Options

Comments

• NaughtiusMaximus
    NaughtiusMaximus Posts: 2,832 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 14 May 2018 at 3:57PM
    Options
    I have no spam button either.

It must be related to specific user accounts as I access this site on a Windows 7 PC, a Windows 10 PC and an android mobile. The browser doesn't make any difference either, I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE.

tbh I don't think I've ever had a spam button in the year or so I've been a regular poster here.
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Wizard_of_Id Posts: 5,512 Forumite
    Options
    I have no spam button either.

It must be related to specific user accounts as I access this site on a Windows 7 PC, a Windows 10 PC and an android mobile. The browser doesn't make any difference either, I've tried Chrome, Firefox and IE.

tbh I don't think I've ever had a spam button in the year or so I've been a regular poster here.

After a month and still no comment from the Forum team, they definitely don't care about this issue :(

Short of creating a new account to see if it is me, my puter, my connection or what, I have given up on this.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi Wizard of Id

Sorry for the delay replying.

We removed it for some user groups earlier in the year and also removed it from some forum boards.

We promise it's nothing personal :)
    Could you do with a Money Makeover?

Follow MSE on other Social Media:
    MSE Facebook, MSE Twitter, MSE Deals Twitter, Instagram
    Join the MSE Forum
    Get the Free MoneySavingExpert Money Tips E-mail
    Report inappropriate posts: click the report button
    Point out a rate/product change
    Flag a news story: news@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    MSE_Andrea wrote: »
    Hi Wizard of Id

Sorry for the delay replying.

We removed it for some user groups earlier in the year and also removed it from some forum boards.

We promise it's nothing personal :)

Thanks for the answer Andrea, not great news that I am part of a 'group' without knowing what the 'group' has been separated for but at least it is an answer.

I am left wondering if the reason that I can't see some of the pictures and gifs that other members post is somehow connected to this issue.
    I can see the img code if I quote the image but the actual image still doesn't show. If I take the image code (web address) and put it into a separate browser, the image shows no problem.
    It can be a bit frustrating to scroll through the Loldogs thread and see other people raving about a picture someone has posted but I am unable to see it :o
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    We removed it for some user groups earlier in the year
    Sounds somewhat ominous...
  • colinw
    colinw Posts: 59,967 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    They do say if you use it to much it will drop off eventually :eek:
  • Wizard_of_Id
    Options
    colinw wrote: »
    They do say if you use it to much it will drop off eventually :eek:

and if you don't use it enough it will wither and die.
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Thanks for the answer Andrea, not great news that I am part of a 'group' without knowing what the 'group' has been separated for but at least it is an answer.

I am left wondering if the reason that I can't see some of the pictures and gifs that other members post is somehow connected to this issue.
    I can see the img code if I quote the image but the actual image still doesn't show. If I take the image code (web address) and put it into a separate browser, the image shows no problem.
    It can be a bit frustrating to scroll through the Loldogs thread and see other people raving about a picture someone has posted but I am unable to see it :o

The software the Forum currently runs on (Vbulletin) comprises usergroups. Which group you're in depends on several factors including how long you've been a forum member, how many posts you've made etc. We can give access to certain forum tools etc according to usergroup.

I haven't seen any other reports of image errors on the forum. Have you seen anyone else having the same problem?

Join the MSE Forum
  • JimmyTheWig
    JimmyTheWig Posts: 12,199 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    The software the Forum currently runs on (Vbulletin) comprises usergroups. Which group you're in depends on several factors including how long you've been a forum member, how many posts you've made etc. We can give access to certain forum tools etc according to usergroup.
    Are we allowed to know what group we are in?
    Are we allowed to know what tools, etc, are disabled for which groups, and why?
  • Former_MSE_Andrea
    Options
    Hi JimmyTheWig

It's not something we make public for security reasons. There's more info about usergroups on the Vbulletin website.

Join the MSE Forum
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories