Car released from garage without authority

Options

Comments

• Johnnyboywdz
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    Seems odd that you hadn't already paid him for the delivery of your Landrover that happened months before. Also, if the insurance had settled much earlier then why didn't you just pay him out of your own pocket?

Also, why haven't you informed your insurer?

Wish people would read the post correctly - the insurance pay out was not for my Land Rover but for the other car which was written off whilst in France - this pay out was used to replace that car

I was still waiting on an invoice for the transport costs, but as he was travelling through France had not had time to do me one. Then the situation with transporting the written off car back to UK came up, which he agreed to use to cover my costs

I am not using my insurance when it is the dealers responsibility, and should therefore go through their insurance
  • Johnnyboywdz
    Options
    Can't believe how many people on here are asking things that are clearly laid out in my initial post ??
    Please read before asking, as I seem to be going round in cirlces - Thanks
  • neilmcl
    neilmcl Posts: 19,460 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I am not using my insurance when it is the dealers responsibility, and should therefore go through their insurance
    You are still required to inform your insurer.
  • neilmcl
    edited 12 July 2018 at 11:29AM
    Options
    Can't believe how many people on here are asking things that are clearly laid out in my initial post ??
    Please read before asking, as I seem to be going round in cirlces - Thanks
    But you haven't been clear, far from it.

Your story is so full of holes an entire Thai school football team could easily get lost in it. :D
  • AndyMc.....
    AndyMc..... Posts: 3,248 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    How far away is the Land Rover dealer?
  • Mercdriver
    Mercdriver Posts: 3,898 Forumite
    Options
    I don't understand how your payment to him for transporting your LR to UK is related to insurance paying him to transport the wreck. They are two separate jobs with two separate invoices.

Perhaps he is still expecting payment from you? I don't see how the insurance paying him to transport the wreck relieves you of the responsibility to pay him for transporting your LR.
  • neilmcl
    Options
    Mercdriver wrote: »
    I don't understand how your payment to him for transporting your LR to UK is related to insurance paying him to transport the wreck. They are two separate jobs with two separate invoices.

Perhaps he is still expecting payment from you? I don't see how the insurance paying him to transport the wreck relieves you of the responsibility to pay him for transporting your LR.
    His argument is that he hadn't received an invoice/request for payment for the first job even though it was done months previously.
  • bertiewhite
    bertiewhite Posts: 1,904 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Is this thread one of those that will keep giving? :)
  • Car_54
    Car_54 Posts: 8,215 Forumite
    Options
    Forgive me if these have been answered already.

Why did the "transport guy" carry out the original job, for a total stranger, without payment up front? That doesn't sound like anyone I've ever met in the recovery industry.

Why did he have a copy of the V5?
  • Johnnyboywdz
    Options
    neilmcl wrote: »
    His argument is that he hadn't received an invoice/request for payment for the first job even though it was done months previously.
    They are not connected

All it was, is that he had an empty place, and I said it would be good if I could ask my insurance company if he could transport the written off car back to UK for them, resulting in him earning for an empty place on his lorry, which he would then take as payment for transporting my Land Rover back to the UK - simple - done him a favour and he done me a favour
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure