PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2018 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• smiler34
    smiler34 Posts: 430 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2018 at 12:28PM
    Options
    Hi all can I join please, first time guess £450 for June for a family of 5

Really feel it should be less but I'll keep trying
    Mummy to two beautiful girls and one gorgeous boy.
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
  • taka
    taka Posts: 3,483 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Can I be put down for £150 please! Thanks!!

Good luck everyone! :T
    Mortgage free as of 12/08/20!
    MFiT-5 no 45
    You can't fly with one foot on the ground!
  • RebeccaAnn
    RebeccaAnn Posts: 81 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    W do our shopping weekly so have started the challenge today. Have spent just over £50 but have over a weeks worth of groceries with that. I imagine we will go over massively this month as we will be covering 5 whole weeks.
    SPC #062
    12k in2019 #23 £8167/£16k
    Make £2019 in 2019 #32 £513/£2019
  • allthe7s
    allthe7s Posts: 187 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello :)

My grocery spending is the biggest thing that causes my budget to go wrong!

Therefore I would like to try and come in at £300 for the month, 2 adults 1 teen 1 child. Always want to spend £60 a week but it's always about £90 once I add in top up shops.

Going to sit and write my meal plan for a few weeks and see what I've already got in.
    Preparing to go bankrupt April 2020
  • elsiepac
    elsiepac Posts: 2,561 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I'm in for £160 please, this is lower than usual and I will struggle, but I need to.

So far I've spent just over half of this replenishing dry goods stocks and on my first weeks shop. I've got £22.50 per week left. It's totally do-able but I'll have to get my head round this from scratch because I've had the funds there to blow the budget but this month I definitely don't!

My budget is running from 25 May - 25 June.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Old Style, Crafting and Techie Stuff boards.If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
    GC: May 22 £tbc/£250 Vegan 27-8-13
  • Merlin's_Beard
    Merlin's_Beard Posts: 1,436 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    I'm going for £100 for June (calendar month). And this month there's nothing leftover to roll into so I'd better be good!
    Start mortgage date: August 2022; Start mortgage amount: £240,999; Original mortgage free date: August 2056
    Current mortgage amount: £233.529.75
    Start student loan 2012: £29,750; current student loan: £11.400.50; OP offset fund: £750
  • Mrs_Cheshire
    Mrs_Cheshire Posts: 1,186 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    smiler34 wrote: »
    Hi all can I join please, first time guess £450 for June for a family of 5

Really feel it should be less but I'll keep trying

We're a family of 5 too, and I've managed to get mine down to around £400 but would love it to be lower. My budget includes all food/drink, household toiletries and cleaning. I do try to include any food/drinks out of the house too unless it's a special occasion.
    I'm following sw so eat loads of fresh fruit, veg and salad and I have 1 child still in nappies. I'm going to try doing some more baking in June as I'll have more time and see if that affects the budget as pre bought cakes and cereal bars really do add up.

I have a spreadsheet I pop all my spends onto, although it would be interesting to see how much of the spends is treat foods/drink and how much is healthy. I might separate out the spends this month to see!

Could you put me down for £400 for 1st-30th June.
    Grocery Challenge 2020
    Jan £377.98/£380, Feb £417.83/£370 March /£400
  • MartagonLilies
    Options
    :hello:Hello
    I hope it's OK to join in? I started a thread on the mess my food bills are, and the waste that we throw away.
    Someone sent me over to Love Food Hate Waste thread, and someone from there recommended I come here too:)I
    We're a family of 5, and spend far too much on shopping - more than our rent:eek:
    I have no idea how much to put myself down for, just a lot less than what we do now.
  • Frugalwannabe
    Options
    Can I be added please.

£500

from June 1-30 please. This is for a family of 5, all meals and we also have a minimum of 3 students staying every week. Wish me luck! Really need to get back on top of my grocery spends.
    Grocery challenge June £0/£500
    £1000 by December £0/£1000
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Can you put me down for £150 again this month.

I'm spending a fortune of fresh fruit and veg at the moment. However, my home grown new potatoes, shallots and garlic are starting to crop. I can see peas, beans strawberries, blackcurrants and radishes starting to form so hopefully by the end of June I should be spending less.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure