No money left until next Tuesday

Options
2»

Comments

• Dobbibill
    Dobbibill Posts: 4,135 Ambassador
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    OP - when you do your SOA include things like school trips.
    Plenty of forum users have been in your shoes before and how you deal with it going forward is the important thing.
    Well done on speaking to the school. I hope you DS has a lovely time on the trip.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Credit Cards, Credit File & Ratings and Energy boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

If you can't be the best -
    Just be better than you were yesterday.
  • rockabillygirl
    rockabillygirl Posts: 197 Forumite
    Xmas Saver! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    So glad the school were understanding. Stay in touch on here as there are some lovely people who will offer advice and support x
    It will all be ok in the end - if it's not ok, then it's not the end!
    Saving for Christmas 2019 #27 total £62.00
    Sealed pot challenge 12 #32 total £67.50
    Mortgage paid off.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,318 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    So pleased you have managed to get this sorted out.
    Please consider going to your local foodbank if things are really tough.
    Thats what they are there for :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • AnnieG
    AnnieG Posts: 877 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello... why don't you do an inventory of your fridge/freezer/cupboards and post what you've got? I bet the lovely folk here would be delighted to help you with meal planning and helping you stretch what you've got until pay day?
    We all love a challenge :-)
    Say what you mean.. mean what you say... without being mean.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Can you and / or the kids do some little jobs for neighbours etc, car wash, dog sit, collect shopping etc to start building up a little fund for emergencies.

It's great the school helped out x
  • ValentinoRossi46
    Options
    Hello,

Thank you for all your lovely help and advise, things have improved slightly I am pleased to say, one of the items I listed on a selling site has sold for considerably more money than we expected and the buyer has paid immediately , so that has helped enormously.

The main task for this weekend is to sit down and complete our SOA, I’m sure we are in for a few shocks but by seeing everything in front of us is going to be the best way to see where we can make cut backs.

Onwards and upwards and I just want to thank you all for just being such lovely kind and caring people. I will keep posting x

I have been able to do a shop for basic food, tonight’s dinner will be left over stew from yesterday bulked out with extra veg, and I think we shall sleep a little easier tonight.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,318 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Good news on the sale & hers to a good nights sleep tonight :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Fireflyaway
    Fireflyaway Posts: 2,766 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've been in that situation many times in the past. I realised there are always little bits cropping up so in the budget it's a good idea to have a miscellaneous category. Put in a small sum each month and don't touch it. Then when something happens you are ready!
    I made a few pounds clearing the wardrobe. There was a place that pays for clothes by the kilo. Not huge sums but it was a few pounds for food items.
  • knightstyle
    knightstyle Posts: 6,990 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just want to say well done for sharing, we have been in similar/worse place and it is possible to come out into the sunshine.
    As others have said look at the foodbank, also call into local charities when you need something, Sally Army are great as well. Do not feel ashamed asking for help, many people are happy to lend a hand.
    Plus get books by Jack Monroe from the library for brilliant ideas on cheap meals.
    Good luck for the future.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport