Lose 7 lbs
    Get eyebrows done
    Run x3 a week
    Medical appointments
    Register at the dentist
    Cook more rather than eat convenience food
    Get back into the habit of taking vitamins and calcium daily

Leisure
    Investigate TV options for subscriptions - installed Amazon fire stick I forgot I had, it's like a whole new world!
    Use meerkat movies for cheap evenings out
    Look into buying new iPad or tablet
    Read 8 books - read 2 so far
    Go on a few new walks
    Visit parents
    Invite parents to stay - done
    Arrange at least 2 or 3 meet ups with old work colleagues to keep in touch

Finances
    Do July salary budget - done
    Look at credit card swap
    Try to continue using up toiletries, smellies and not buy more unnecessarily
    Investigate swapping mortgage protection insurance

Work
    Look at new chemistry spec
    Write lessons for first month back
    Create new subject review docs for new job
    Process GCSE results in August

Just copying over the summer list so I don't forget to do it.
  • mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Am officially knackered .....
    The long day has caught up with me - maybe a 2 hour time difference does have a small effect too? I've had a bath and a tin of soup for tea - really can't be bothered with food, I'm all fancy fooded out :)
    Going to watch a bit of telly and have an early night to catch up.

Just thinking about what I need to do tomorrow though....
    1. Grocery shopping
    2. Quick Hoover and dust
    3. Put dry washing away
    4. Go for a run
    5. Drop dry cleaning off
    6. Text friends to arrange a meet up
    7. Register with a dentist
    8. Sort through any toiletries that need using up
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Spoke too soon.....
    Just spoke to mum and she was dithering about driving here so I'm driving to Wales to liberate the dog tomorrow instead. Will stay overnight and come back on Friday.
    Not sure what's going on with the family but will find out tomorrow ......

Bed soon. X
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,904 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hope everything’s ok at ‘home’ MT. Safe travels back this way! X
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,670.40
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £7450/£15,000 XMAS: £766.81 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Just back from a run - wasn't going to break any records but I ran all the way and felt quite pleased with myself after the last week's excesses and total lardy laziness. It's a start - my new philosophy is anything is better than nothing in all aspects of life so I'm not going to beat myself up for being slower than the last time, just be pleased that I made the effort and did it.

I've also weighed and it's not great news but not as bad as it could be. Still need to get a grip and lose the holiday flab though ;)

Going to have a shower and pack a bag and set off for Wales - will take my running stuff and hopefully get a chance to run the coastal path tomorrow morning. Fingers crossed the traffic is kind and it doesn't take more than 4 hours.......
  • crazy_cat_lady
    Options
    Morning MT :wave:
    Really pleased that you had a good holiday and have come back feeling relaxed and refreshed.
    Safe journey to Wales - hope all is ok with the family.
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 3 August 2018 at 1:38PM
    Options
    Me and the woofer are back!
    Driven home from Wales this morning as they all seemed to have plans today so I thought I may as well come home - set off about 9am. Dad seems in good form and even went swimming this morning, so must be feeling better. Mum is ok too - not sleeping but that's nothing new.

I woke up at 5.30 and eventually got up when I heard others moving about and drove to the coast (10 mins) and did a 5km run on the coastal path. It was really muggy and quite hard work but I did it. All before 7.30!
    Have stuck to the diet so far too - feel much less bloated already, I think a lot of it must have been water retention from the heat as I haven't stopped weeing since being back, pity that the flab doesn't leave as easily! ;)

Still need to do the grocery shopping - will probably go this afternoon. I've just tidied away all of the dry holiday washing but need to unpack my overnight bag but otherwise the house is fairly respectable, could probably do with a quick dust and Hoover but it's not desperately needed.

I realised last night that it's my colleague's wedding on Sunday evening (a Muslim ceremony and celebration) so texted my three female work friends that are also going and have arranged to pick them all up and drive there (it's not too far away) - I won't be drinking and it seems daft for all of us to try to get there separately and park. I have a suitable long dress (bought for a posh day at the races last year) that I just need to try on to make sure it still fits and paid towards his wedding present whilst still in work so it should be a fairly cheap/free event. Really looking forward to it - never been to a Muslim wedding before and the evening banquet etc sounds fab.

I also texted another friend last night to try to arrange a meet up over the holidays and she's just responded, even though she's abroad on hols, so I'll have something else to look forward to.

Will probably have a quiet couple of days over the weekend - OH is coming over around tea time for the evening but, other than the wedding on Sunday evening, I don't have any big plans. Hopefully, the weather will improve - it's so cloudy it's almost dark here.....
  • joeyjimbles
    joeyjimbles Posts: 2,219 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Muggy up here - it's actually quite warm when you go out but not pleasantly so. And the sky's sort of pale grey interspersed with rain clouds, though only had the occasional actual rain shower.
    The wedding sounds fun, and it's nice to have something to look forward to which you just have to turn up to and it's all arranged around you.
    NF 05.24 £18.00/£00.00 £72.00/£72.00
    LD 11.24 £500.00/£465.00 (93%)    Fn £400                                                     
    Renewal 24 £400.00/£404.00      Renewal 25 £450.00/£085.00 (18%)    
    Avch 08.24 £100.00/£070.00       NPt 12.24 £250.00/£086.00
    FD £3600.00/£1200.00                 X24 £1500.00/£0750.00

• mumblingtaff
    Options
    I know Joey - I'm just an interested bystander at this one! Will report back.....

Had a fairly busy afternoon - did the shopping and spent £75. I knew it was going to be a big one as many of the household things and toiletries had run out. I've also gone a bit berserk on fresh fruit and veg - all with the diet in mind ;)
    I bought a 2litre clip seal jug (reduced to £3) to keep squash in the fridge - I'm trying to drink at least 2 litres of water a day and thought that if I made up the jug in the morning I know exactly how much I have to get through over the day. I drink way too much diet coke and need to cut it down so this is my attempt at doing it. I got a cheapish water container for work too so I can carry it on when I'm back at work.

After the horrible job of unpacking all the shopping, I hoovered and dusted, cleaned the bathrooms, unpacked and tidied things away, gave the kitchen a going over, had a soak in the bath and did a bit of preening (defuzz, deep conditioning of my hair, moisturising etc).
    Just had some tea and am about to dry my hair then take the dog for a walk before OH comes over. A quiet night in planned......
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 4 August 2018 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Just a quick list of things to do tomorrow whilst I'm thinking about it .....

1. Drop dry cleaning off - done
    2. Bath dog
    3. Clean car - done
    4. Run if legs aren't too stiff - done
    5. Put cases back in the attic - done
    6. Try on dress - done
    7. Get cash out - done
    8. Maybe start sorting wardrobe
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories