Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    edited 6 October 2011 at 5:23PM
    Options
    :hello:

Thanks for the update. :D

Fantastic to hear back from you. And that things have made a BIG difference.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    It's almost the anniversary of 4 years post bankruptcy! Monday will be a happy day for me. Every year is a year closer to the file being wiped and that's only 24 months away.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE my new job. I started mid-October and it's fantastic. I work with a great team of people in a gorgeous building. I'm maintaining my weight. I have no credit cards or loans as I am still not allowed them but I don't NEED them. I wake up in the morning happy to be alive that I've left a terrible job and I am debt free

And as for the man side................I have an admirer at work apparently :)

My life has changed so much in the past 4 years and I am truly happy at the moment.

I might even get myself a man, finally!!!

I'm so looking forward to Christmas. Nights out partying, presents, eating and drinking lots and spending time with my family.

I hope everyone's really well. I'll be back on Monday. Have an awesome weekend everyone

Love and Hugs Lou x x x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• loopy_lou1
    Options
    5 YEARS!!!!!!
    :beer:

Hi everyone

Hope you're all well. It's been a year since my last post and what a year

I spent 12 months in the BEST job ever with amazing people and made some fantastic new friends

I've got another new job which is ANOTHER contract until March - it's so hard to find permanent work these days

I'm lucky to have a job so I am grateful

I'm still single. I am STILL battling the bulge but I've been debt free for 60 months and :T:T

And next year it'll be wiped from my record

I just wanted to give those scared people a glimmer of hope that there is life after bankruptcy - I'm a poster girl for it

MERRY CHRISTMAS and HAPPY 12-12-12 everyone

Lots of Love L x x x

BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fermi
    Options
    Thanks for the update. Really does help to see how people are getting on and how things have changed for them. :beer:
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

• sort_me_own_yard_out
    Options
    I have just sat in my lunch hour and read your thread from start to end, felt a bit like reading Bridgets jones' diary!!

We are a similar age but other than that we are rather differant I went for city living to rural living, single mum of two
    and live around 150 miles from my family.Although I relate to a lot of the emotions you wrote about at the start of your journey.

I am hoping to have the funds in place by Christmas with the help of the British Legion. I have fought with my debt for several years and although it will still be lurking on my credit file i want to be discharged before I hit 40 in Jan 2014!!

I had to laugh whjen you said you are such a drama queen and friends call you an intelligent bimbo as I too seem to dramatise triva and the one drama I am having in my life along side money is hitting 40!I want my 40's to be differant to my 30's and this is the first step.

Thank you for such an insight and personal account into your journey. i am sure your frank and open "blog" has helped a lot more people than you would imagine or have posted.

I wish you all the best and hope that life treats you well

Dxx
    BSC no.370 AD March 14
    :xmastree:SPC no. 196 target £350 for Christmas '14:xmastree:
  • Keeping_Positive
    Keeping_Positive Posts: 4,750 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    A brilliant thread that has helped me a lot. Thanks and cant wait ti the six year post x
    :j
    May 2013 new beginnings:j
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    6 Years!!!

Well, here is that 6 year post!!!!

I remember that day so well even now
    Having to lie to my new job, terrified, feeling sick, nervous, numb

I've now left that job - I was there for 3 and a half years and I hated it!
    I then got an amazing job and spent a year loving going to work every day and made some lifelong friends
    I've had two more jobs since then
    I'm now an Administrator for a successful growing company and although yes once again I am temping it looks like this one is for the long haul

Back to that day - every year since I went bankrupt I have taken off the 12/12 because every year was a step closer to freedom and a chapter closed and a VERY HARD lesson learnt

I haven't had a days debt since I left that courtroom
    And I NEVER will again

There IS life after bankruptcy - I've said this before
    There IS light at the end of the tunnel
    I'm a poster child for this being the ONLY option for some people had it being the best one

I don't condone running up debts - sometimes it's stupidity and unfortunately sometimes necessary - the rule is if you can't afford it do without - harsh but reality

But today I'm so happy that the 6 is here

I just want to rebuild my credit, really start living and it's a big year for me next year

LIFE BEGINS AT 40 - SO LET'S GO

Merry Christmas Everyone and here is to a brilliant 2014

Please believe me when I say don't be scared - this can be sorted and life does get better

Lots of love

Lou xxx
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fermi
    Options
    Thank you so much for the update Lou. :beer:

It's great to see the 6 years finally go. I had mine a while back.

All the best. :)

• IF
    IF Posts: 34,349 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm so pleased Lou and here's to a fab 2014 for you too :beer:

Best wishes
    IF

grads-1.gif
    "If wishes were horses, then beggars would ride"
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    And here she is back with her annual post!!:beer:

Hi everyone

Oh boy am I suffering - I'm getting over a horrible virus but I'm determined to go to our Christmas party later! :D

What a year?! I turned 40 - woohhooo and...........I lost 3 and a half stone! I started exercising and healthy eating and I finally lost weight.

The job I mentioned in my last post was recently made permanent and I'm in a good place.

I won't bore you with the whys and whos and whats I just wanted to pop by to say hello - I've never forgotten the help I got here and I'd like others to read my blog and realise that there is life after the big BR

I'm just waiting for my nails to dry - I've tried on my new dress which is red and sparkly and a lot smaller than last years ;)

Have an amazing Christmas and New Years everybody :kisses:

Never give up hope and you can get help

Lots and lots of love as always

Lou xxx
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income