Loopy's Bankruptcy Journey

Options

Comments

• fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    It may be a tight year but at least there is no debt at the end of it. Not many people can say that.

:j :j

• loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    Options
    Hello strangers

I just wanted to pop in and say "hi"
    Well, it's been nearly 18 months since I declared bankruptcy and it was the best option for me. I no longer worry about money and manage on my earnings very comfortably.
    I still struggle with my weight and I'm STILL in the same job but at least I have a job in this day and age.

All guilt is gone - time is a great healer. I am not the person I was 2 years ago so I hope people read this thread and get a "glimmer of hope" from it.

Not a lot to tell really. Got a wake-up call when I was refused a "SAVINGS ACCOUNT" by the Co-op but apparently that's common. I felt very upset at the time because I wasn't borrowing money I was saving!!! I am going to go elsewhere to set one up because you're not credit checked in all circumstances.

Apart from that - looking forward to my 35th birthday and a week off work and summer. Hope everyone's ok and to anyone worrying sick about "debt crisis" you're in the right place - this was my safe haven and full of friends and it WILL be ok.

Love L x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• Dodger61
    Dodger61 Posts: 384 Forumite
    Options
    hi loopy lou,
    I remember your first postings, and your diary, complusive reading for anyone considering BR. It rather inspired me at the time to go and do sometime about my situation. So you see you did help someone. Nice to hear from you.
    Dodger
  • So_Sad_Angel
    So_Sad_Angel Posts: 7,363 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Lou,

Great to hear that your life is moving on.....Happy Birthday for whenever & don`t worry about the savings account....its the Co-ops loss !!

Take care of you,

Angiexx
  • philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Great to hear life is treating you well loopy....wouldnt worry too much about the savings acc there are plenty that will take your money! as SSA said its the co-ops loss!!

take care of yourself & enjoy your birthday

Phil
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    Happy New Year everyone!!
    Hope you had all had a lovely festive season. I did - Christmas was quiet and New Year's Eve I got in a 5.30am yesterday morning ;)
    x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    loopy_lou1 wrote: »
    Happy New Year everyone!!
    Hope you had all had a lovely festive season. I did - Christmas was quiet and New Year's Eve I got in a 5.30am yesterday morning ;)
    x

Nice to hear from you LL. :)

I hope things are still going well. Sounds like it. ;)
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    Options
    Happy New Year to you too Loopy_Lou, you've certainly come a long way since your first post! Well done and congratulations. Funny how when you're in that situation you feel there is no way out but it makes you realise the important things in life and that time is an excellent healer!

:j :j

• philnicandamy
    philnicandamy Posts: 15,685 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hiya LL glad life's sounding good for you & great to see you back!!

have a happy healthy 2010!
    We all die. The goal isn't to live forever, the goal is to create something that will
  • loopy_lou1
    loopy_lou1 Posts: 196 Forumite
    edited 15 October 2011 at 12:09AM
    Options
    just a little update

HELLLOOOO!!!

I haven't been on here for like 20 months! SO SORRY! Not a lot changed to be honest but I have a couple of little things to tell you all.

1. I've lost a lot of weight - about 2 stone in all and I have about 20lbs left but I feel a lot better

2. I've got a new job

3. I've been debt free for 4 YEARS! Well, almost 4 years now

Anyone coming back to read my thread will know I've been on quite a journey. Still waiting for my prince charming - you've got to kiss a few frogs first though eh? ;)
    I am still so grateful to MSE for everything. I've never forgotten all the wonderful advice and support I received here and I could not have even got to court that day without so many wonderful people here

REALLY looking forward to the next couple of months - I'm going to a gig in November that I've waited months for and then CHRISTMAS and hopefully I'll be at goal weight by then

Hope everyone's doing really well........there is a rainbow after the rain to all of you who are worried sick. I'm living proof of that

LOADS OF LOVE

Lou x x x x x x x x x x x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business