IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

June 2018 - start of the new PPC and DVLA fightback (GDPR related)

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,729 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Bump to read this week! Thanks abedegno.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I suspect the DVLA are relying on this clause:
    When the decision is authorised by law.
    The decision has to be authorised by law, but this doesn’t mean that there has to be a law which explicitly states that solely automated decision-making is authorised for a particular purpose. The Data Protection Act 2018 (DPA 2018) refers only to a decision which is ‘required or authorised by law’ (Chapter 2, Part 2, Section 14 (3)(b)).

If you have a statutory or common law power to do something, and automated decision-making/profiling is the most appropriate way to achieve your purpose, then you may be able to justify this type of processing as authorised by law and rely on Article 22(2)(b). However you must be able to show that it’s reasonable to do so in all the circumstances.
  • allcomplainsgohere
    Options
    abedegno wrote: »
    Their response suggests they do not appear to have read and understand your request properly.

We are not asking for a restriction of processing under article 18 of GDPR, but are instead exercising the data subjects rights for data under article 22, where entirely automated processing include a manual step.

I would suggest a response to them on those lines, and also raise a complaint with ICO for clarification.

Sure I will give it a go
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The WHICH MAGAZINE take on this .....

Can I stop a company making automated decisions about me?

https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/advice/can-i-stop-a-company-making-automated-decisions-about-me
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Got a response to my SAR from ParkingEye:
    Good Afternoon,

Thank you for your email. We note that you have made a request for the following data:
    Any and all information and correspondence we hold pertaining to your name and/or email address; and
    Any and all ANPR data or similar information we hold relating to the vehicles with registration number XXXX XXX.

In order for us to release data, we must be able to satisfy ourselves that such data is personal data pertaining to you. You can complete the identification verification process by providing us with a copy of a signed form of identification, along with a copy of any recent documentation (last 3 months) that confirms your address (if not provided for within the signed ID).

We note that you have provided the V5c form for the vehicle but that the scan provided does not evidence the date that the vehicle was registered in your name. We would be grateful if you could provide the appropriate page of the V5c form to confirm the same and if you could confirm the period of time that you are primarily concerned with. We would also require copy insurance documentation to cover the dates for which data is sought. This will need to confirm your continued status as the registered keeper of each vehicle for that period of time and identify whether either vehicle is linked to any other named drivers and if other named drivers are identified, written confirmation from those individuals to confirm that they are content to allow data to be released to you.

In relation to your other queries as outlined in your request, our Privacy Policy which can be found at https://www.parkingeye.co.uk/privacy-policy will provide you with the information requested. If you still have questions unanswered please get in touch and we would be happy to advise.

ParkingEye have ensured that relevant signage throughout all sites meet data protection guidelines with sufficient information as to how data will be used, data subject rights and also where to find further information online.

On receipt of the above, we will review your request. If we require further information in relation to your request, we will respond and let you know.

If you have any questions about the above, please let us know by return to this email address.

Not sure why they want my insurance details.
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    You can complete the identification verification process by providing us with a copy of a signed form of identification,

Surely a driving licence covers the lot.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,219 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Section 5 of a V5 will show the date the RK acquired the vehicle.
  • pysspd
    pysspd Posts: 28 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone clarify who is the 'data subject' - the keeper, the driver or the owner? All three could be associated with a particular registration mark and all three could be different people or they could be the same person. The reason I ask is that I have have submitted a SAR to a parking company who refuse to provide personal data they hold to me - the owner, but will at a push give it to the registered keeper. I have complained to the ICO and I am waiting for them to get back to me. Meantime, I would be interested on views on here.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    pysspd wrote: »
    Can anyone clarify who is the 'data subject' - the keeper, the driver or the owner? All three could be associated with a particular registration mark and all three could be different people or they could be the same person. The reason I ask is that I have have submitted a SAR to a parking company who refuse to provide personal data they hold to me - the owner, but will at a push give it to the registered keeper. I have complained to the ICO and I am waiting for them to get back to me. Meantime, I would be interested on views on here.

Who is the parking company ???

You have answered yourself, the Vehicle Reg info is the only access
    they have which is the registered keeper.

It's not a case of "at a push" for them ..... they must reply
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,894 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 18 June 2018 at 6:32PM
    Options
    abedegno wrote: »
    Not sure why they want my insurance details.

They are asking for insurance details that demonstrate that you were not only the RK at the date of Issue of the V5c, but continued to be the RK throughout the period that you are requesting data for. Looks like that might almost be reasonable.

I cannot understand their interest in 'named drivers' though.
    Just because there are named drivers on any insurance policy does not mean that the registration number of the RK's vehicle becomes personal date of those named drivers. That is ridiculous.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure