Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

Prepping for Brexit thread - Page 108

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Prepping for Brexit thread

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
3.6K replies 493.8K views

Replies

• DovelingDoveling Forumite
    658 posts
    Sixth Anniversary 500 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Jojo - your post is wonderful. Thank you.
    Not dim ;) .....just living in soft focus :p
  • SuffolksueSuffolksue Forumite
    461 posts
    100 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Jojo I completely agree with you,whatever happens,if we lose our compassion,then all is truly lost.
    Not expressed that very well at all ,sorry
  • ivyleafivyleaf Forumite
    6.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thank you Jojo. This household certainly has no intention of ceasing to support the RNLI and i'm astonished that anyone would.
  • David_AstonDavid_Aston Forumite
    1.2K posts
    1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    To return to the actual purpose of this thread, can I suggest that you preppers get in a shot gun and ammo, plus, drug barron style doors and window shutters?
  • kah22kah22 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    ✭✭✭
    I live in Northern Ireland and I’ve only ever held an Irish passport

Today I was reading the latest figures of those applying for an Irish passport who are living in Great Britain or Northern Ireland. 98,544 were from Great Britain an increase of 22 percent on last year and 84,855 were from Northern Ireland . An increase of 2 percent

One must wonder how many of those voted Brexit but now want to hedge their bets!

Kevin
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • edited 1 January 2019 at 7:23AM
    Honey_BearHoney_Bear Forumite
    6.1K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 1 January 2019 at 7:23AM
    I needed to stop donating to the RNLI for the time being/stop volunteering for them if I were doing that until all this is over.

When do you think 'this' will be over?
    Keeping it AF
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User]
    0 posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Good luck with whatever you decide to do by way of prepping for Brexit or any other reason I have decided to do my own 'thing' and not listen to or read posts from people who are rude and unpleasant. I know there are real people reading who are trying their best to keep the wolf from the door and making provision as they see fit to weather whatever happens at the end of March and find some posters words, attitude and downright aggressiveness sickening so I leave you with a little regret and wish you all luck for your individual futures
  • marybmaryb Forumite
    4.3K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    kah22 wrote: »
    I live in Northern Ireland and I’ve only ever held an Irish passport

Today I was reading the latest figures of those applying for an Irish passport who are living in Great Britain or Northern Ireland. 98,544 were from Great Britain an increase of 22 percent on last year and 84,855 were from Northern Ireland . An increase of 2 percent

One must wonder how many of those voted Brexit but now want to hedge their bets!

Kevin
    Or could just be making sure they get the passport they are entitled to in case the rules change.
    It doesn't matter if you are a glass half full or half empty sort of person. Keep it topped up! Cheers!
  • silvasavasilvasava Forumite
    4.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well said JoJo!
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
  • GoldiegirlGoldiegirl Forumite
    8.8K posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Rampant Recycler Hung up my suit!
    ✭✭✭✭
    No - in a word..........

Whether we voted for or against - it made sense for us personally to prepare. It is going to be Brexit - despite those who don't want it to be and are still arguing against democracy.

Hopefully, our government has also made preparations.

So....

In a democracy, we are allowed to speak up against things we don't agree with. Bearing in mind that every prediction and forecast regarding Brexit is negative, you must have some understanding as to why people feel Brexit will be one of the worst mistakes in our history, and refuse to keep quiet about it?
    Early retired - 18th December 2014
    If your dreams don't scare you, they're not big enough