Loopy's Bankruptcy Journey

Options

Comments

• fermi
    fermi Posts: 40,546 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Intrepid Forum Explorer
    Options
    Exactly. :)

I hope you don't mind, but I've bumped your thread 'elsewhere' as well.

Helps people to know that you can get through these things.
    Free/impartial debt advice: National Debtline | StepChange Debt Charity | Find your local CAB

IVA & fee charging DMP companies: Profits from misery, motivated ONLY by greed
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    I know you have and I have replied and if I can help anyone at all this year won't be in vain because the state of me in October 2007 is someone I wouldn't recognise now!
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007
    :j:jDischarged 12.12.2008:j:j

• lookingforhelp_2
    Options
    Hi Loopy,
    Congratulations!
    You were brill when i needed help/advice.
    Hope you have a great weekend and a brill Xmas.
    Love Sarah
    BSC NUMBER 116 :rolleyes:
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Loopy_lou :D

What a lovely chrimbo present to yourself ! :beer:
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
  • rossbev78
    Options
    Hello,
    Please can anyone help with some advice,
    i lost my job 3 months ago i have used all my savings to pay the morgage hoping to get another job i have a few loans for £17000 and £5000 plus credit cards, i see no route out but bankruptcy.
    I have a morgage with no insurance please can anyone tell me IF i file for bankruptcy will i lose my house there is no equity
    please can anyone help from a desperate man
    Cheers
  • Waspeze
    Waspeze Posts: 2,479 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    HI Ross..

This would probably get more response if you started your own thread (click on the new thread button, top left) .. but to start with you'll need to contact one of the debt charities (CCCS, National Debtline or your local CAB) there's links at the top to see what they say as one of the questions when you apply for bankruptcy is have you taken professional advice.
    These three places are free and not at all judgmental!

Edit:
    Here's the contact details from Dalips sig ;)
    Free impartial debt advice available from: National Debtline - Tel: 0808 808 4000 | The Consumer Credit Counselling Service (CCCS) - Tel: 0800 138 1111 | Find your local Citizens Advice Bureau
    :hello:
    Save a little money each month and at the end of the year you’ll be surprised at how little you have.
    An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind
  • fiveyearplan
    fiveyearplan Posts: 10,143 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congratulations Lou - you lasted the whole year!!!! Well done! I've been thinking about you all week.

:j :j

• loopy_lou1
    Options
    Awww thank you everyone. I had a GREAT time last night. I am suffering a bit today. I was woken up by two lovely ladies this morning - 3 & 1! Running around like maniacs - my friend's little girls. Gorgeous! I sang on the karaoke and danced like a nutter - so fun!!

It's over. Thank God - and fyp thank you - how nice of you to think of me x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

• Richard_S
    Richard_S Posts: 4,432 Forumite
    Options
    Hi loopy_lou,

Congratulations on reaching the magical 12 months and all the very best for the future.:beer: :beer:

There is something quite unique about being discharged that somehow seems to draw a thick black line under the events of the past.

Best regards

Rich
  • loopy_lou1
    Options
    How funny to have almost got through Christmas and New Year without an overdraft! Weird! Hope everyone had a good one. Mine was a bit boring. I said last year I wanted a man and a family soon. When's it my turn I am 35 in June! I am off out tonight, though. I'm back at work - it's not too bad the calls have been tolerable. It's my brother's birthday and we're going for a meal with all his friends. His present from me - I'm paying for his meal?! Nice to be able to and not have to worry about paying it back.
    Merry Christmas everyone - all the best for 2009 - it's going to be one HELL OF A YEAR! x
    BSC No 60
    Wednesday 12.12.2007

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family