Back to try again..

Options

Comments

• Starmummy
    Options
    So glad your first day of your course went well. Adult learning is so rewarding.
    debt consolidated 16/8/18 £9,788.01/£12,618.12 :( (Total debt at LBM 1st Jan '18 c..£19.5k)
    EF/FIT savings £97.24 Other Savings £12.17 House Deposit £4,762.64/£20,000 23.8% :D
  • WelshKitty85
    Options
    Get well soon
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hope you are feeling better now.

You can pay money in to many bank accounts through the post office these days. https://www.postoffice.co.uk/branch-banking-services
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Thank you all!

Haven't updated my diary in a little while. Antibiotics worked for the confirmed UTI, so feeling a lot better there. It is DS who we are concerned for. He is 14, very smart, a perfectionist and has traits of OCD. But lately it has gotten worse and he's been getting more and more stressed. He doesn't sleep well and over thinks everything. He takes on more stuff that isn't necessary, like learning languages in his own time. In most subjects at school he is predicted a 9 in his GCSE's and has said he will have failed if he doesn't get them. He has had counselling before but mainly to learn techniques to help him sleep but we have had more meetings in the last week with doctors and the school. He has been referred to talk to someone again, which I'm hopeful will help. Breaks my heart to see him feeling so lost.

In other news, well nothing exciting. Still the same, trying to build up the savings, sticking to budget. Busy at work as we are due an inspection any day. Still doing the job for my brother, always useful for Christmas money and DD's birthday which is also December. We have tickets to go out this Sunday, which I will need to budget some of DH's wage for. Tickets were free though as he gets them through work. It's an enjoyable day and I wouldn't pay the £50+ for a family ticket (it isn't that good) so always nice to get.

In other good news, my brother and family came for a visit on the weekend. Which is really nice as both my sisters live close by but both of my brothers are further away and we don't see each as much. He also bought the great news that his brother is starting to wake up, he cannot communicate yet apart from hand movements but he hasn't lost his sight and they are hoping to be able to operate on his legs more now he is stablising.

Hope everyone is well.
    SPC 076
  • DMP_Tiger
    Options
    Hi Robin, the increasing numbers of schoolchildren struggling with stress/anxiety, etc is frightening. There is so much pressure on them, it just isn't right.

It's heartbreaking to see your child struggling like that and the free help often isn't actually much help at all. The schools aren't a lot of help either, which only leaves private counselling which is very expensive....

I hope he finds the right help soon.
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • jwil
    jwil Posts: 19,209 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I hope you find some help for DS. I can see my little boy has anxious tendencies already, it's so worrying.

That's great news about your relative as well.
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • Robin09
    Options
    Thank you both.

We have been very lucky to get such quick appointments as I think they can tell he isn't coping with his emotions very well. They have mentioned they would like to test him for Aspergers, which would actually explain a lot of the ways he goes about things. But it may not be, but he definetly needs help learning how to cope when things are not in the order he expects them to be.

Missed college this morning as he had another appointment, plus the next two are on Monday mornings. Obviously, getting him the help he needs is my main priority but I'm unsure weather to just fall behind or try again the next time the course runs.

Had a lovely day out yesterday, very lucky to get the tickets to go. We did stick within our budget but we did spend way too much money on food! It was all just so delicious, but actually felt sick last night as I had eaten so much :o Put all the change into the Christmas pot, which is building quite nicely. I have usually started to buy stuff by now but have been feeling quite stumped this year on what to get anyone.

Hope everyone had a nice weekend.
    SPC 076
  • DMP_Tiger
    DMP_Tiger Posts: 182 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Robin09 wrote: »
    I have usually started to buy stuff by now but have been feeling quite stumped this year on what to get anyone.

A voucher will be fine for me if you're stuck for ideas..... :xmassign:
    August 2018: Secured Debt £70,003 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,657 Total £104,660 DFD: March 2031
    January 2019: Secured Debt £68,269 Unsecured Debt (DMP) £34,457 Total £102,726 DFD: March 2031
  • Robin09
    Options
    Will make sure I write that down on my list DMP_Tiger :p Going to write a list this evening with who I need to buy for and a budget for each.

Athletics finally started yesterday and DD loved it! It is only £1 a week and £10 for a year's membership, cannot go wrong at that. She also came home with another party invitation for this weekend. Was going to stop in town after work today but forgot my purse, never mind.

I have been so tired this last week, have not been sleeping well. This month's DMP payment will take us into the £17000's. I have decided to not worry about it for a while and just continue to pay our agreed amount of £210 a month. Will maybe think again next year about going self managed but for now it is ticking along nicely.
    SPC 076
  • WelshKitty85
    WelshKitty85 Posts: 1,439 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Did you ever manage to look at the works for birthday party gifts? I went in a few weeks ago and got 5 books for £5 and 20 birthday cards for £1. 2 of the books are for DC3 but the others and the cards are ideal for unexpected parties with maybe a bag of sweets thrown in.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback