PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 18th June 2018

Options

Comments

• pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    back to docs today with my bitey leg.. idiot dr says 'go to A&E' ... I don't think so.. not with a freaking bug bite.. it is specified in all the ads as one of the things to NOT go there with.. so I am looking at months of itching and pain and a huuuuuge sleep deficit and medication and a whole summer of keeping it covered up because it is nasty .. so I'm not a happy piggy.

I finally fit in my calf length skirts and now cannot wear them :(:(:(:(
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,086 Forumite
    Options
    Pigpen, might a pharmacist be helpful?
    Better is good enough.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,025 Forumite
    Options
    Honey_Bear wrote: »
    Pigpen, might a pharmacist be helpful?

no, I went there first to hopefully avoid the surgery and got the steroid/antihistamine cream.. which is also useless. :(
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Well done to Valli, and hope that Frodders and Piggers are on the mend soon. Hugs to anyone who needs them.

Paid stuff today and evening out later but will try to keep on top of the dailies.
    Have a great day everyone.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Fayolle
    Fayolle Posts: 2,906 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning.

Lots of ((hugs)), Frodders. It never comes in ones, does it? X

Well done Valli. I need some of your willpower. Slinkiness is going backwards currently.

A full day at work today to make up for skiving out for lunch yesterday. Our small town seems to have become the home for all unloved and otherwise homeless temporary traffic lights.....it's going to be a looooong drive to and from work until they find a better home.

Dinner is out from the freezer, thanks to batch cooking last week. The lists will get a look over this evening. Have a good day everyone.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,813 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all. Up at sparrow fart to declutter DS to station for 6:40 train. So

DW emptied
    Bin emptied
    1 load on line; 1 nearly finished
    WUDUPA/left to dry as appropriate

Sports day today but I will be working my socks off receipting payments.

Have a good day all
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • atypicalblonde
    atypicalblonde Posts: 3,057 Forumite
    edited 19 June 2018 at 7:38AM
    Options
    Morning All,

Piggers I hope you get it sorted ASAP.
    Frodders - big hugs to you xx

Up super early again (what's new) so loads done already. More poo picked, DW unloaded and filter cleaned out, WM x1 on the go and paid DH VAT bill. Checked his business bank account too - wish I hadn't; too depressing for this time of day!

Car is booked in for its service this morning, I am volunteering as well.

Application submitted last night, closing date is next Friday so please keep everything crossed for me. Ooh on the Slinky front I am now maintaining 9st 12lbs :T

Scrambled eggs calling; have lovely days all xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hello everyone!

Sorry to abandon my post yesterday, but we haven't seen DSS in ages, so wanted to spend the day doing nice things. Had a fry-up breakfast, a leisurely amble around Shrewsbury, then some very nice cocktails just after noon! :eek:

DSS collected both the boys from school, to their utter delight and I made a coconut and lemongrass curry for dinner. Everyone piled onto the sofa with bowls, which was a treat. Football watched and celebrated then DSS and GF left for Sussex.

It was so lovely to see them, but DSS is getting thin, he's soooo tired and working too many hours. GF admitted she's feeling lonely with him working too much and that another lad keeps texting her, trying to get a date. I'm hoping that DSS listens to his dad and slows down a bit, to enjoy the present, otherwise I fear GF may not be around for much longer :(

*sigh* even when they're adults, they still are a worry...

Welcome newbie flyladies :wave:
  • mrs-moneypenny
    mrs-moneypenny Posts: 15,519 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all hugs to all
    Thank you for the lists, I'll mostly be evening and early morning flying.
    Saw dad in the care home at the weekend seemed a lovely place with nice enough staff but it's just so sad how quickly dementia is stealing him. When he's at home with stepmum there to carry the conversation it masks how little of my dad is actually still there most of the time.
    Mum in law is a little more demanding as she appears to think actually mentioning visiting my own dad Father's Day weekend is somehow taking something away from her, so we've had a few random phone calls to get extra visits in to see her. -forgot to put something on shopping list, batteries fell out of the tv remote and she can't put them back in, just simple little things so we pop back round two or three times a day. All followed by demands and reassurance that I won't put her in a hone like I have my own dad. I did not have a choice in that my poor step mum needed a break and mum in law hasn't got dementia.
    Plus side to keep me sane I've been offered and accepted a proper job with a contract I'm at the same workplace, and stilldoing lunchtimes and jobshare aftercare club but I have officially got a one to one job starting next year instead of gettting everything via sick cover or fill in, so I'm really pleased with that.
    Sports day today so better find something moderately sporty to wear

Have a lovely day all. X
    SPC~12 ot 124

In a world that has decided that it's going to lose its mind, be more kind my friend, try to Be More Kind
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Great news Mrs MP.

Flying takin a back seat again today as I have to do some paid work (half day on contract, half day as overtime) but this does free up most of Thursday in order to get things done properly.
    Still, if I can keep on top of the daily stuff today, all will be well.

Happy flying everyone.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport