IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

HX Car Park Management PCN wrong reg typed into machine

Options

Comments

• Half_way
    Half_way Posts: 7,054 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    To find the landowner/management: if its a retial park do a search on google for the retail park, if that gets nowhere add in units for lease for example
    Station Yard Retail park somewheretown+units to let
    From the Plain Language Commission:

"The BPA has surely become one of the most socially dangerous organisations in the UK"
  • Ibcus
    Ibcus Posts: 165 Forumite
    Options
    It's just a small car park on king Street in Wigan, between Brocol House (DWP building) and Revolution bar
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    This one?

King Street Car Park Wigan

Ask Wigan Metropolitan Borough Council who pays the non-domestic rates.
  • Ibcus
    Options
    That's the one, although the signage has changed a little since that google photo was taken in April 2017, they are a pale green colour now. Maybe HX didn't 'enforce' it then.
  • Ibcus
    Options
    Thought I should also mention we checked her V5C and it does indeed say lastname firstname as registered keeper, no idea how she managed that.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Do as told post 34
    It's important.
  • pjr1525_2
    pjr1525_2 Posts: 24 Forumite
    edited 22 April 2018 at 5:50PM
    Options
    Hi, I also received a PCN from HX for only entering a partial vrn even though I paid and provided proof. early days yet so don't know if they are going to follow up.

Go to their main advertising website and read their statement of intent to potential clients whom they wish to sell their services to. Not exact wording but you will see that if you check.
    " we believe in being fair to the land owner and the motorist. We cross reference every potential PCN to check for human error, we do not issue a PCN if a digit or two is entered incorrectly into the pay and display machine".

Take a screen shot of the page as evidence as I have. They mention "a digit or two" but a "human error" is a "human error" and is easily recognised if as they say they are cross referenced, so both you and I should not have been issued with a PCN.
  • pjr1525_2
    Options
    Follow up to my previous post, my PCN was also in King street Wigan this month!
  • pjr1525_2
    Options
    Incidentally, as I walked to the machine to pay, I asked an elderly gentleman who had a local accent who was walking back to his car with a ticket, do you need to enter your licence plate he said yes "the first four numbers" so they must have got him also. Good day at the office for someone
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,747 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Why do people only enter the first 4, I don't understand why everyone does this? Clearly it's a cash cow for the PPC but why not put the VRN in (honest question)?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback