Savings for the Boy & Me

Replies

• savingwannabesavingwannabe Forumite
    16.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Im glad you have a bit of time with your friend and you went out for lunch together and that the boy's father maybe increasing your money.

It's all looking good from here.
    Try to have a minimal spend year in 2021
    Saving change in money box.
  • Chandelier.Chandelier. Forumite
    933 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

Forgive me MSE for I have sinned! I've been into town today and spent a small tidy sum woops.

I bought the boy a new lunchbox to take fill with snacks when we go ice skating and for when he returns to school.

I bought myself some pretty new pens for when I return to work. I have an obsession with stationary and have way too many pens but at least I can always lend one to someone :D.

I then bought my friend a candle, notebook and pen for her birthday which was a couple of weeks ago but I was yet to get her something. I think she will like it.

I also bought myself a new purse and scarf which are lovely. There is a boutique shop near us and for what they have, they are really good prices so I can't resist.

And last but not least I was then naughty and went and got my nose pierced. I'm not allowed it for work but I'll just put a clear stud in. I'm happy with it though and have wanted it done for a while and I finally did it. It made my eyes water but aside from that, it all went well.

I managed to do all of this within an hour :rotfl:.

I'm off holiday clothes shopping tomorrow with my friend and then I'm meeting another friend who I haven't seen for a while, for dinner. We are just going somewhere cheap and cheerful.

Here is me trying to be good and save as much as possible and then I just go on random splurges. I don't always spend vast amounts though and I'm pretty good at reigning it in.

I'm going to have a bit of a chill out day today before going to my relatives later to talk about our upcoming cruise. We will probably look at what discounts are offered on certain excursions and see what we want to do.

I'm in a great mood today and feel more alive then I have done in a while. The boy did well in his ice skating and I had a good catch up with the other mums which made the morning bearable.

I think I'm finally getting my spark back and zest for life again. Long may it continue!

I'm also possibly going on a date later on this week. I'm not holding out for anything serious, I just want a bit of fun and excitement. It's a great boost to my confidence.

Have a great day everyone :j
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    :D
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You have made me laugh. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

It's fine to treat yourself if you can afford it and you can. lol. Well done on having fun.

A nose piercing???? OMG I would scream if anyone came near my nose. lol.

A date??? Oooooh exciting times. :j:j:j:j:j

I have done some work for work for the day and now I am going to chill in between laughing at your 'sins'.
    933 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning,

I once again need to be forgiven for ng sins. It has been a spendy week once again, whoops.
    I went holiday clothes shopping at the beginning of the week and spent just under £300 :eek:. However I got a lot of things for my m ok my money and most items were bought in the sale. I probably saved myself around £200 from the original price tags. I've just some bits left to get the boy which I will do later on today.

We have had a busy week overall.

On Tuesday we met up with my cousin and went for a stroll around a local nature reserve. We finished it off with an ice cream, a play on the park and some den building.

On Wednesday the boy went to a local football sport camp which only cost £5. I got most of my revalidation portfolio for work done and then nipped in to work to print some things off.

On Thursday the boy once again went to the football club and I finally finished my work portfolio and then got it printed at work to save me the cost of paper/ink. Later on we met up with my cousin and went to the indoor climbing place (free due to summer pass) and then we went for tea at pizza hut which only cost me £15 as my cousin had a taste card which gave 50% off.

Yesterday was one of the other most speediest days activity wise. The boy had his friend round so I took them to McDs for lunch and then to an indoor trampoline place where they entertained themselves for over three hours and also did some cave exploring. That ended up rather expensive but I'm convincing myself it was a one off!

Today, I'm possibly meeting a friend for a coffee then I'm taking the boy out to our local lifeboat station open day. The plan following that is to finish off our holiday shopping.

I'll soon be back to saving again, oops.

My flights, car insurance and everything else is now paid for. I've just got to sort out the travel insurance.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    933 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning,

I hope everyone is well.

It's been a bit of a wish washy week here. I've lost track of my spending and have bought quite a few other things that I'll try on and if they don't fit, I'll send them back. I'm not worrying about these things too much. I still need to do some shopping for the boy to get a couple of bits for our holiday.

We were due to go away this weekend to Mablethorpes but that has been cancelled as the owners had double booked :mad:. We looked at other possibilities but they were just coming back too expensive so we've decided to leave it. The reason for going was to celebrate the boys actual birthday so instead we have made other plans to compensate for this. We had three upset children but there is not much else we can do.

I'll divert that money towards the cruise fund now.

We have a busy day ahead of us today. I'm off to take the boy to an activity of bird hut making and then we are meeting some of my work friends for lunch. We will then probably plod around town for a bit and get what we can and then this evening we are off to an indoor climbing place.

I've yet to go food shopping this week so I will try to fit that in somewhere. I've no plans for tomorrow as yet.

So that's pretty much where I stand for now. I need to update my online banking as I haven't done it for a few days.

Have a great day everyone.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry about Mablethorpe's being double booked. I hope you and DS have fun bird house making today. He is having a lovely holiday.

It's raining here. I hope the weather is better by you.
    933 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Afternoon,

It seems that for this month, money saving has gone to pot. I've been buying bits here and there and not really keeping track of things but I'm not going to worry. It was always bound to be a busy, spendy month with everything due and our upcoming holidays. I just need to sit down properly and go through my online banking.

It's the boys birthday today and we spent the morning at an indoor climbing centre. He has now gone out with his dad for the afternoon before we all go for a meal tonight which should be lovely.

I've really overspent on my clothes budget for the holiday but in all honesty, I do not care. I want to look and feel good and the items I've bought do just exactly that. I have the money put aside for things like this, so why not?!

I've a bit of a lax attitude to money at the moment and I need to just monitor myself. I should need no more clothes for my holiday and I've bought enough dresses to see me through many occasions.

I'm just going to take everything as it comes. I just want to make the most of my time and energy that I have.

I'm due back at work next Saturday so hopefully my routine shall return back to normal and things will be better.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
    16.2K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am glad you are feeling better and there is nothing like treating yourself to cheer yourself up. You can afford it and if you haven't saved so much this month it is ok to have some time off. The clothes are an investment and you will reuse them I am sure so I approve and authorise your spending!
    933 Posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭
    Morning,

The boy had a brilliant time for his birthday. We went to the indoor climbing place and then his dad took him out for a few hours. We then went for a meal together as a whole family which was lovely.

The boy really has made use of the indoor climbing place pass. I originally bought him one (£40 for 6 visits) and then his Nanny bought him another. He loves it that much that I'm going to look into doing it as a hobby at our local leisure centre. It will be different to what he is used to but will challenge him. His confidence regarding heights has really improved and I'm so happy to see this. When he first went to the indoor place for a birthday party, he was so apprehensive and scared to climb but as time has gone on, he has pushed himself further and further. I'm so proud of him.

On Thesday we went to another trampoline park not too far away from us which was amazing. As well as the trampolines, it had inflatables and a zipwire type of ride which the boy did twice! Again, I was shocked at this but so proud. The atmosphere was just so vibrant and it only cost £10 for an hour which was more then worth it in my opinion. I'm definitely going back there soon with him.

We had a pyjama/chill out day yesterday. The boys suit arrived for the cruise which just fits him, we may need to get the trousers shortened once we find shoes to go with them. I also tried on some of the other clothes I had bought and will be returning a few items so I'll get some money back there.

Today the boy is once again off to the indoor climbing centre. I am then taking him to his grandparents whilst I head to work for a meeting regarding my return to work. At some point I need to nip into town to return a few items. I'll see what time I have left and where I can fit it in. I'm hoping they will let me return what I want as it's a swimsuit but still has tags and everything on. It was bought on a whim and doesnt fit me properly. I may also take the boy swimming if I have time.

So tomorrow we have the boys ice skating then we are going to our local theme park which we have passes for with my cousin.

On Saturday, it's my first day back at work after being off for eight weeks. I feel a mixture of excitement, fear and anxiety. It feels like I've been off far longer and I'm worried I won't fit back in like I used to. It will take me some time to get back into a routine.

In other news its 9 days till we go to Cornwall and 23 days until our cruise. There is still a few things I need to sort out. Time has flown by so quickly and there is still alot that needs to be sorted.

All the best to everyone.
    Chandelier.
    Current Debt Repaid:
    £104/£619.

Check out my Diary
  • Skint_yet_AgainSkint_yet_Again Forumite
    6K Posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good luck with your work meeting. I am sure it will feel like you have never been away once you go back. After being off for 3 months I found it very tiring even if you go back on a phased return, so make sure you take this into account and take some time to relax. Have a good holiday !
    0% credit card £1360 ~ paid in full
    0% Car Loan £7500 ~ paid in full
    JAN 2020 = NOW DEBT FREE
    Emergency fund £810.23 / £1000 (locksmith £189.77)
    Aiming to retire early in 2025 🥳
This discussion has been closed.
LATEST NEWS AND DEALS