Options
12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 5,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    K.S. wrote: »
    I told plusnet i was changing and got a £30 cessation fee which was discounted slightly to £22.07 as it's due to finish cancelling a week before my next bill was due, is this what should happen normally?

Post #45 or #48
  • I_luv_cats
    I_luv_cats Posts: 14,441 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I got the price increase email today, :eek:

At first Plusnet were tightfisted saying I could leave freely. :mad:

Then they had a change of heart.................................................

Taken up their £1 ADSL Broadband per month for 18 months, plus the usual LR 18.99 (free Caller Display like everyone from June) so good.

Least no palava in switching. :p
  • Tillandsia
    Options
    I spoke to PN yesterday and they said as I had paid LR upfront Iwasnt getting any back!!! Its in the t's and C's blh blah
    Cheek! And today I see they have launched a cheaper deal than I am on and MMS:money: is promoting it.

Surely MMS:money: should stop promoting these people as it is just sharp practice to lure you in then put the price up after a cpl of months.

I am losing my trust in MMS :money:with this.
  • Tyler_Durden_UK
    Options
    I'm still undecided what to do I can jump to BT for an equivalent service, if the cashback and payment card get paid will save £1 a month, not sure its worth the risk. Or I go to EE and if the cashback gets paid would save £1 a month.
    This assumes whatever provider I go to doesn't change prices within the 18 month term and I jump ship again.

Doesn't look like anyone contacting PN has really got a decent retentions deal either
  • Mister_G
    Mister_G Posts: 1,927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tillandsia wrote: »
    I spoke to PN yesterday and they said as I had paid LR upfront Iwasnt getting any back!!! Its in the t's and C's blh blah
    Cheek! And today I see they have launched a cheaper deal than I am on and MMS:money: is promoting it.

Surely MMS:money: should stop promoting these people as it is just sharp practice to lure you in then put the price up after a cpl of months.

I am losing my trust in MMS :money:with this.

Ofcom have ruled that PlusNet HAVE to refund any outstanding line rental.
  • oldagetraveller
    oldagetraveller Posts: 3,653 Forumite
    Options
    "I spoke to PN yesterday and they said as I had paid LR upfront Iwasnt getting any back!!!"
    Whoever told you that is wrong. Mister G is correct.
    I have just migrated from PN and there have been no arguments or misleading comments from them regarding my 8 months LRS refund.
    They also sent an e-mail to confirm.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 1,655 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Tillandsia wrote: »

Start with a complaint as Plusnet call centre staff are telling outright lies
    https://www.plus.net/help/legal/complaints-code-of-practice/
    Or use Resolver to start the complaint https://www.resolver.co.uk/complaints/telecoms-complaints
    Don't use phone or chat as you want a written record.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure