No longer in use

Options

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I’m trying to persuade her to come back... perhaps she’ll put in a guest experience! Xx
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • MeandO
    Options
    Hi :hello:
    Give them my love too! So sorry to hear of all the building issues, aren't your parents lovely? Totally get you not wanting to borrow all of it from them. Fingers crossed for smoother times very soon x

Thank you lovely x
    Do you remember Levi? I often wonder what became of him. I hope things got easier for him.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Aw, sorry to hear about your repair bill. You've done very well to reduce it as much as possible though! Keep at it!
  • MeandO
    Options
    Thank you Moguline x
  • MeandO
    edited 5 August 2018 at 1:06PM
    Options
    I had another awful night!!!8217;s sleep and i!!!8217;m really struggling today because of it so I!!!8217;m not planning anything ambitious today. :( It!!!8217;s really hot and sunny here today and DS and I are sat inside currently - he!!!8217;s watching something on tv - I feel really guilty that we should be out doing something, but he has asked to watch this programme, seems happy enough and we won!!!8217;t be in the house much this coming week. I am so very tired and have no oomph in me to do much either... :(

DS and I had a nice chilled morning, watching a film in our PJ!!!8217;s with toast in front of the telly. :) We then went to pick up his trainers I!!!8217;d ordered to a store for him, both of which have turned out to be too big so will need to be returned. I was hoping to avoid the stress of shoe shopping in the summer holidays but it seems we!!!8217;re going to have to venture into an actual shop and try some on as he currently has no trainers as his others had to be thrown out. :(

Whilst out we popped into home bargains and picked up some much-needed hair dye for me and two rolls of kitchen foil as it was only 35p.

I also picked up some bananas, carrots, mushrooms, pears and a yellow sticker stir fry veg pack for me to use tonight, spending under £4 there.

Last night we made a quick dash to our corner shop for a loaf of bread after discovering the last bit of bread I had had gone mouldy. I also picked up a can of Pepsi to try and perk me up a bit and a lottery ticket as the answer to all my problems.. :D
  • dustydigger
    dustydigger Posts: 1,508 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunday afternoons I always come on MSE to read diaries,and today it was yours. I always learn something from the diaries and today's lesson was stop feeling sorry for myself and being grumpy! You have had some mighty bad luck lately and somehow you keep on marching(or occasionally limping) forward despite,as Shakespeare said,''When sorrows come,they come not single spies,but in battalions''. Good for you!:T:T: I have subscribed and will be rooting for you ,whilst giving myself a good telling off for self pity.:D
  • MeandO
    Options
    Thank you for your kind words dusty digger, it’s lovely to have people like yourself popping in now and then. :)
    I’d be lying if I said I don’t have moments of self-pity, but then I know it doesn’t really achieve anything or make me feel better, so it’s just a case of rolling up the sleeves and getting on with it really. :o My Mum deals with horrendous pain, a very restricted quality of life and huge challenges daily but is one of the most positive people I know. I always tell myself that I really do have nothing to complain about and have no excuse for negativity when she can be so positive in the circumstances.
  • MeandO
    Options
    I made it through the day without falling asleep... just about.

Two loads of washing have been done and line-dried today. We also walked to a beautiful local park and had a little treasure hunt for hidden painted rocks which seems to be quite a popular local activity around here at the moment. We hid some of our own at the same time. ;)
    We popped into OH’s for a while, sat in the garden, then walked home, so did get out of the house for a bit of fresh air this afternoon.

DS is fast asleep in bed, I’ve showered, washed and dried my hair and used up 2 small bottles of body lotion and a mouthwash bottle. I’m not really one to stockpile toiletries but I am making sure I use up everything I have first before buying more. My Mum gave me loads of little travel bottles of shampoo, conditioner, body wash & lotion etc. too, so they will be useful when we go away as well as making the pennies stretch a bit further at home.

I’ve taken a batch-cooked bolognaise sauce out of the freezer for DS tomorrow and some pork loins for myself and possibly OH in the evening. If he doesn’t come over for food it will be used for lunch the next day. :)

Not much else to report, other than an early night after a bit of reading for me. Hopefully I sleep better tonight otherwise tomorrow is going to be a real struggle. :(:o

X
  • MeandO
    Options
    Just a quick update before getting DS bathed and in bed.

£6208.46 cleared off the credit card, leaving it at zero. It won!!!8217;t be like that for long though unfortunately as I will need to pay the rest of the repair bill balance off when the builders have finished. I think I have a few weeks yet though as progress seems rather slow. :(

I!!!8217;ve topped some of the saving pot balances up - £75 extra gone to the car and house insurances/tax/mot etc. This is now at £400.
    £100 has gone to the birthdays and Christmas pot, making that up to £200. Finally, the emergency savings has had £150 put in it, raising the total to £900.

DS and I have had a day out today at a tourist attraction about half an hour!!!8217;s drive from us. I saved £20 on admission with Tesco vouchers, so cost me £7 to get in. We took a picnic, but did Spend a bit whilst out today. We!!!8217;ve had a pretty free week so far though so i!!!8217;m Not that bothered. We are going out tomorrow too and have budgeted around £50 for our day although hope to make it a lot cheaper.
    That!!!8217;s the financial round up, mood-wise i!!!8217;m not feeling great. Had horrible news about my Mum, :( DS has been suffering with his condition and this house stuff is really getting me down too. Also feeling extremely fat, unfit and unwell. I!!!8217;m a bit of a wreck at the moment really but i!!!8217;m really trying to keep going. :(
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Keep going. Small steps, every little thing counts to keep you from falling into a rut. It's ok to feel rubbish - we all do. Just do what you can, when you can - no pressure. Lots of love to you and the family.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback