NST May 2018: May the odds be ever in your favour!

Options

Comments

• laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 778 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi you lovely Lot

No excuses for not checking in. I am not sure where this week has gone.

I now have £28 in my budget :rotfl: But we have had a fairly spendy weekend. Yesterday was breakfast at our local bakery. Doesn't look like much but croissants to die for & then a car boot. My one year old has left his shoe at nursery (I hope ) but I did get him a pair from the car boot for £1.50 to put him on. they are actually from next and in lovely condition.

Today we missed swimming due to hubs work but took a drive to Kirkby Lonsdale to meet friends. Dinner was a burger from the van :eek: I'd have prepped a much better picnic if only I'd known we were going there. (Work called hub on our way to swimming) either way - we have had a lovely day.

Ordered a free just cook spice box this afternoon.really chuffed as I thoroughly enjoyed our last free trial. Looking forward to that arriving.

Free baby group tomorrow in the morning then I need to catch up on so many jobs. the lovely weather keeps tempting me out :D

Grateful for - seeing an old friend, getting out & about in the sunshine , hub working so hard on the garden & making plans
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm having a mini celebration that I got a nsd today :dance:
    And in fact I made money by doing my tutoring session. :D
    And I got fed for free as we went to visit my mam :D
    Good day all in all - I just need to get a good night's sleep as this headache is getting to me now...
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 13 May 2018 at 11:42PM
    Options
    Hi all :j

Motivation: what is your personal motivation for joining in with the turtles? My motivation is to cut down on the unnecessary spending and pay for some renovations to this property. In order to do this I think we need to be saving money by doing any jobs we can realistically (!) do ourselves. Not much done in the garden today, but did have a bit of a sort out in the room of doom...who am I kidding...there are rooms of doom....:mad:

Money: know your income and outgoings. All DD bills should have gone out by now and I am going to add up our income, that won't take very long.. so far have done now two grocery shops. Grocery bill so far £57.07. Another shop today from farm shop as friend round for lunch. NSD again today.

Me time: look after yourself. Get enough sleep; eat well; move; do things you enjoy. Good nights sleep, eating not great as ran out of time/inspiration etc so made a meal of burgers, chips & beans for DH, I had eggs beans & sweet potatoes which I made into chips - which a)belonged to DD & b) I cooked in her airfryer....also ate biscuits & chocolate bar, bad eating habits creeping back in...

Move: being active benefits your body and your mind. You know that. Now do it. Not much gardening movement today, slaps wrist.

Activation: what spurs you on to keep on the path? Have not done much decluttering but have identified some items to sell to a fellow collector. Just need to find out how to price, which will be tricky as rare items & not available so need to research somehow. Got reply from friend re collectables; need to send her some photos & she has a source that she can consult. Sadly also told me she is very unwell with heart trouble. Photographed stuff to send to friend & actually sent them to her, so process started although I don't expect to hear for a little while, Also photographed a couple of tops and sold one on FB selling site straight away...will post tomorrow & it will spur me on to do more.

Arm yourself : you have chosen to follow a path that many mock and despise - that of ridding yourself of debt and financial constrictions in order to be free; free to choose what to do with your money and time, not enslaved to repaying or to other people. Glad we are not bothered about 'keeping up with the Joneses' - have done that a long time ago but really do not care any more. It's how some people validate themselves & that's fine, but not for me. We are now free from paid work commitments but spent many years getting there, wish it had been sooner. Desperate need of decluttering & getting rid of old lifestyle. Am going to do this so will post progress on here to keep me accountable. Some progress today as I sorted a few clothes to sell, tip of the iceberg. Did iron items - only 2 though - and sold one already on FB selling site. Will do some more tonight after being on here..

You. Are you happy in yourself? Know what brings you joy, what cheers your heart, what makes you pause and wonder. Don't just stop and smell the coffee in the morning; practise stopping and looking around throughout the day. Appreciate what you have. Be grateful. Gratitudes For DH being willing to take tea out in the garden - even though we didn't do it, a step in the right direction; for visit from DD before late shift; for selling at least one item & identifying more to go; for a sunny day & the flowers in the garden.

NSD now 7/19

Check ins: 13/31

Not done charity donation yet but will arrange asap. Need to do through euro account. Nope. Not done yet but must do - the charity vets bills etc come to 20,000 euro this month & that has cleaned out their account. Can spare a few euro to help. Will do tomorrow.....
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • bizzie
    bizzie Posts: 277 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Update for the weekend - 2 NSDs and very little done other than bare minimum.
    Busy week ahead but have a plan of action (aka a list) mapped out. Hopefully will complete successfully.
    Need to focus on finances, which includes completing "returns" for HMRC / SFE, to get a clearer picture of the year ahead.
    Groceries: Personal Spend: 0 NST NSD Goals for 2024:Self: Health: Wealth :
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Spendy day yesterday as I dropped my phone and smashed the protective cover, however now my phone is older, the covers are only £1.50 :) Yesterday I was grateful for my healthy, my friends, my family, my dogs, my colleagues all pulling together when we received some very sad news, the sun shining and getting my aqua aerobics class and lots of gardening done.
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Yesterday was NSD 6 as planned.
    Only YS bits bought.
    Freezer full of bread, fridge full of green.

Will bake today for lunchboxes and continue my epic battle against the chip of wood.
    will also roast a tray of veg for quick easy suppers and lunches.

The healthy eating thing starts today.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 778 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good morning lovely Turtles,

Spent my morning googling Money saving tips for Disneyland Paris in 3 weeks time. Stocking up on cereal bars etc to take over there with us for breakfast and snacks. Taking our own water bottles. I have a budget but I want it to go on fun stuff not juices for the kids at !!!8364;4 a pop.

Just a catch up day sort of day today. Giving baby group a miss to chill at home. I don't feel guilty- the kids haven't had a day round the house with me for as long as I can remember

Hope you all have a great start to the week :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    foxholes - good luck with the woodchip, that stuff is evil.

Need to pop to Asda this morning for some salad and some brioche but should be a small spend.

Ran yesterday and will cycle this evening I think.

About 10 days ago I decided to go plant based with my diet, I suppose it is vegan but without any processed vegan food. I decided this time of year was the best to do it rather than the middle of winter and I am hoping that when winter rolls around again I will have made all the changes and it will all be second nature. It is a bit spendy on the one hand as I needed to stock up on some things but I am buying way less of others so I think it should balance out.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Hello, mixed weekend. Finances not looking good, spend too much on food and drink. But had a great party for DS (and quite inexpensive). Who'd have thought that a bunch of 7 year olds are so easily entertained and tidy. Only found one wrapper on the floor everything else got put into the various bins in the house.

Spend in various shops and had another bbq. Need to stop feeding the masses, although most of the time the friends bring stuff too.

Definitely need to do my week's project and task list as I didn't get a chance this morning and it's affecting my head.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • LavenderBee
    LavenderBee Posts: 350 Forumite
    Options
    NSD 9/19 for me. Nothing else to report other than how bloomin tired I am now. Wishing away the next 2 weeks of my life until maternity leave starts; to my surprise I am definitely ready for it and when it arrives I shall be very grateful indeed!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure