas/new year!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Right had a NSD today :j Was a good girl and took soup to work, resisted urge to go get a Magazine too!

Yesterday i spent £26 in Tesco, only got about the same to spend each week for next few weeks too!

Got a quidco payment of £60.87 today so put that in my savings account, got £101.88p in it now lol!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Another NSD today :j

Done my daily click throughs on rpoints/greasypalm and quidco to help earn some extra cash, got 3 days left on my ebay items, 6 are bidded on 4 not but still a while to go, i already have £25 in my paypal account so once they have all be done and paid for i will have enough to withdraw money into my savings! Don't like to withdraw less than £50 due to the extra charge.

Not doing so well on the earn £10 a day challenge, have been earning just haven't got the energy to work it all out, gonna do that Thursday i think and just do a weekly total and update my sig!
  • lilmissmup
    Options
    Have had another NSD today and yesterday so since Sunday i have spent a grand 0p!

Luckily i get lifts back too and from work and don't drive (though not through lack of trying and failing my test 3 times!) and have taken lunch every day.

Have been good and cooked all week (my main vice, being lazy and ordering a takeaway) and haven't been out all week either....getting addicted to this non spending more than i ever did spending! :j

My ebay items end today too, a few have already and a few more to go, looking to make about £50-£60 on there at moment so that can go towards my credit card bill this month.

OH started new job yesterday and isn't getting paid until 30th November,he has always had weekly pay until now so going for 3 weeks without getting paid is gonna be hard....especially for him as he smokes and likes a beer in the evening! :rolleyes:
  • glastowinebar
    Options
    lilmissmup

you haven't included council tax in your outgoings

mines £100 :(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income