Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    It truly is beautiful around here ftbwannabe :) but the storm has hit us today. Gave DS a lift to school as he would have got drenched walking the mile to school. DD refuses to be driven as we only live a few minutes walk from her school and she loves the rain! Fine by me as her school is ridiculous for parking. Had to go the long way to work as the roads were flooding. Not looking forward to going out in it again tonight to take/pick up DS from Explorers.

Made another sale today for £20 :) collected and paid for. Have already spent some :o on 4 storage boxes and beeswax to rub down a unit we had in the garage to replace the Welsh dresser. DH was home from work early so filled the car with stuff for the charity shop, sure there will be more but gets that lot out of our way.

Got paid for the job I did for my brother, so Christmas and birthday pots are looking good.
    SPC 076
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Well done on the sales.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks Honeysucklelou, glad I give the selling pages another go. Have agreed another £10 sale for Tuesday, so hopefully they will turn up.

In the end, I didn't have to worry about going back out last night as DS said he didn't want to go to Explorers, not just last night but not at all :( I think it's a real shame but I cannot force him to go. He's been in Scouting for over eight years and has done amazing stuff, so we are shocked he is just giving up. Plus, he had a trip planned to Europe next year which we have paid £400 towards. I'm not even bothered about the money but am upset he seems to be just giving up. I know his friends have talked to him about it too, but he isn't budging with his decision.

Another very very windy day here today but no rain. Roads blocked again with fallen trees so long way to work again this morning. Jeans shopping is done, thankfully. Dotty P's had offer on for two pairs for £26, but they only rang up as £24 :). Then DD had a birthday party, so a bit of money spent on some cups of tea and cake, couldn't resist today :o Have just over £10 left of my weekly money which I am hoping to save some of.

Hope everyone stays safe in this weather!
    SPC 076
  • Robin09
    Options
    Went out today for breakfast, it was planned and budgeted. It is our wedding anniversary tomorrow and for the last few years, we have all just gone out for breakfast to celebrate. I'm not even sure why we started doing it but we all enjoy it. Come in under budget too :j

We then went to pick up some more storage and paint. We had planned to go out for a hike afterwards to burn off the big breakfast but I got called into work last minute. Rarely work Sundays but the girl who does them, called in sick. So they all came home and watched films until I was back, then we continued with the big sort out. More bags packed up to leave this house forever more :D

Some family dramas going on, trying my best to keep out of it as its an ongoing thing but they all seem to drag me into it.
    SPC 076
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    What a lovely way to celebrate your anniversary.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Well done on the decluttering and sales :T Hope you had a lovely anniversary. Sensible to keep away from family dramas.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks both, we did have a lovely anniversary :)

This week has felt like it's gone real slow but fast at the same time, I feel exhausted. Still been busy with the big sort out and decorating plus trying to get as much done at work so I can have a few days off next week in half term. Sales going well, have made £45 this week and agreed sale for £15 tomorrow, so hoping they turn up. It has been spent on more bits for the house, new paint brushes, light switches etc.

Still feeling disappointed that DS has given up Scouts. Not disappointed in him but for him, that he will miss out on the opportunities but he seems happy with his decision so I have accepted it (just about). He does seem a bit more chilled this week, meetings are going well.

DD has done us proud this week with an amazing parents evening. Plus, she stood up and did the introduction at her schools harvest festival. This was incredible to watch as up until 6 months ago she was having weekly speech therapy for her stammer. She didn't falter the whole way through, it was amazing to watch.

Payday for me today, topped up the Christmas/birthday pot so I am pretty much sorted for them all now, just need some ideas! Also, feeling very lucky as DH managed to get us a free family ticket to see The Nutcracker ballet through his work. Just a few days before Christmas so will be a real treat.

School broke up for both today, off now until 1st Nov. Haven't really put much thought into what we are going to do, but sure we will have a few cheap or free days out. This weekend they will probably both just chill out as they are both worn out, not feeling 100% with colds.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hope you can all rest and recharge this week.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thanks Pidge. The holidays have been pretty boring so far. I had work Saturday and DH was out all Sunday on a work course, so the weekend went by quickly. Yesterday DS had a meeting and then we came home, DD spent the majority of the afternoon outside making a miniature garden. Spent some of my weekly money today on some baking stuff and a little gift for my nephew. I'm pretty dreadful when it comes to baking but DH and DD made a lovely cake together.

Today, DH's sister had the twins, a boy and a girl. All went well and hoping we will get to meet them before the end of the week.

Have been in contact with the group who are running the Europe trip as I'm certain now that DS is not changing his mind and they have said we are going to be getting £325 back from what we paid, so happy about that. Although wish he would still go, I'm slowly getting over it :o

Just got back from picking my nephew up from the train station and popping him home. He's been away for over a week on a training course for his new job so was nice to hear all about it.

Going to sit down now and enjoy a slice of the cake :p
    SPC 076
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,327 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Twins, how lovely!

Hope you enjoyed the cake :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories