Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• Stoke
    Stoke Posts: 3,182 Forumite
    Options
    Sky_ wrote: »
    Comiserations Stoke, it's a pain when that happens, but your plan going forward looks good.

Thanks for the support :) It isn't nice and 4lbs on is my highest ever..... going right back to the start of my journey. It may have been bad luck, but I think you may your own luck and I know deep down I've not been as committed since the start of the World Cup.

Last night, I lay in bed and felt like I needed to make a decision:

A. Fall into old habits. Risk putting on all the weight I've lost and be overweight again.
    B. End my journey here, and aim to maintain where I am.
    C. Continue on my journey.

I am refusing to allow A to happen, so I felt like B or C were my only options. I have decided that having come this far, it is not worth quitting just yet. Yes, I have lost so much weight and that's a good thing. I'm back in my old clothes, thinner than most my friends and I have achieved what I set out to do which is undo the damage I had done over the last few years. However, I don't think it's time to quit just yet..... so today I was back on with focus and commitment again:

Apple For Breakfast
    Lean Chicken + Salad Bowl For Dinner
    Microwave SW Curry for Tea (Stoke are at home, pre-season friendly so just easier.....)

Onwards and upwards.
  • Sky_
    Sky_ Posts: 605 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Would quark mixed with prawns work sky? Perhaps mixed with a bit of tomato puree and cayenne?

I've never eaten it myself but I often substitute cottage cheese for mayo so I wondered.

I'm still feeling stuffed after my lunchtime stir fry. I somehow forgo t was just for me and made far too much.:o

It might, though quark is tangy rather than creamy, but I rarely use my syns anyway and I really like the vegan mayo. Plus it's packed with omega 3s, so I'll happily take the hit once or twice a week in baked potato toppings. I'll review things if I start gaining weight again. :o

Too much stir fry can only be a good thing. :D :T I've decided on stir fry this evening and have prepped far too much veg for us, but I know it will all be eaten. :eek: :rotfl:
    2022. 2% MF challenge. £730/3000
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Happy birthday, lush.

Ha, ha, tweets.

Stay away from the pie stall, Stoke! There are all sorts of evil things there – like Empire biscuits!

Breakfast: banana
    Lunch: toasted bagel with cooked ham (at DDiL’s - it wasn’t a big one, 10 syns?)
    Dinner: 2 chicken thighs wrapped in bacon, filled with couscous, garlic, spinach, Parmesan ( ½ ), with mixed salad and roasted sweet potatoes
    Snack later: 2 clementines
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :D
    Well done to all that have lost:T:T:T

Stoke, i am sorry you had a gain but know EXACTLY where you are coming from, i lost 3 stone in 3 months then was peeing about for the next 9 too get too target and lose another 2st 3lb , the only time i went off plan was Christmas day and i gained 3 lb from just having tiny bit of cake, 3 chocs think it was and some pavlova , i was gutted :(
    Last week i had a gain 1/2lb, the week before 2lb:mad: totally not justified . Yes i am 1/2lb over my target still but don't want to creep up any more.
    Like you i have gone back to basics this week, i have written everything i have eaten down, if i don't have a loss this week i will be gutted:o i have even said not going anymore if i don't at least sts this week:rotfl::rotfl:
    We CAN do it and we WILL do it.
    Good luck :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Happy Birthday Lush xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    From my consultants SW page
    tuna_bread.png
  • bubbs
    Options
    Brekkie
    Melon and Strawberries

Lunch
    Crustless quiche, 2 peaches and 2 nectarines

When i cam home from work was hungry so had 1/2 a cucumber as batons and light and free yoghurt

Tea
    Fish with parsley sauce made with water and salad
    Chopped fruit and ice cream made with yoghurt later.

No hexb today but have had everyday apart from today which is good for me
    tea_001.jpg
  • bubbs
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Be on the lookout for a man going round stabbing people in the butt with a knitting needle.!!. The police think he is following some kind of pattern.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

This really cracked me up:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • curl_girl
    curl_girl Posts: 4,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tweets wrote: »
    Be on the lookout for a man going round stabbing people in the butt with a knitting needle.!!. The police think he is following some kind of pattern.

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I've heard that one before! :D:rotfl:
    curl girl with a space - even though there is no space in my cupboard!!!
  • Tete_en_l'Air
    Tete_en_l'Air Posts: 7,134 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Yuk not convinced by that tuna bread! That's one thing I really dislike about SW, the fake treats. They always sound horrible and I just think I'd rather take the syns on the chin or just have an apple.

Had my tea on the hop tonight but opted for a 4.5 syn sushi pack, finishing on 14.5 for the day. I don't know how I'm managing to be so disciplined, I don't recognise myself!

I'm feeling much less bloated so I suppose feeling the effects is helping keep me motivated. I'm still wearing the same four outfits on rotation though! :o

Hope you've all had a good day, especially birthday girl Lush!
    Weightloss: 14.5/65lb
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport