IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Attendance notice

Options

Comments

• System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    My first impressions are that this document is highly misleading and the fees charged are potentially unlawful.

There is more fun to be had if you look at their "warrants" and the documents that UKCPS will/may have signed with CAL to get round the DPA. Those documents are going to be uncomfortable reading for the DVLA, the IPC and UKCPS.

If only UKCPS had come here for advice first.
  • Herbie21
    Herbie21 Posts: 562 Forumite
    Options
    There is more fun to be had if you look at their "warrants" and the documents that UKCPS will/may have signed with CAL to get round the DPA. Those documents are going to be uncomfortable reading for the DVLA, the IPC and UKCPS.

If only UKCPS had come here for advice first.

I have been on the phone most of the morning regarding this matter and we need to take on board that there is UKCPS and this 'Attendance Notice' is in relation to UK-CPS.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    it seems to state uk-cps and a referance number

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05090613

https://beta.companieshouse.gov.uk/company/05090613/officers

I have suspected that deegan , is about to split as he has started 2 new companies , forcourt eye and network eye , the first is a wierd one , he will chase people who drive off without paying for fuel , instead of police action to get moneys back he is sending large invoices for his service and NOT reporting crimes to police

good luck sorting this , it seems to break all rules

with a possible change to law later this year , and new data protection laws coming in , those companies are running riot and making hay whilst they can
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    So who "manages" the car park where this happened and how did uk-cps get the RK details?

I smell a major DPA breach.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 May 2018 at 5:37PM
    Options
    how did uk-cps get the RK details?
    Key question.

Or is this simply a case of a semi-literate/fat-fingered written error? If you notice, the goon has put the reference number as the date, then immediately put in the reference number in it's correct place.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Castle
    Castle Posts: 4,207 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Shouldn't we redact the name?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    edited 3 May 2018 at 5:38PM
    Options
    Castle wrote: »
    Shouldn't we redact the name?

It also appears on the Dropbox cover page before arriving at the letter, so the OP would need to change his DB user name too.

If it's all redacted, I'll re-post.

EDIT TO ADD

Now removed. I'll repost once the redactions are complete.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,159 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 3 May 2018 at 2:54PM
    Options
    It's not the OP's attendance notice; wasn't it posted by the other poster who has one too?

Question is, did both posters have PCNs from UKCPS (IPC firm) with a ref that matches the attendance notice?

UKCPS should live (or hopefully not 'live' for much longer as a firm) to regret this if it is their case and their 'agent'. Wow, just before GDPR as well.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,743 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    It's not the OP's attendance notice; wasn't it posted by the other poster who has one too?

That's right.

Such a shame that Tomtwig has decided not to post his Notice.

Let's hope he is at least reading this thread and can use some of the information to his advantage.
  • maffb7
    maffb7 Posts: 22 Forumite
    Options
    I've deleted it, can you remove my name please . I'll put another on with my name covered
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure