IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

SIP Parking

Hi, I'm hoping i can get some help!! I went to a gig ladt night in Manchester. I parked in a SIP car carpark, paid by phone for my 'ticket', i paid for 4 hours thing it would be well enough time!
I came out the gig approx 10 mins after my ticket had ran out (10:30pm), i had a PCN on my car! So i don't know if it was issued because i paid online and had no physical ticket on my car or because it just ran out?
The parking attendant was there, in pure anger i threw it at him and drove off. I saw him taking a picture of it on the floor, but now i don't have the PCN number to appeal!
What do i do????
I'm paniking as I've read on these forums they actually take people to court??!!!!
Thank you

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Everyone is politely asked to read the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum before starting a new thread

Go there now to learn about the game you are now caught up in, and yes, going to court is often the way these are resolved, but no need to panic!

With no PCN all you can do is await a NTK and take it from there, following the advice in #1 of those FAQ
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,336 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    You'll have to wait for the Notice to Keeper through the post which should arrive between days 29 and 56 after the parking date.

It gives you plenty of time to read about and understand the game in which you are now involved by reading the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1, which gets you started on the process.

Daft move slinging that ticket away, if the parking goon had made some fundamental error on it, could have been a potential get out of jail card.

Calm down, get your head around this stuff and deal with it dispassionately. It's not rocket science, but neither is it painting by numbers. We have no magic dust to sprinkle on this to make it disappear for you.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Thanks for replies, so am i able to appeal still?? I'm worried if I've missed the window!
  • Quentin
    If you would only do some reading as you have been advised you would understand this issue better and not need to ask questions like this!
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    I came out the gig approx 10 mins after my ticket had ran out (10:30pm),

What did the ticket on the windscreen actually say. What are they claiming. What evidence do you have that what they are claiming is incorrect. [If you threw it away you've got a real problem]

Finally can you get a pic of the signs as what they are claiming has to be on the signs.

Then and only then can you appeal if you want to.
  • Quentin
    edited 1 July 2018 at 8:34AM
    Finally can you get a pic of the signs as what they are claiming has to be on the signs.

Then and only then can you appeal if you want to.

Well....this is an IPC company so the op will learn from the FAQ that any appeal will be futile so can send off the initial template appeal as is whenever the ntk arrives and sort out the minutiae later
  • System
    System Posts: 178,093 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    send off the initial template appea as isl whenever the ntk arrives and sort out the minutiae later

How many of these template appeals to IPC companies have actually led to a cancellation. And a supplementary? How many have led to a claim?

The paperwork (which the OP appears not to have) and a pic of the current signs are far more important than a template which is no more than an invite to bounce the OP into a claim as it is an indication they don't know the issues.
  • Quentin
    edited 1 July 2018 at 9:40AM
    No appeal to sip will get a cancellation. Appeals to IAS are also futile

You can read up on this in our Faq or at parkingappeals. But I think you know that .

SIP do do claims but not every time.

The op (who seems to be a serial screwer up and Chuck away of parking tickets from her other recent thread) can get copies of sip tickets and ntk online if she wants
  • I'll just wait for ntk and pay it
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 1 July 2018 at 9:38AM
    Why on earth would you want to a pay a scammer? There are lots of reasons why they could lose a court case, grace periods, no contract, misleading signs, mistakes in the paperwork, timeliness, and more.

This is an entirely unregulated industry which is scamming the public with inflated claims for minor breaches of contracts for alleged parking offences, aided and abetted by a handful of low-rent solicitors.

Parking Eye, CPM, Smart, and another company have already been named and shamed, as has Gladstones Solicitors, and BW Legal, (these two law firms take hundreds of these cases to court each year). They lose most of them, and have been reported to the regulatory authority by an M.P. for unprofessional conduct

Hospital car parks and residential complex tickets have been especially mentioned.

The problem has become so rampant that MPs have agreed to enact a Bill to regulate these scammers. Watch the video of the Second Reading in the HofC recently.

http://parliamentlive.tv/event/index/2f0384f2-eba5-4fff-ab07-cf24b6a22918?in=12:49:41

and complain in the most robust terms to your MP. With a fair wind they will be out of business by Christmas.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure