IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.
🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

June 2018 - start of the new PPC and DVLA fightback (GDPR related)

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,600 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Do we know how many tickets ParkingEye are producing a day, it seems they are really putting each NTK through a substantial checking process with human intervention, especially given the number of errors?
    2016 - 1.452 million tickets
    2017 - 1.788 million tickets
    2018 - 0.732 million tickets (to date - do your own extrapolation).

Well over 4,000 tickets every single day of the year. Some human intervention investment from them there then!

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/ParkingEye.html
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Regarding that "substantial checking process", does that include those supposed numerous checks on ANPR data that results in so many "double dipping" cases?
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 133,245 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Do we know how many tickets ParkingEye are producing a day, it seems they are really putting each NTK through a substantial checking process with human intervention, especially given the number of errors?
    Why not reply and tell them based on the numbers of PCNs they churn out you want to know how many humans are involved in checking every single one to see that it is appropriate to issue a PCN, before it is issued, and how this is documented.

And how do they explain the high number of ANPR failure double visit cases? Are such PCNs considered collateral damage and tough on the victims who can't prove they returned, when the fault lies squarely with the system (as exposed in a BPA article, and admitted on Watchdog).

Tell them you will be escalating a complaint to the ICO so if they will not tell you how many people actually check each and every PCN before it is issued, and prove that this is true and how those checks are documents (and explain the double-visit huge flaw with the systems), they will have to prove it to the ICO.

Ask what checks are done to exclude Motability vehicles from overstay PCNs or what 'reasonable adjustments' of time periods are added to prevent PCNs being issued to such vehicles which as they know, are only allowed to be used by and for disabled people.

I'd like to ask them what other checks are done to protect disabled people with Blue Badges from getting 'overstay' PCNs because you believe there are none carried out whatsoever, and very few sites have any mention of 'extending time' on signs. Ask how they justify processing data when statutory protection means to charge for using a disabled bay, and taking more time to do daily activities like shopping, is illegal discrimination.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Tell them you will be escalating a complaint to the ICO so if they will not tell you how many people actually check each and every PCN before it is issued, and prove that this is true and how those checks are documents (and explain the double-visit huge flaw with the systems), they will have to prove it to the ICO.

From the Gender Pay Gap Report:
    https://www.capita.com/media/3082/gender-pay-gap-report.pdf
    They have 345 employees.

Assuming a substantive check is 5 minutes per NTK, that's over 300 person(being gender neutral here) hours a day. They would need to have 40 staff (on an 8 hour day) dedicated to checking NTKs.
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    Good work.

Put that to them and suggest they are being economical with the truth about the existence of human manual checks, especially given the prevalence of double dip scam PCNs.

On a side note, IMHO those 345 employees should be ashamed of what they do.
  • abedegno
    abedegno Posts: 177 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    So ParkingEye have responded to my data erasure request and are going to anonymise the data they currently have on me, but will continue to collect and retain newly collected personal data for 12 months as per their current policy.
    Dear Abedegno,

We write further to your request for erasure received on 24 July 2018.

We can confirm that we have now reviewed your request and that we taken steps to anonymise the data held.

It remains our policy, however, that vehicle data collected and processed in respect of our car park management services may be retained for a period of up to 12 months prior to anonymisation. As outlined within our privacy policy, such data may be provided to the police to assist with the prevention and detection of crime. Please note that any further data collected and processed in respect of your VRM, should you utilise ParkingEye car parks in the future, will be retained in line with this policy.
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,239 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    abedegno wrote: »
    So ParkingEye have responded to my data erasure request and are going to anonymise the data they currently have on me, but will continue to collect and retain newly collected personal data for 12 months as per their current policy.
    Let's hope they change the wording on their signs to inform drivers that their data may be shared with the police at any time over the next 12 months.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,424 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    abedegno, PE stated in one of your posts that they hold the data for the reason it was requested from the DVLA, which is car park mis-management blah blah blah, yet in another quote they say they are keeping it for a twelve month in case the police ask for it.

By their own admission in the former, the latter is not the original reason it was requested, and they should not therefore be hanging on to it.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    As outlined within our privacy policy, such data may be provided to the police to assist with the prevention and detection of crime.[/B

A feeble excuse from PE.

They are only an unregulated parking company
    operating dodgy ANPR and BPA confirmed ANPR
    is not 100% accurate ???

The police would not want to use unreliable information
    especially the double dip scenario.

This is PE thinking they are on a higher level than
    they really are
  • Coupon-mad
    Options
    How is it in any way reasonable to retain all ANPR images for 12 months in case the Police want it? That is ludicrous and excessive, and something to put to the ICO.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport