No longer in use

Options

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Have been a bit slack updating recently, but am still here. 'Real life' has been quite testing and unsettled, but ploughing through...

DS and I spent a week with my family recently which was lovely. Am feeling really homesick now though and DS is with his Dad for a week and I'm missing him terribly. My ex is being very difficult to get along with at the moment too which is making matters a lot worse. Anyhow, to keep myself busy I shall be doing what I can around the house and hopefully getting a few jobs done that I have been putting off.

I've been paid and, apart from spends on diesel, not much else has been spent yet. I've transferred some to savings and may see if I can transfer a bit more later in the month. I'm trying to resist the urge I have to spend to make myself feel better as I know it will just make me feel worse long term. :(

No mortgage OP's yet, but the first should come out in a few days' time.

Hope everyone has a good week x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • MeandO
    Options
    £50 paid off the credit card today (new one - closed the sainbo's one and got a 20 months 0% spending card). That leaves around £55 on it which will be paid off in full before the end of the month. I'm so pleased I finally seem able to manage credit cards without getting myself into debt. :)

I had a wander round some shops yesterday and used a £15 gift card I had, but wil be returning the item today as it didn't fit in the house where I thought it would.
    I also picked up some wallpaper to complete the lounge and play room, spending £37.50 in a half price sale when it should have been £75. :) All came out of the spending allowance.

I woke up in my empty house feeling quite blue, and last night was one big continual fight against loneliness by keeping myself busy, but have since forced myself to adopt a positive mindset and am feeling quite good today. I listened to a podcast last night about positivity and financial stability so perhaps this has helped!

YNAB has all been updated, still haven't touched the grocery budget for the month and have plenty left in the fuel budget too.
  • MeandO
    Options
    Just been informed I'm sending some softener to test which
    will save me buying some for quite some time. :) More pennies saved!
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi
    Just stepping out from lurking to send you a bit of encouragement and support. I hate those days where you feel on your own and a bit down about it all. Sounds as though you did everything right though in terms of helping yourself through it.
    Much love xxx
  • MeandO
    Options
    Thank you crazy_cat_lady, the encouragement and support is much appreciated. So nice of you to de-lurk and pop by, thank you. xx
  • MeandO
    Options
    Whoops - had a bit of a spendy day yesterday after saying I hadn't touched much money this month! :o:o:o

Everything was a good price and reduced in the sale etc, but it still all added up to around £90. :eek: It has all come out of the allocated spending budgets and has all been paid for (no credit car useage :)) and one item is a gift, but that's it for the month now and I need to rein the spending in.

£12.50 was spent in Asda from the grocery budget. £3 of that was for a duvet cover for the spare room. I've been looking for a new one for ages and they were reduced to £3 for a double.

The mortgage payment has come out of the account including the regular scheduled overpayment, so I've overpaid £51.03 of my £150 target so far this month. When the CTC and CB is paid in I will be able to knock the other £100 off the mortgage although would like to reduce it further and get it down to under £75k this month if I can.

I received my free bottle of softener to test. :T It's a big bottle and should receive points for answering the associated survey afterwards too.

I've brought my breakfast and lunch to work and taken a YS buy out of the freezer for food tonight. No spends needed today!
  • MeandO
    Options
    I’ve had a fairly productive afternoon since leaving work... I sorted out all of DS’s clothing drawers whilst he is away and bagged up everything that’s too small. There is now a black bag full for the charity shop and a fair few bundles for eBay. I’ve sorted all of the eBay stuff into sizes and bundles so it’s ready to photograph and list.
    There’s nothing of great value, but even if it makes an extra £20, that’s £20 off the mortgage. :)

I’ve put all the laundry away and tidied the airing cupboard. The spare room has had a quick tidy, apart from the piles of clothes to list, and the new duvet cover bought yesterday has been washed, dried and is ready to put on the bed (when I can find the bed under all the clothes!).

I left work earlier than planned as I have workmen turning up to do some initial work before starting the big planned works that have to be done to the walls. :( They said after 2.30pm and still haven’t turned up even thought it’s 5pm. I’m not starting anything like listing the eBay stuff as I know they’ll turn up just as I spread everything out to photograph :mad:, but hope they turn up soon as i’m just waiting around and can’t go out. :mad:

I’ve completed another survey and cashed points in for a £2 amazon voucher. I’m not far off another £2 one too. :)
  • MeandO
    Options
    They didn’t turn up. :mad: Had to chase them up via phone and text, but boss man was very apologetic and didn’t realise they hadn’t been so second chances tomorrow...

I went round OHs as he wanted to cook tonight, although I took a YS buy from the freezer for us to use up. We popped to Asda afterwards to pick up some ingredients for a spot of baking tomorrow - i’ve found a recipe for a mojito cake which I want to try!

They’d reduced their fresh bread and rolls to 5p each so OH picked up some and I bagged a yellow sticker noodle meal for my lunch tomorrow for 44p, reduced from £3. :T There were also some gourmet burgers for 88p from £3, so they went in our basket too!

I’m back home now, about to have a shower, a caffeine-free cuppa and sit in bed and read for a bit. I deliberated about sanding down a chair I want to restore, but glad I didn’t start it this late now despite being enthusiastic twenty minutes ago! It will wait for another day.

Night all x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Options
    Great find, to get a double duvet cover for £3.

Hope the workmen show up promptly today. Well done on the mortgage overpayments. Not far to get below the £75k.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hope the workmen have turned up today - I hate when people do that :mad:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts