IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

June 2018 - start of the new PPC and DVLA fightback (GDPR related)

Options

Comments

• nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeed, I would flat out refuse their request. It is not reasonable and does NOT provide any hint as to the RK is or was.

Thats the V5, and unless they can prove otherwise, they have no cause to call you a liar.

Theyre just depserately trying NOT to have their lies exposed further, and dont want to deal with the flood of SARs once people realise what complete crooks they are

Sooner Capita folds and takes PE with them the better.
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    It took them 3 weeks to come back to me asking for more identity information - I'm going to hold them to the 30-day response deadline so they best get a wiggle on....
  • Raxiel
    Raxiel Posts: 1,401 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Seems like a fishing exercise worthy of a complaint to the ICO in its own right.

What gives PE to right to ask to see your insurance document, at all?

What gives PE the right to see the name (private data) of named drivers?

How bl00dy dare they? It is crystal clear this is data they will then use for another purpose, to use against a keeper in court by saying, ''look he voluntarily gave us his insurance policy and he is the only driver...''

IMHO, parking firms need their food chain ending, and shoving in jail with the lowlifes of Society.

Of course, all you need to do is append the list of named drivers with "Any person who holds an insurance policy that provides them with third party cover when driving a car that does not belong to them with the owners permission" and their little ruse is dead in the water.

As long as any-car cover exists, they'll get no traction with the list of named drivers.
    3.6 kW PV in the Midlands - 9x Sharp 400W black panels - 6x facing SE and 3x facing SW, Solaredge Optimisers and Inverter. 400W Derril Water (one day). Octopus Flux
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,711 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Trouble is, too many people will voluntarily hand over a policy showing they are the only driver.

This is clearly a tactic to put us off and make it too much trouble.

Well it won't work. Another PPC fighter has said this, which is the way to go:
    I would go straight to raising a complaint to their data protection officer for asking for unrelated data, and then to the ICO.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Computersaysno
    Computersaysno Posts: 1,222 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    DOC or DOV kills it. [Driving Other Cars/Vehicles]
  • BTailor
    BTailor Posts: 45 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Euro Parking Services email address: dpo@europarkingservices.com

Their response after 28 days.. (I was getting so excited that they'd miss the deadline):

"Thank you for getting in contact with us. In order to process your request please fill in the relevant details on the Subject Access Request(SAR) Form.

This helps us figure out a number of things as following:
    1) Identity Check- To ensure the information id given to the right person
    2) To identify what information you are looking for

SUBJECT ACCESS REQUEST FORM
    We aim to reply to your request for information as soon as we can and no later than 28 days from your enquiry.
    We believe it is most efficient for us to provide you with as much information as you are entitled to.
    You are under no obligation to fill this form out, but it would be useful for us to receive it so that we can more accurately establish your request.
    We will then provide you with information any processing of your personal data that is being carried out, the retention periods which apply to your personal data, and any rights to rectification, erasure, or restriction of processing that may exist.
    The information you supply in this form will only be used for the purposes of identifying the personal data you are requesting and responding to your request.
    SECTION 1: Details of the person requesting information
    Full name:
    Address:
    Contact telephone number:
    Email address:
    SECTION 2: Are you the data subject?
    I am the data subject. I enclose proof of my identity;
    YES/NO (Go to section 3)
    I am acting on behalf of the Data Subject. I enclose:
    The Data Subject!!!8217;s written authority;
    Their proof of ID and my proof of ID.
    YES/NO (Go to section 4)
    SECTION 3: Please send us a copy (not the original) of the following two items:
    Proof of Identity Passport, photo driving licence, national identity card, birth certificate
    Proof of Address Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement (no more than 3 months old); current driving licence; current TV licence; local authority tax bill, HMRC tax document (no more than 1 year old).
    SECTION 4: Please send us a copy (not the original) of the following two items:
    Letter of Authority, dated and signed by the Data Subject
    Proof of Identity Passport, photo driving licence, national identity card, birth certificate of the Data Subject
    Proof of Address Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement (no more than 3 months old); current driving licence; current TV licence; local authority tax bill, HMRC tax document (no more than 1 year old) of the Data Subject
    Proof of Identity Passport, photo driving licence, national identity card, birth certificate of the Third Party acting on behalf of the Data Subject
    Proof of Address Utility bill, bank statement, credit card statement (no more than 3 months old); current driving licence; current TV licence; local authority tax bill, HMRC tax document (no more than 1 year old) of the Third Party acting on behalf of the Data Subject
    SECTION 4: What information are you seeking?
    Please describe the information you are seeking:
    SECTION 5: Information about the collection and processing of data If you want information about any of the following:
    Why we are processing your personal data
    YES/NO
    To whom your personal data is disclosed
    YES/NO
    The source of your personal data
    YES/NO
    SECTION 7: Declaration Please note that any attempt to mislead may result in prosecution
    I confirm that I have read and understood the terms of this subject access form and certify that the information given in this application to EURO PARKING SERVICES Ltd is true. I understand that it is necessary for EURO PARKING SERVICES Ltd to confirm my / the data subjects identity and it may be necessary to obtain more detailed information in order to locate the correct personal data.
    Signed
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    Options
    BTailor wrote: »
    "Thank you for getting in contact with us. In order to process your request please fill in the relevant details on the Subject Access Request(SAR) Form.
    I hope you're going to send that "form" to the ICO and ask for their comments.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    BTailor

I wonder what idiot at Euro parking dreamed that load
    of rubbish up.

Whilst they are entitled to obtain your name and address
    from the DVLA, THEY ARE NOT entitled to any further
    information.

As they say ... "You are under no obligation to fill this form out, but it would be useful for us to receive it so that we can more accurately establish your request."

Certainly the ICO needs to be informed about this as
    such private information could end up on a scammers
    list anywhere in the world

COMPLETE IDIOTS
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    Options
    beamerguy wrote: »
    BTailor

Certainly the ICO needs to be informed about this as
    such private information could end up on a scammers
    list anywhere in the world

COMPLETE IDIOTS
    This is how identity theft starts: Birth certificate, passport, credit card statement, HMRC tax documents.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 27 June 2018 at 4:10PM
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    This is how identity theft starts: Birth certificate, passport, credit card statement, HMRC tax documents.

Yes ...... and as this firm operates within the great parking scam,
    there can be NO TRUST given to them
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family