£29,303...Enough is enough!

Options

Comments

• WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    DHs birthday today and I was ever so tempted to treat us all to a meal out (which would have cost in the region of £80 :eek: ). But we settled for a chippy tea instead. Yes it's £14 that could have gone to debt repayments or savings, but at least I saw sense and avoided the restaurant. It's been difficult planning for a birthday when I have only just set up my savings pot. I'm hoping that by the time the next birthdays come round I'll be much more organised and my pot will have a decent amount saved up.

I did make a £5 sale today and am really pleased as it's DDs old coat that has a tear in the seam, but the buyer was happy enough with it. I've also cashed out £24 from PA, so overall I'm in profit today :)
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    A good chippy tea is a real treat! Hope you all enjoyed it a lot.

Great news about PA and your sale today.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Today I have been on a shopping spree...a new super king quilt for the winter, brushed cotton bedding, a door curtain and curtain rail for the porch/lounge door (so cold in the winter), bath mat, sleeping bag for DC3, scented candles, lunch boxes and 3 gorgeous microwaveable teddies for the children for Christmas. I spent a grand total of...£9! and used up some vouchers I had squirrelled away. I'm very happy with my purchases and feeling ready for the colder weather now (although I'll be grateful for the sun continuing to shine in my last week off work).

There's another fun day at the local park today, with the added bonus of a free BBQ so the children and I have had an enormous burger each.

DC2 is back to his sports tonight after his op. I will do the weekly shop whilst he is there (from September's budget) so, as the house is currently nice and quiet, I'm going to enjoy a cup of tea in silence and write a shopping list/batch cooking plan of action.
  • LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    pidge04 wrote: »
    A good chippy tea is a real treat! Hope you all enjoyed it a lot.

Great news about PA and your sale today.

A chippy tea is an awesome birthday treat...
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • WelshKitty85
    edited 1 September 2018 at 9:00PM
    Options
    Today I have cooked. And I have baked. And I have cooked some more. In my freezer I now have:
    Lasagne x 2
    Cottage pie x 2
    Chicken tikka masala
    Mashed potatoes
    Chicken in mushroom
    Chicken chow mein
    Chicken, ham & sweetcorn pie
    Chicken & stuffing pie
    Chicken & mushroom pie
    Pizza
    Cooked and sliced gammon x 2 family portions
    Cooked chicken x 6 portions
    Jam roly poly
    Banana cake
    Scones (unbaked]
    Shortbread dough

For lunchboxes:
    Savoury muffins
    Pizza slices
    Flapjacks
    Banana cupcakes
    Blackberry muffins

DC3 has been an angel all day, probably because he's been constantly fed to keep him happy sitting in his high chair in the kitchen with me :rotfl: .

I still want to make some mini pancakes and naan bread for the freezer but I'm unfortunately running out of space.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    I've just added up this week's big shop and it's come to £120 in total. It's my first time doing a big shop for the month so I'm hoping the remaining £80 will be enough for a small top up of bread, milk etc each week. I was a bit worried about stocking up on snacks for the month, so I have put a small supply in the usual cupboard and have hidden the rest with the vegetables - nobody will go snooping in that cupboard :rotfl: - and will ration them weekly.

I'm feeling a bit flat about debt busting today. DDs don't start going out for another 2 weeks (after payday) and Ive not made any sales to be able to make overpayments.
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    DC1 & DC2 are both back to school now. DC2 has gone into year 6 and has come home exhausted the last 2 days.

Today we have found a childminder to have DC3 when I return to work. She is nearly half the price of the nursery we looked at, closer to where I will be working (when my office moves in 2 months) and seemed lovely. Thankfully, my mum is amazing and has agreed to have DC3 2 days a week, and I'm going back on a phased return, so I won't need childcare until October and then it will only be 2 days a week.

DHs work seems to be picking up. He's got some more regular work booked for this month, looking like enough to cover this months outgoings and enough to give us a decent head starting next month.

Boosting my income is still slow going. A small £1 sale today. I'm hammering the survey sites as much as I can while I'm off work, but none ready to cash out yet.
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    Wow! I'm in awe of all that cooking and baking! How long did that take you?!

I'd love to do similar but wouldn't know where to start...
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Homegrown0 wrote: »
    Wow! I'm in awe of all that cooking and baking! How long did that take you?!

I'd love to do similar but wouldn't know where to start...

8 hours :eek: :eek:

I don't think I'll do it on that scale again as my freezer is just too small. I'd love a big American style fridge freezer, but finances won't allow. I think next month I'll try shopping and batch cooking for 2 weeks rather than a month.
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Cookery lesson please - If you cook and freeze mashed potatoes, what do you do with them before you eat them?

Also, if you cook and freeze chicken, how do you heat it up?
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback