Slimming For Summer - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,926 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Of course you can join, everyone is welcome. It's a shame that your new consultant isn't as good as your old one. However, I think staying to group is important to get some support, ask questions, get ideas for meals etc etc. I know you say you don't feel you get support now but perhaps you'd get more if you stayed rather than just weighing and going. Seems a very expensive way of getting weighed. I always think you might just as well go to B**ts of similar and get weighed, would cost far less than nearly a fiver!.

That looks great Bubbs, probably one of your best looking meals!.

Just turn up shortly before the advertised time and you will be greeted and shown where to go for the New Member Talk. You will get your books after this.

You may get weighed at this point followed by Image Therapy where you will hopefully get some good idea for meals etc. (see my response above). At my group, because it is a very large group, new members usually get weighed after IT rather than before but I think this varies at different groups. Good luck.

Denise

:T:TThanks Denise, are you saying others are crap:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    They get weighed and pay after new member talk and group at ours incase they decide its not for them
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    curl_girl wrote: »
    Thanks.
    On the first night what is the procedure and what do you get for your £9.95?
    Do you get books? Or is it online access?
    Sorry but have never thought of class before.

You could try and get a referral from your dr they do a free 12 week trial, helps you to see if group is for you.

Does anyone know the syns in a small slushy? Not sugar free unfortunately, our boss bought us all one at work today to try and cool as off as our air con is broke and the branch was heaving with customers so much body heat and electrical equipment was unbarable!
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • bubbs
    Options
    SIRENS wrote: »
    You could try and get a referral from your dr they do a free 12 week trial, helps you to see if group is for you.

Does anyone know the syns in a small slushy? Not sugar free unfortunately, our boss bought us all one at work today to try and cool as off as our air con is broke and the branch was heaving with customers so much body heat and electrical equipment was unbarable!

Slush Puppie, Classic Iced Drink, all varieties (1 regular (12oz)) 7:eek:
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • kadison
    kadison Posts: 3,662 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Thank you everyone!
    Of course you can join, everyone is welcome. It's a shame that your new consultant isn't as good as your old one. However, I think staying to group is important to get some support, ask questions, get ideas for meals etc etc. I know you say you don't feel you get support now but perhaps you'd get more if you stayed rather than just weighing and going. Seems a very expensive way of getting weighed. I always think you might just as well go to B**ts of similar and get weighed, would cost far less than nearly a fiver!.

I've tried staying but this new consultant is only new to us, not new in the job yet she lets the same people monopolise every conversation.

All they do is chatter and waste time, don't get me wrong, I know chatting is an important part but our new consultant doesn't even try steering them back to SW matters (or even vaguely related) and once they've had their 5-10 minutes each, the consultant races around the rest of us because she's running out of time!

I honestly get nothing out of it so would rather just pay to weigh and get online access than pay to weigh and waste an evening getting bored to death! :eek:

BTW I promise I'm not always this downbeat! :D:D:D
    No Buying Unnecessary Toiletries 2023
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend
    Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read - Groucho Marx
  • gettingtheresometime
    Options
    kadison wrote: »
    Hello, could I join please?

I belong to a group but they're very cliquey, moreso since our regular consultant left and was replaced with one with not much personality (perhaps I was spoilt before!).

I haven't felt any support there since so have stopped staying, I just weigh in, speak to the few friends that are left and leave. Unfortunately it's the only group I can get to as I'm busy the rest of the week.

I'm getting married next year and would like to be as close to target as I can get, though losing 10 stone in 10 months isn't realistic, trying to get as close as possible, is!

Welcome Kadison.

You'll have to have a word with a woman in my class -she's lost 6+ stone in about 40 weeks.

Had a good weekend away but over indulged as per usual though I made a point of drinking lots of water during the day...also cycled 15 miles and then did a 4.5 mile walk with hubby so I don't feel too bad.

Well with this hot weather I certainly don't feel l8ke eating in the day and have found drinking lots of water is keeping hunger at bay so if I can keep this up I'm hoping for another loss on Saturday.

Tonight's meal was some ribs that didn't get used on the weekend together with some salad.

Going to defrost some chicken to make another hunters chicken tomorrow again with salad
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    :T:TThanks Denise, are you saying others are crap:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    They get weighed and pay after new member talk and group at ours incase they decide its not for them

:rotfl: Not at all, just think that looked really nice - I can't be bothered doing kebabs! I prefer dinners I can just chuck in the oven and leave to get on with it; or curry/chilli usually make it in a deep saut! pan and once the onions are softened and the spices cooked out I can just leave it to get on with it. I quite enjoy cooking but can also be a bit lazy about it sometimes!

The problem with our group is because it's so big the consultant often overruns so need to get IT started as near to time as possible and that doesn't often happen!

Denise
  • bubbs
    Options
    :rotfl: Not at all, just think that looked really nice - I can't be bothered doing kebabs! I prefer dinners I can just chuck in the oven and leave to get on with it; or curry/chilli usually make it in a deep saut! pan and once the onions are softened and the spices cooked out I can just leave it to get on with it. I quite enjoy cooking but can also be a bit lazy about it sometimes!

The problem with our group is because it's so big the consultant often overruns so need to get IT started as near to time as possible and that doesn't often happen!

Denise

:rotfl::rotfl:let you off, i did them on Georger Foreman, hubby had same mixture but as fajitas , i prefer mine on skewers:D
    How many go to your group?
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl:let you off, i did them on Georger Foreman, hubby had same mixture but as fajitas , i prefer mine on skewers:D
    How many go to your group?

Over a hundred go through Pay and Weigh and about 35-40 usually stay so you can imagine how long IT takes if she just goes round the room! Much prefer weeks when she just says anyone need any help or what new meals have you tried this week, things like that. Probably just as well not everyone stays - there wouldn't be enough chairs:rotfl:.

Denise
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Slush Puppie, Classic Iced Drink, all varieties (1 regular (12oz)) 7:eek:

Ooh thanks bubbs bit of a chunk of my syns but it was nice at the time, hope Mr bubbs is healing up well x

I could never get on with group, I found it very clique and our consultant would only really interact with certain members, she only spoke to me once in 3 months and that was new member sign up. I spent most of my time queuing to pay then queuing again to weigh. So now I'm quite happily doing it from home with the help of various websites for recipes and you lovely bunch, I feel very supported as I am :D
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,322 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Over a hundred go through Pay and Weigh and about 35-40 usually stay so you can imagine how long IT takes if she just goes round the room! Much prefer weeks when she just says anyone need any help or what new meals have you tried this week, things like that. Probably just as well not everyone stays - there wouldn't be enough chairs:rotfl:.

Denise

Blimey, that ia a big class!
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure