Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    sorry this is a long one - obviously feel free to skip!

huge thanks to everyone for the support you give me, even now :)
    Lovely to see you posting again Lush, but sorry to hear things are so rough. Sounds like you have two kids on your hands and one more childish than the other. I hope I'm not speaking out of turn but it seems that you're running yourself ragged trying to please him and he gets away with being an @rse by hiding behind his brain disorder. I'm assuming you've sat down with him and explained how you feel?
    he doesn't get it. in his head life is very black and white. you're not speaking out of turn at all he does get away with a lot of **** and in many ways i made a rod for my own back there!
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Hugs Lush. Your hubby sounds worse than mine.
    Mine has issues after he had a stroke the other year, and I sometimes wonder how much is down to the stroke, and how much the stroke is just used as an excuse.
    He used to be super fussy too, and it is down to how he was brought up. his mum is super fussy, no foreign food, and hubby used to be the same, but I refuse to cook two meals.

I also wonder about what is left in my marriage, but there is a fear of separation, and coping on my own and stuff. It's kind of a rut. Not a happy rut, but a 'you know what to expect' rut.
    i think my fear is actually enjoying life without him and realising how much I've been missing and how bad it's been...and also not finding someone else to settle/choose me :/
    maman wrote: »
    Sending you a great big hung lush.:A I'm pleased to hear you're getting some help with your health. You've enough to cope with without soldiering on with that on your own.

You're probably aware that I've been cross with your DH for a while insisting that he has to have full fat mince and other nonsense. He seemed happy enough to eat musclefoods when he was training. It must be really hard to know how much his condition affects him but I'd have said that his mother's influence has had a big part to play. It's not just the food though, he seems to leave an awful lot to you.

If it was me I'd make a healthy meal for you and littlie and either let him get his own, have a pinged ready meal or make the smallest of tweaks that will create the least work and extra expense for you. So portion him up something then add in the chilli and pepper or do him some breaded fish/chicken alongside your unprocessed stuff. Cook a range of veg for you and littlie then let him have peas or whatever he'll eat. I almost always put our veg in serving dishes rather than plating up. My DH eats almost anything but it means I have LOs for the next day from anything we don't eat. Sorry for poking my nose in but I feel strongly about anyone who doesn't get support from family and friends.:mad:

he'd be happy to eat musclefood stuff now but not the fish. I just struggle budget wise but more so freezer space wise to store an order nowadays. i am going to use a local butcher i think- a bit more pricey but trust the quality and content and some variety.
    I think i am going to try and catch cook a few bits and freeze them for me and littlie and then just do him whatever on those days. i am looking forwarder to cooler weather as i seem to eat more variety that time of year.

you're not poking your nose in i appreciate the reality check - i know i talk about it but i don't seem to acknowledge it until another person clocks it and i realise they see it the same as me and I'm not crazy!

i worry about him cheating then realise no other modern woman is as stupid as me to put up with his nonsense haha. in my head I've said depending on what happens with my bday and then around our trip to disney at Christmas time then i will have to have a serious think after x
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    sorry this is a long one - obviously feel free to skip!

huge thanks to everyone for the support you give me, even now :)

he doesn't get it. in his head life is very black and white. you're not speaking out of turn at all he does get away with a lot of **** and in many ways i made a rod for my own back there!

i think my fear is actually enjoying life without him and realising how much I've been missing and how bad it's been...and also not finding someone else to settle/choose me :/

he'd be happy to eat musclefood stuff now but not the fish. I just struggle budget wise but more so freezer space wise to store an order nowadays. i am going to use a local butcher i think- a bit more pricey but trust the quality and content and some variety.
    I think i am going to try and catch cook a few bits and freeze them for me and littlie and then just do him whatever on those days. i am looking forwarder to cooler weather as i seem to eat more variety that time of year.

you're not poking your nose in i appreciate the reality check - i know i talk about it but i don't seem to acknowledge it until another person clocks it and i realise they see it the same as me and I'm not crazy!

i worry about him cheating then realise no other modern woman is as stupid as me to put up with his nonsense haha. in my head I've said depending on what happens with my bday and then around our trip to disney at Christmas time then i will have to have a serious think after x
    A little story...........
    My sister was married for 25 yrs, they had there silver wedding and the he left her:(
    He had always controlled the money and had bought another house:eek: she knew nothing about it.
    My sister had a breakdown, tried to commit suicide and all sorts:eek: they had 2 boys, well they were teens not small.
    She had to go to court because he was giving her sweet FA:mad:
    Anyway when i went to a party couple of weeks ago, it was to celebrate her engagement:T:T:T she turned round to me and said to think of all the s.hit i put up with for all those years ,i have never been happier than i am now:T:T:T:T:T and she is 52 this year and i hope they have many happy years together :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    Ladies I saw this on Facebook - and thought it is a good way for us all to live our life...

A few important rules to teach your daughters:
    • Travel light through life. Keep only what you need.
    • It’s okay to cry when you’re hurt. It’s also okay to smash (some) things; but, wash your face, clean your mess, and get up off the floor when you’re done. You don’t belong down there.
    • Seek out the people and places that resonate with your soul.
    • Just because you can, doesn’t mean you should.
    • 5-second rule. It’s just dirt. There are worse things in a fast food cheeseburger.
    • Happiness is not a permanent state. Wholeness is. Don’t confuse these.
    • Never walk through an alley alone.
    • Be less sugar, more spice, and only as nice as you’re able to without compromising yourself.
    • Can’t is a cop-out.
    • Hold your heroes to a high standard. Be your own hero.
    • If you can’t smile with your eyes, don’t smile. Insincerity is nothing to aspire to.
    • Never lie to yourself.
    • Your body, your rules.
    • If you have an opinion, you better know why.
    • Practice your passions.
    • Ask for what you want. The worst thing they can say is no.
    • Wish on stars and dandelions, then get to work to make them happen.
    • Stay as sweet as you are.
    • Fall in love often. Particularly with ideas, art, music, literature, food and far-off places.
    • Say Please, Thank You, and Pardon Me, whenever the situation warrants it.
    • Reserve “I’m sorry” for when you truly are.
    • Naps are for grown-ups, too.
    • You have enough. You are enough.
    • You are amazing! Don't let anyone ever make you feel you are not. If someone does....walk away. You deserve better.
    • No matter where you are, you can always come home.
    • Be happy and remember your roots, family is EVERYTHING.
    • Say what you mean and mean what you say.
    • No one will ever love you more than I do.
    • Be kind; treat others how you would like them to treat you.
    • If in doubt, remember whose daughter you are and straighten your crown.
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    A little story...........
    My sister was married for 25 yrs, they had there silver wedding and the he left her:(
    He had always controlled the money and had bought another house:eek: she knew nothing about it.
    My sister had a breakdown, tried to commit suicide and all sorts:eek: they had 2 boys, well they were teens not small.
    She had to go to court because he was giving her sweet FA:mad:
    Anyway when i went to a party couple of weeks ago, it was to celebrate her engagement:T:T:T she turned round to me and said to think of all the s.hit i put up with for all those years ,i have never been happier than i am now:T:T:T:T:T and she is 52 this year and i hope they have many happy years together :D

That is great news bubbs x

:T:T:T:T:T:T
  • Sunshinemummy
    Options
    Hugs Lush. Your hubby sounds worse than mine.
    Mine has issues after he had a stroke the other year, and I sometimes wonder how much is down to the stroke, and how much the stroke is just used as an excuse.
    He used to be super fussy too, and it is down to how he was brought up. his mum is super fussy, no foreign food, and hubby used to be the same, but I refuse to cook two meals.
    Two conversations about food with hubby in the past to give you all a laugh:
    Me - Do you like asparagus?
    Hubby - No
    Me - Have you ever tried asparagus?
    Hubby - No, but my mum doesn't like it so I won't either
    Since fed him asparagus and he loves it!

Hubby - I don't like foreign food
    Me - But you like burgers and pizza's
    Hubby - They aren't foreign
    Me - and you like the chili and fajitas I make
    Hubby - but you are making them, and you're British therefore they aren't foreign

I also wonder about what is left in my marriage, but there is a fear of separation, and coping on my own and stuff. It's kind of a rut. Not a happy rut, but a 'you know what to expect' rut.

Pop a note in your diary for 6 months time - if you still feel the same, make changes to your life - and use the next 6 months to make sure you have options available to you x
    I agree that the power of attorney would be good, although in reality hubby does most stuff for her already. If she needs cash out she give him her card and he knows her pin.
    We went through it with my grandparents and it's a lot easier to sort it when they are still able to agree with it, but MiL wouldn't agree with it so it's a no go.

Going to definitely be doing creative stuff with my daughter over the summer. She likes craft, just not all the time.
    She does love escape rooms and so do I so planning to do a few this summer to entertain her, but yes it will get expensive.

Totally. Need my own personalised parking space

We managed to get my mum to agree as we persuaded her that it would enable her to keep living at home for long..... it needs doing as the cost afterwards are huge! :o:o:o
    bubbs wrote: »
    I am sorry but you dont have to put up with it:o

Yet i will try anything once:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    Sorry you are not happy as well Kathryn:( it is more people than you realise which is sad.
    I am lucky, yes we have had our ups and downs like anyone but we have been married 25 yrs very soon:o I would have got less for murder though:rotfl::rotfl:

Totally agree no one needs to put up with rubbish.

and if you try anything once..... that maybe why you are still happily married!

The majority of men are really lovely (as are woman)..... and we all deserve happiness x
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,934 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 July 2018 at 9:22PM
    Options
    That is great news bubbs x

:T:T:T:T:T:T

Thanks, she went through hell for the first 3 yrs after, couldnt even go back to her house , she moved back to mum and dads, for their sanity too as they were getting phone calls all times of the night with things she had done/was going to do:o:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still here but have nothing interesting to say so most days just read. Sorry to hear about the hubby troubles - from personal experience, nothing changes until you action it! The grass isn't always greener though and comfortable misery can be a good thing too.
    I've got to weigh in tomorrow or I will be off line with the app etc. I'm expecting a little gain but can sort that by going back to basics and counting syns.
    Right, off for a dog walk before it heats up.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,605 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm still here but have nothing interesting to say so most days just read. Sorry to hear about the hubby troubles - from personal experience, nothing changes until you action it! The grass isn't always greener though and comfortable misery can be a good thing too.
    I've got to weigh in tomorrow or I will be off line with the app etc. I'm expecting a little gain but can sort that by going back to basics and counting syns.
    Right, off for a dog walk before it heats up.

That's never stopped the rest of us!:rotfl:

Good to hear from you midge. Do you know exactly how long it is before you get kicked off the website/app? I know I must be getting close. It used to be the case that you got a polite warning saying something like 'please weigh in soon'. Now the message just appeared saying 'have you weighed in the last couple of days?' and when you say no (can't lie because their system would know surely?) it throws you out.

I'm still sticking to my plan of HEA/B breakfasts (easy to measure Weetabix so can't overeat) and EESP lunches. I'm feeling a bit thinner but I'm probably out of range still. I'm reluctant to do full EESP as I'd miss carbs in the evening and I know DH would too.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, red fruits
    L: Veggie omelette (courgette, mushrooms, spring onion, tomato) with pickled cabbage and cottage cheese
    D: LO Chicken(less) casserole
    Syns: tbc, none planned
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    Afternoon All

Sorry to hear the issues you're going through LLS & Kathrynha - hubby can be a stubborn soul but generally his heart is in the right place. I know we went through a rough patch about 10 years ago, mostly of my making, where I know he could have walked away quite justifiably but stuck with me.

Having said that my father treated my mum quite badly before he left and I felt powerless to do anything and I hated him for it...sister doesn't get why I still feel the way I do but then again she didn't see it first hand.

Stoke - stick with it ...I'm expecting a gain as well this week!

It's quite warm again today so something light will be had for tea....water consumption has gone up so that is one good thing at least
  • Matron_Midge
    Matron_Midge Posts: 710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    That's never stopped the rest of us!:rotfl:

Good to hear from you midge. Do you know exactly how long it is before you get kicked off the website/app? I know I must be getting close. It used to be the case that you got a polite warning saying something like 'please weigh in soon'. Now the message just appeared saying 'have you weighed in the last couple of days?' and when you say no (can't lie because their system would know surely?) it throws you out.

I'm still sticking to my plan of HEA/B breakfasts (easy to measure Weetabix so can't overeat) and EESP lunches. I'm feeling a bit thinner but I'm probably out of range still. I'm reluctant to do full EESP as I'd miss carbs in the evening and I know DH would too.

Today's EE plan:
    B: NAS grapefruit, HEB Weetabix, HEA milk, red fruits
    L: Veggie omelette (courgette, mushrooms, spring onion, tomato) with pickled cabbage and cottage cheese
    D: LO Chicken(less) casserole
    Syns: tbc, none planned

I don't know exactly but, I think our consultant said you have to do it at least every 28 days.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure