*Make upto £10 a day April 2018*

Options

Comments

• cufc_mike
    cufc_mike Posts: 587 Forumite
    edited 17 April 2018 at 11:03PM
    Options
    Thinking of using my payments to start putting towards my overpayment of the mortgage pot. Not paying anything off till I have at least £500 as it then brings the monthly payment down. I know this doesnt knock any time off the mortgage but with me soon dropping a day at work, less outgoings are more important to me at the moment.

I am going to put my mortgage total in my signature to keep me motivated.

I have 7 years left but am hoping I can knock this down to 5.

Good luck with this KM! I've been doing this since December 2017. I split my daily earnings 2 ways now (used to be 3), with 50% paying off a mortgage, and 50% going into savings to pay for things like holidays/birthdays/days out etc, general things to better our lifestyle.

We own a flat that my late mother in law owned. She had no mortgage on it, but when she died she left it to my wife and her 2 brothers. They both wanted their share of the property in cash, but there was a private long-term tenant, so we looked upon it as an investment for the future, and ended up taking out a mortgage on it, albeit relatively small. I've knocked 19 months off the length of the mortgage since December. It's such a huge motivation to keep going. I can only pay another £600-£700 off before August; however we're due to re-mortgage at that time anyway.

I've been making daily overpayments because I'm not very disciplined. If I tried to save £500 and then make a one-off payment, I'd probably end up spending it on something else :rotfl:
  • cufc_mike
    cufc_mike Posts: 587 Forumite
    Options
    £52.30 for me today through matched betting. I also forgot about £20 worth of winnings (profit after deducting cost of entry) from our work grand national sweepstake. I pulled out Tiger Roll and Total Recall (1st & 2nd favourite at the time),much to the dismay of the rest of the office. Not that it usually makes a difference with the grand national, as it's very much a lottery. Made a change to win a sweepstake, not something that usually happens to me :)

My total today: £72.30
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Well done on your sweepstake win Mike! :j

Im really really commited to getting the mortgage paid off ASAP as I know it will leave us so much better off for the fun things in life but I have a OH who likes spending money on the fun things now! ;)

It would be better for me to pay off as and when i get the money as OH couldnt get his hands on it but with me wanting to initially reduce outgoings, I am having to be scrooge like and stash it somewhere it doesnt give him ideas about.

We also have a rental property which is a five minute walk from where I work. If my second child ever decides to fly the nest (shes coming up 23) we have considered moving to this property as it has a much better living layout for us (despite being a smaller house) and would be much cheaper to run.

It was bought as an investment for retirement but gives us options for the future.

Had my first payout in paypal from insta. 0.62p :rotfl: but as they say. Every little helps. :D

£7 tips as well.
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 18 April 2018 at 8:32AM
    Options
    cufc_mike wrote: »
    £52.30 for me today through matched betting. I also forgot about £20 worth of winnings (profit after deducting cost of entry) from our work grand national sweepstake. I pulled out Tiger Roll and Total Recall (1st & 2nd favourite at the time),much to the dismay of the rest of the office. Not that it usually makes a difference with the grand national, as it's very much a lottery. Made a change to win a sweepstake, not something that usually happens to me :)

My total today: £72.30

Well done!:beer:

I love a sweepstake but haven't been involved in one since I retired:(. In one of the companies I worked for one of the senior partners ( a really venerable old gentleman looking like a character from Dickens) came into the staff room one day with the page from The Sun newspaper with the chart that was designed to be used for sweepstakes and pinned it on the noticeboard. He barely spoke to the rest of us in normal circumstances (first time I'd ever seen him in the staffroom:eek:) and he left his secretary to take people's money, oversee the drawing of horses and fill in names on the chart. I always wondered afterwards if he was a regular Sun reader or liked a flutter. I saw him in a whole new light after that:rotfl:

That was a good year for me, I drew Red Rum the first year he won:T
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone

I was hot, tired and grumpy when I got in from work today! I!!!8217;m certainly not complaining about the sunshine though but I wasn!!!8217;t prepared for it and cooked in the car on my way home.

Have had a shower to freshen up and I thought it might wake me up a bit too as I have got all out of sync with my sleep pattern and keep dozing off early evening and then waking up at bedtime.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • shariann
    shariann Posts: 1,027 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aesop

I spoke to the guy at work about his noisy neighbour and he said the following.

Environmental health will ask you to talk to them first- i know you have done that.

Keep a diary, usually for two weeks.

Contact your landlord to see if they will help

Apparently once they have been warned if it happens again EH will prosecute without further notice.

Not sure how useful this is but really hope you get it sorted.
    £10 a day April - £4/£300
    2014 £110.92 2015 £3732.30 2016 £1633.66 2017 £2991.70 2018 £3255.40
    Jan £105.50 Feb £80.47March £69.30
  • hummingbird
    hummingbird Posts: 1,522 Forumite
    Options
    So far this month - £32.00 interest and no withdraw bonus and £38.00 winnings - £70 tot.
    £10 a day extra in May '18[B]£35/310[
    Virtual Sealed Pot 2018 £500/£2500 = 20%
    You can find my diary here:http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5189836:beer:
  • MrsCautious
    MrsCautious Posts: 1,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Added another facebook sale at £3 and a £50 Christmas present cheque I only paid in yesterday.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Well done everyone who has made any money:T:beer:. I don't know why but this month seems like hard work, I'm not doing very well at all on the money making front:o

£11.92 from Quidco & TCB is all I've got to add:(

I'm keeping everything crossed for the good weather to carry on over the weekend and that my car boot sale on Sunday brings me in loadsamoney:j. Still unearthing, cleaning and polishing stuff to sell. Will I ever be free of all this junk and live the minimalist life I crave?
  • Kantankrus_Mare
    Options
    Good luck with your car boot at the weekend CBC. :D Weather supposed to still be good so hope you make a killing.

Another insta payout 0.62p and tips from yesterday £4.70.

Was the most boring day ever at work. Not that busy. Think everyone was making the most of nice weather and doing other things. I felt rubbish (womens troubles) and hot. It will pass. :cool:
    Make £10 a Day Feb .....£75.... March... £65......April...£90.....May £20.....June £35.......July £60
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure