Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks Jwil, the cake was delicious and although I have only seen photos so far, the twins are adorable! Good healthy sizes too and all are doing well. It's a bitter sweet time though as she herself is a twin, but her twin sister passed away nearly 12 years ago after a car accident. I think of her often, but times like this always makes it seem more unfair that she's missed out on so much. We are all excited to meet them though, they are super cute.

Today DD had to come into work with me for a bit, she is never overjoyed at coming in but she was real good, and sat doing her colouring and listening to music on my phone. We popped to see my parents afterwards and had planned to go for a walk afterwards but as we were leaving, my ankle gave way! I shouldn't have drove really, as pushing the pedals was agony but we got home okay. Been hobbling around since then. It's happened a few times lately and I'm not sure what I have done to it, hoping it will feel better tomorrow.

Tomorrow I do have to pop into work again for a little while but will also take DD pottery painting too, she does love doing that and DS has plans to be out with his friend. Still have £13 of my weekly money so that is plenty to cover it.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,374 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    That's sad :(

Hope your ankle is ok.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    It is Jwil, and I realised it's actually nearly 13 years! Wow, cannot believe that long has passed by already. She was just 17 and I often wonder what she would be like now.

My ankle is still iffy, have put a tubigrip on which is helping. Quickly popped into work this morning, luckily not much to do as DD was bored going in again. She enjoyed Pottery painting though and my best friend and her two came too so was nice to all go out together. The rest of my weekly money covered the Pottery and a cup of tea for us both and some juices for the girls. They had a nice play in the park area afterwards. DS has had his friend over for the day, music was so loud when I got back, hope they haven't annoyed the neighbours with it all day :o

Did spend £10.35 to book train tickets for tomorrow, as we are off out shopping. I do have a family and friends card so did save over £8 on the fare though, so I only got £10 weekly money out for this week to cover it. We are meeting my niece there who is going to take DS clothes shopping while I take DD shopping for some new shoes. My parents got a refund a few weeks ago and kindly gave DS £100 towards it, as he really does need some new bits, he's shot up again. I have the money I need in the savings to get the bits we need, hopefully get some ideas for Christmas while we are out too :)
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    I am tired and my ankle is so painful after todays shopping trip, think I will have to go get it looked at.

So, was quite a spendy day. I took out £70 and also had my £10 weekly money and I only came home with £3.40 :eek: but DD got her new shoes, some bits of clothes etc. I got myself some new trousers for work and some boxers for DH. Plus lunch for 4 of us (I paid for my niece to say thank you) and 3 birthday presents, so not to bad I guess. Would have bought home a little more but we had an hour to wait for the next train so we ended up in a dessert bar, although I just had a cup of tea and the DC shared a sundae, it was still another £9.

DS did well, and bought money home for some more bits. My niece used her student discount card and got him some good savings. He's happy with all the bits he got and I got some of his clothes that didn't fit him anymore :D

Weird thing today is DH mum ringing to say she has had a few letters through the post there for him of one of our creditors. Not sure why, will go find out tomorrow what they are as we are off to meet the twins :j
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Went to meet the twins yesterday, they are so beautiful, and settling in well :)

Decided to sort the attic out when we got home :eek: oh my, what a load of junk most of it was. Took me near enough the whole day and some of this morning. But we had bought new storage boxes with lids, so everything we've kept is easier to get to and packed away neatly. But, it wasn't until DS emerged from his bedroom to say he was hungry that we realised how late it was and that we hadn't sorted any dinner so we ended up having a takeaway :o

Also bought pumpkins yesterday so quite a bit of unbudgeted spending. I also forgot to order a slot for our shopping, luckily we had enough here to have a lovely gammon roast today anyway as shopping is not coming until tomorrow. Thought I had best add some Halloween sweets incase anyone turns up, some years we get a few but some years, none at all.

Hope everyone has had a nice weekend.
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Options
    Glad you met the twins and had a good weekend :)
  • Robin09
    Options
    Happy Halloween,

A few busy days with work, visiting friends and family (more cuddles with the twins :)) and getting stuff done at home. DC back to school tomorrow, thankfully as DD is fed up having to come to work with me. Although she was pleased when my boss gave her a bag of sweets and a few pounds today to go in her halloween bag.

I am taking DD trick or treating tonight. She has never been before and is very excited. We are meeting up with my best friends partner and the girls so will all go together.

Haven't spent any money this week, helped by not having any :o. Pay day today though, have not had chance to do budget for the month yet, so will get that done when they are back at school tomorrow.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    It's so quiet!! I do love the holidays and having them home but it's been nice today to be able to clean and tidy without them making a mess behind me and being able to open the windows without them moaning it's too cold :D DD couldn't wait to get back, DS grunted at me on the way out when I told him to have a nice day

Budget done for the month, its quite tight as DH had a few short days due to the weather, but everything (I hope) is budgeted for, including extra petrol for a couple days out that are planned this month, plus birthdays etc. Had to pop to town this morning to post my nephews birthday card, will give him his present when I see him next weekend.

I have also budgeted £10 per week to go in a sealed pot, going to do this on any month the budget allows. I have also decided to do the Christmas vouchers again, I have done them before and I have missed having them this year. Also received my Tesco vouchers today, £72 so that will do our Christmas food shop.

Also, we are all so excited because DH has now got us tickets to go see Elf the Musical next month, free gift through work again. Amazing, and I am so grateful as it's not something in our price range. It's Christmas next month :rudolf: :xmassmile
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    Options
    Tickets to Elf sound great, especially as a freebie :)
  • liselle
    liselle Posts: 90 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've had a DMP with Stepchange for a long time(long story but it's working for me) and I have occasionally made overpayments,having talked to them first about it.I didn't have to go into great details,just said that I'd received a cash gift from a family member(true.)
    Very best wishes for your debt free journey, you're doing well so far.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback