Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    £61 spent in Aldi on the weekly shop. Surprised and delighted at this because I bought quite a bit of meat and we had run out of three cereals so the trolley was pretty full.

It'll be another low spend week this week - husband is on night shift again so will only really be eating dinners. Didn't buy so much for this reason.

Made some ham and lentil soup...well, in 1.5 hours into the process so once finished it'll have made 6 portions for lunches this week. The last time we made it, it was super tasty!

I'm tired now - kids are about to go into the bath then once they're in bed I plan on doing not very much! And it'll likely include some ER. :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Haha. You and ER! Enjoy :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    I am obsessed DIA! I'm just glad there's 15 series so won't run out too quickly.

Today
    DD for broadband came out this morning, as well as my DD to one of the CCs. I've paid off over £1000 since the start of the year so far and will be closer to £1600 paid in 2019 by the time the month is out.

Cashed out £7.77 from Topcashback this morning so once that arrives, i'll pay it off the CC.Still got £100.03 pending which still has probably another 8 weeks to clear.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    Well done on your payments homegrown, that's an amazing start to the year!

I love pea and ham soup, it's one of my favourites. I made chicken soup from yesterday's roast bones and leftover veg.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Thanks Choccy, It has been a good start to the year, although the later half of the year is also the most expensive for us usually so i'll take it how it comes. I'll keep plodding on and making progress where I can!

I've never made a truly good pea and ham soup - do you follow a specific recipe?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • BalanceBy50
    Options
    Thanks for popping by my diary Homegrown0 I have subscribed to yours and will enjoy catching up on it over the next couple of days xx
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Just got a £1 survey on PA followed by one with 80p fee with bonus (total awarded £2.30!).

£5.80 in PA once that's approved and over £7 in Onepoll.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Thanks Balance! There's a fair amount of rambling so hope you make it through unscathed :)
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    Options
    Morning HG. Well done on the survey and the bonus :T PA seems to be picking up again doesn't it. I'm just short of £2 to cashing out £20. Fingers crossed by the end of the week I'll be there.

Can't believe you'll have paid of £1600 by the end of the month. You're so dedicated to getting rid of your debt.

I've lost track of where you're up to with the windows, is the guy coming out this week to have a look and give you a price?

Have a good day. xx
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    You're right, PA is waking up. I just got another one for £1 although it said in the details it was £1.50 so not sure what the outcome will be. Pleased to be making some progress though.

I'll be delighted if i can achieve £1600 (but I'm secretly hoping for more like £1800 if i can manage to siphon of some more funds from the account). You're right, I'm feeling pretty dedicated to the cause at the moment - motivation is high and I just want this paid down as much as possible to make our house renovations more bearable. There'll undoubtedly be debt to complete that but we have expected and planned that, plus we will be in a good place to get it paid off quickly.

Window man is coming round on Sunday to measure up and he'll give us a quote based on that some time next week I'm hoping. I'm hoping it'll move fairly quickly after that.

Well, it's almost lunchtime. Do you want to place your bets on whether my husband's wages will arrive today? The added complication is that he's still away on a long weekend so even though it would take 5 minutes to process the wages remotely, what's the betting he won't do it until Thursday??
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport