Virgin Media to lose all UKTV channels from Sun 22nd July

Options

Comments

• CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    Options
    murph330 wrote: »
    Watching with interest, hopefully a solution will be "found" at the last minute.

Would be intrigued to see if losing channels, some (not sure if all?) are available via freeview, is something that can be used to break out of a contract with Virgin?

I'm with BT (it's a freeview box called youview) and we haven't received any emails or letters about this at all.
  • MidlandsGlory
    MidlandsGlory Posts: 1,715 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I gave up on Virgin TV years ago when they did the same thing with Sky and lost all their channels. Telewest were fine for years, until Virgin messed it up.
  • Ottoni1979
    Options
    Hi, this will only affect virgin media. Freeview, Freesat, sky, Bt, you view etc will be unaffected.
  • Ottoni1979
    Options
    From reading on Virgin Medias official forums apparently they are letting customers cancel penalty free due to this reason.
  • Ottoni1979
    Options
    To be fair, this is a shambles for Virgin Media. It brings with it bad, unneeded publicity, and it harks back to when Sky and Virgin Media had their channel spat a few years back.
    On various other TV forums, there had been excitement that virgin media were due to launch some new channels, now we know why! It was due to the potential withdrawal of the UKTV channels!
  • TobyLarone
    TobyLarone Posts: 72 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi, do you have a link to this on their forum please? thanks
  • MrsHat
    Options
    Its an absolute shambles, I'm a VM customer and I only found out about this today when a friend mentioned it. They haven't done what they said the would and notified us :mad:

Ive already made plans to switch to sky, can get it for less than half what I'm currently paying VM
  • CakeCrusader
    CakeCrusader Posts: 1,118 Forumite
    edited 20 July 2018 at 11:42PM
    Options
    The only time VM were efficient was the day they disconnected my services. Says it all really.
  • Magicmerly
    Magicmerly Posts: 57 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    This is awful, we love watching Taskmaster on Dave (or it's online variant UKTV Play) and so I'll be ditching Virgin for the much cheaper options out there.

Sad thing is, I don't think Virgin Media will give a crap.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ottoni1979 wrote: »
    From reading on Virgin Medias official forums apparently they are letting customers cancel penalty free due to this reason.

I would be absolutely astounded if that's true, the T&C's will no doubt include the line that the channel line up can change at any time. I wouldn't rely on the odd comment from an anonymous person on a forum (and yes, I appreciate the irony of that statement).
    MrsHat wrote: »
    Ive already made plans to switch to sky, can get it for less than half what I'm currently paying VM

If that's true then why are you still with VM?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure