Forum Home» Mortgage-Free Wannabe

The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt - Page 36

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt

edited 3 May 2018 at 8:40PM in Mortgage-Free Wannabe
353 replies 33.4K views
1303132333436»

Replies

• edited 18 April at 10:25AM
    ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 18 April at 10:25AM
    Higher than it was Lou!
    September last year it was £3221 and incurring interest (because I didn't get my finger out)
    One balance transfer including fee of £3942 and 3 flights later its now £4678 of which £1066 is incurring interest.  The good news is that I think I'm going to be IN CREDIT on my bank account by pay day on Tuesday.  I will check but it's likely to be to the tune of £500 so that will go on to the credit card on Tuesday.  I think subsequently I will split overpayment between the mortgage and credit card subsequently at least until the shutdown is over.  
    Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (9/19 )£3221
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    [STRIKE]35%[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]35.4%[/STRIKE] 40.1% off mortgage
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • ButtiButti Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't the world strange.
    Mentally very challenging at the moment, but if you are working very good for money saving.  Pretty much all the venues where I would spend money are closed or operating differently and saving me money as a result. 
    Can't go IN either of my favourite pubs in my local town as both of them are micropubs.  They are delivering and I am spending probably more than I usually do with them, but saving on buses and taxis and coffees.
    My boxing classes have not been running since March so that is £8 a week saved (plus usually a £5 return bus fare), and a class replaced with a free cycle ride costing me nothing other than time and a bit of tyre wear.
    Yoga is online rather than in the village hall, £35 per month rather than £7.50 a class.

Hence, although I am missing company and mentally a bit up and down the money saved is amazing.

Went to a pub last weekend with my mate and sat in an empty beer garden.  It was all laminated sheets and ordering and paying from your table.  Very good and felt very safe.

So the money;
    Credit card   £3210 
      (down from £4383 last month)
    Mortgage  £51,275  (44% paid off)

My aim for the year now is to clear the credit cards by the end of the year, which I may just about do if I am paying off £500 a month.
    I expect to get the mortgage under £50 k by about September.  I will be remortgaging in about a year to do the kitchen so will aim to pay off as much as possible by then and then add on £10k for a kitchen and possibly £5k for a car.  I've pushed the Spanish yoga holiday to September next year and am off to Northumberland and then Whitby on Sunday for a week.  Going to go and look at the sea A LOT.

Try and keep your chin up folks and remember if things are rough and stressy don't look too far ahead.  It always helped me to just look at the day ahead.

Debt LBM (08/09) £11,641. (08/12) £22,734. (9/19 )£3221
    Diary 'Butti's journey : A matter of loaf or death'.
    Diary 2 'The whimsical tale of the Waterbed of Debt'
    [STRIKE]35%[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]35.4%[/STRIKE] 40.1% off mortgage
    'one day I will be rich and famous…for now I'll just have to settle for being poor and incredibly sexy'. Vimrod Member of MIKE'S :cool: MOB
  • beanieloubeanielou Forumite
    73.5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Enjoy your break  :) 
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~**
    **Weight loss 2 stone 2 lbs **
    MFW. 9 months to go. B)
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***