Getting it together...one £ at a time!

Options

Comments

• Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just spent a little half hour while having a coffee doing some surveys. Qmee is up yo £1.09 now and was just screened out of about 45,000 surveys on swagbucks.

Is it worth my while continuing with this? Is it a waste of time? Does anyone get anything decent from it?
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    The spendy day confirmed!

Aldi- £37.82
    Fuel - £77.33
    B&M - £45.89 (cleaning stuff and a birthday present)
    Iceland - £16.00
    Home bargains - £20.36

Jusr shy of £200 which is a lot but we will just need fresh stuff every week for the rest of the month. I got a 2.5kg pack of boneless chicken thighs half price because they go out of date tomorrow so they are now positioned and in my freezer. Should keep us going for a few weeks I'd imagine.

Must rein it in though and stay conscious of what I'm spending for the rest of the month.

Nectar points up to £2.97 and I have a 3x NECTAR points voucher to use by 16th Jan.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,174 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I gave up on SB surveys through lack of time mostly, but when you do the maths it's pennies per hour so only worthwhile if it outweighs the opportunity cost of that time. I ended up just doing the 'instants'
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Thanks for your response redo. I don't do these instead of something else that could make me money, just if I'm ditto g having a coffee etc I'll dip into it. It's do frustrating spending half an hour and getting screened out of everything.

I might take a look at see what the cashout threshold is - if it's close I'll keep going until I cash out. If not then I'll just can it. Other sites like PA and Qmee seem to be more lucrative for me.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Today we have no plans and it feels wonderful.

We have been so busy over Christmas and New Year so I'm glad of having a day without any commitments. I may take the kids swimming later (they get in free as part of swimming lesson cost so just hubby and I to pay) just to get them moving some more.

We had friends and their kids visiting last night which was lovely- the kids played great together a d we had a lovely chat.

I normally would've had a gin with guests being over but instead I prepped drinks for them and stuck to water and tea. I'm just not feeling it.

I need to buy toilet roll today - I half forgot yesterday and half couldn't be bothered going to get another shop to get it! I get a huge pack in Poundstretcher for £10 which lasts us ages so worth the trip but that's a job for today since we are on our last roll!

All my spends yesterday were on my card so no change for the sealed pot.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Enjoy your day of no commitments. I hope you get a swim in.

I get nervous if I have fewer than 2 loo rolls, but then I get nervous about so many things Haha.
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Pack of 24 purchased for 8.99. Panic over! Haha
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Silver_Queen
    Options
    I only do prolific and populous live because I find those two pay quite well and if they screen you out, they do it early on so it's not too much time wasted. The others I find are a huge waste of time!
    Debt Totals July 2019::
    [STRIKE]£350 Natwest Credit Card [/STRIKE]/ ]Now £0 (paid off and closed 04/2017) £15,500 postgrad loan from parents/ Now £7,000 £5,000 sister loan/ Now £0[STRIKE]£500 train ticket loan from parents [/STRIKE]/ Now £0 (paid off 16/02/18)[STRIKE]£2,000 Overdraft[/STRIKE] Now £0 (paid off 09/03/18) £1,967.83 Barclays 0% card Now £0
    Total £7,000
  • Homegrown0
    Options
    Thanks silver - I think you might be right there. I got rid of valued opinions a couple of months ago because I was so sick of the screening out.

Qmee seems good so far but it's that and PA I've been sticking to. Although I'm still vaguely active on onepoll too.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
  • Choccygirl123
    Choccygirl123 Posts: 1,033 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I do prolific and 1poll only at the minute. 1poll is only 10/20p but they do add up if you have the time. I'm off sick at the minute do find it kills a bit of time.

Well done keeping off the gin! We're trying to do dry January, but need to finish a couple bottles of wine. I manage to finish a teeny bit of red into a spag Bol for tomorrow.
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure