Updated Find the cheapest broadband discussion thread

Options

Comments

• kodelord
    Options
    Hello

Just wondering if any one knows - can one add 12 mth TV to this deal , maybe separately over the phone? I called up the BT customer service to check and they deny knowing anything about a 12 mth deal, and refuse to entertain any qns.

thanks
    k
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Just a thought - would it be worthwhile ringing the people you want to move TO rather than FROM to see about a great/better than advertised deal?
    Instead of making 'x' try to keep me, would it better to let 'y' try to poach me?
    The second man to go over Niagara Falls in a barrel, Bobby Leach, survived the fall but later died as a result of slipping on a piece of orange peel.
  • faddy
    faddy Posts: 508 Forumite
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    Yes, ring the 'request a MAC' number and say you're planning on switching to EE but what can they offer before you do. I was offered 12m line rental for £140.40, free broadband and a £50 credit (new 12m contract), which I wish I'd taken rather than switching. I know of another who got the same without the £50 credit. Good luck.

Just rung them and the best they'd offer is free BB for 12 months, but still £16-40/month for line rental. Said they'd stopped offering advance line rental "a few days ago". So off to EE, somewhat reluctantly given their CS reputation.

Is EE Broadband just a repackaging of BT Wholesale Broadband, i.e. should I get the same performance as I did when I was with Plusnet before moving to Sky?
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Try again. I was first offer was free broadband existence of pre paid rental denied), followed by free broadband and line rental in advance, but I accepted free line rental, on my third call.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I rang sky again to see if they had an offer better than the last one they quoted last week at £198. This time they said no offers were available and to be honest, i would be better off setting up with another provider and sky may contact me in a few days offering a deal when they get notice of my switch. That would be my best option i think. I asked what had happened to my last offer and he said it had gone.
  • teddysmum
    teddysmum Posts: 9,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    hubb wrote: »
    I rang sky again to see if they had an offer better than the last one they quoted last week at £198. This time they said no offers were available and to be honest, i would be better off setting up with another provider and sky may contact me in a few days offering a deal when they get notice of my switch. That would be my best option i think. I asked what had happened to my last offer and he said it had gone.

Did you by any chance get a Scottish centre ? Both my conversations with them had poor results .
  • benboo_2
    Options
    My line rental with Plusnet is due for renewal (paid annually in advance) and the price has gone up by approx £18 pa so started to look at what other broadband & home phone deals are around. Martin Lewis is advertising what looks like a great deal with EE which offers line rental for £132 p.a with unlimited broadband for £2.50 per month with free weekend calls plus you receive a £100 Amazon voucher as well which looks great on paper but beware.

We currently have inclusive anytime calls with our package with Plusnet so we wanted to upgrade to the same with EE but have just been told by EE sales that the Amazon voucher only comes with the weekend call package AND you have to be either a EE, Orange or T Mobile customer which we are not. I was told this would only become apparent once you apply for the Amazon voucher at which point you have to enter your mobile number and if it is not with EE then the voucher will be refused which of course is to late to stop the switch of the broadband & home phone!

Appears the EE deal is not all it seems MoneysavingsExpert. :(:mad:
  • Scrounger
    Scrounger Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    anactuary wrote: »
    I was offered 12m line rental for £140.40, free broadband and a £50 credit (new 12m contract)...
    I was also offered this deal PLUS a new router (the black SR102-2 Hub - apparently worth £69.95) by the Scottish centre.

Works out at (equivalent of) £7.53/month for LR & BB.

I also took the inclusive calls package for an extra £5/month (the £50 credit will cover it for the first 10 months).

That was about 3 weeks ago.

It's not the cheapest deal but at least it saved switching from Sky.

Scrounger
  • buckrogers
    Options
    update
    i had canceled talktalk, and went ahead with EE,
    had 4 calls from talktalk within 3 days, as soon as EE got in touch regarding taking over my broadband, and to see if they could do me a deal, which i said no as you made a deal with me a month ago and never kept it,
    4th call she,said can we see what we can do,
    got offered line rental upfront for £110 for year, broadband and evening and weekend calls , and Essentials Tv with youview box all for £2.25 a month 12 contract, so have cancel EE and stayed with Talktalk.
  • hubb
    hubb Posts: 2,482 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Looking at Plusnet, I don't know weather to pay upfront for line rental and forfeit the free calls or pay monthly for a higher cost and have the free calls. I don't make that many calls really. hardly use the phone.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback