Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Chrystal wrote: »
    Re DS and his xbox - tell him it's either wear earphones or don't use it! :D

A fantastic idea. And as a bit of gamer myself, it's actually much better for this to be the case.

Hope you're feeling better.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning :D
    Still at school, but teaching is done and I'm making the most of not having a form class this year by enjoying the last hour to myself... This will not be the case again for 5 years in theory.
    DS is in trouble again with Xboxing - he was up and on it at 6am today. He does have headphones - trouble is that it's a headset so I hear him talking (shouting) to his friends on it. I've told him now that I take the controllers to bed with me on a night and then he gets them back once I'm actually awake.
    He will be on it late tonight as I'm going out with the rest of my department - dd is babysitting, but I fully intend to celebrate the end of another very hard year. I am going to get drunk but I still intend to be home and in bed by 11. The night out is budgeted for, and I am very much a lightweight these days so it should be fine... I will be double dizzy.
    I had wondered if my infection had been caused by hay fever EE - I've never had hay fever before until this year but it's quite unpleasant. I also had the jaw ache on Tuesday - thankfully it just seemed to last the one day and was better by Wednesday morning but I have felt pretty rough at various times. The one thing I haven't had at any point though is earache or deafness. How bizarre really.
    I am shattered, and dizzy but determined to enjoy tonight and have a whole day of doing nothing other than soothing my hangover and napping tomorrow. We shall see...
  • Chrystal
    Chrystal Posts: 1,853 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Good that you've decided what to do about DS and his Xbox. Kids are, naturally, the centre of their own universe, but they have to learn, as quickly as possible, that house rules have to be obeyed! :D:D

Hope you have a brill time tonight and that the hangover isn't too bad tomorrow: eek: Enjoy X
    I Believe.....
    That it isn't always enough, to be forgiven by others.
    Sometimes, you have to learn to forgive yourself.

Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery
    Today is a gift. That's why it is called the present.

happiness isn't achieved by getting extra things,
    but by getting rid of the things that make you unhappy
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holiday time!
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Happy holidays :)
    I do not miss the joys of my DS & the bleeping xbox :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Hello :coffee::coffee: (double coffee required for this hangover)
    Well I confess to feeling pretty ropey today, but I suppose it was planned but gosh it's tough. I thought I'd been so sensible as well, and I think I was in part. I took £70 out of the bank, and still had over £40 in my purse this morning, plus I had gotten home and into bed before 11pm. I think I only bought 2 drinks all night - however, being a science department we had experimented with soaking jelly sweets in vodka and I think that I had more than my share of those bad boys. :rotfl: And I seem to remember a couple of people buying me drinks as well. It was a nice night out but I am definitely suffering - imagine having a hangover whilst still being a bit drunk. The ear thing is ensuring I still feel dizzy on top of the hangover so it's not the best feeling ever. Thankfully it's the first day of the hols so there's nothing spoiling if I don't do anything much today.
    So far I have managed to wash the dishes, hoover through, change cat litter, make lunches, drop dd at ex's house and also watch Greatest Showman with the kids. So it's been a teeny bit productive, but I am flagging and ready for an afternoon nap. This afternoon, the only thing I have to do is swap kids at ex's house - dd is coming home and ds is going to stay at his tonight. I may also look through my annoying jobs list but it's unlikely that I'll get any of them done if I'm being honest. I'll see if I get a nap and how I feel after it. Other than that today is about staying home, sleeping, box sets and crochet. :D
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well done on making it to the end!!
    The hangover sounds horrible but worth it to let your well deserved hair down. Take it nice and easy today (although you've managed in a morning than I managed all day yesterday!) - it's the first proper day of the summer ( and as if by magic it's cool and cloudy and threatening rain here!).
    Enjoy the next six weeks - all of us teachers totally deserve it! ;)
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning :coffee:
    I'm a bit better this morning, but still have a bit of a fuzzy head - that is due in part to the winding down that comes after a really long and tough summer term. You're right though MT, we definitely deserve our holidays, and I intend to try and make the most of it all. We're away for a few trips as well but I need to make sure I'm resting plenty whilst not becoming too lazy.
    So, hangover gone, ear thing still there and hay fever playing up a bit as well. However, another day without too many plans.
    I was up nice and early this morning - no Xbox shouting at all, because ds stayed at his dad's house last night. It was a bit of a treat, although the new rules about the controller should sort that anyway. I've had a cuppa, and sorted through my budget for the rest of the month. I confess to quite enjoying YNAB so far and I really hope that I can stick with it.
    I don't have masses to do today, but there are some things I cannot ignore.
    I need to do a bit of tidying ready for my cleaning lady tomorrow - I pay her to clean, not tidy so me and the kids can keep on top of that. Thankfully the place isn't looking too bad at the moment. Also have tutoring today, which will get me the cash to pay for the cleaning, so I don't have to worry about that. I need to get the car washed at some point and I'm also going to visit my mam for lunch and a catch up. I think the best plan will be tutoring, petrol and car wash, pick up ds and go to my mams. That will keep me occupied for most of the day. Should be a nsd apart from petrol.
    Right, first thing is first though - I need to get on and take some paracetamol and my hayfever meds. I'm not going to get very far without doing that.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your day.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning all :D :coffee:
    Went to bed at 10pm last night and actually got a pretty decent sleep. Of course I am still dizzy which isn't great but I don't feel as tired as I have done over the past few months.
    A few things to sort out today - sticking with just a small list after yesterday's complete success with a tiny list. I got the car washed, filled up with petrol, earned my money and saw my mam and still had a bit of time for tv and a box set as well. I have added a few things to my 'annoying jobs over summer' list and will maybe try and do one of those every day. We'll see. Today I'm pretty determined that I'm going to get dd's online banking up and running as that's been waiting for a while.
    I also have an appointment this morning at the bank, about my mortgage. I'm really nervous about it, mainly because I don't know what to expect but also because I thought that I was all sorted over the phone so I'm not entirely sure why I'm needed for a face to face. Also worrying in case the bank says no to my having the mortgage on my own - although the reality shouldn't be like that, my previous poor experience with money makes me think that nobody will lend me any money.
    Looking after bestie's ds this week as she's still at work. She seems to think that this is a massive favour, but he is my ds's bestie so it's really no trouble at all. They keep each other entertained all day, which makes my life much easier. Less easy to please at the moment is dd, who is adjusting to single life and doesn't really know what to do with herself.
    Monday is also cleaning day - I need to make sure that we are all out over lunchtime so my lovely lady can do her job... I haven't decided what we're going to do yet but I seriously doubt that I can keep all 3 of them happy.
    Right, need to get on - go through the budget and sort out paperwork to take to my appointment. Wish me luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure