I want to believe I can do this!

Options

Comments

• pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I have felt like September is going to be uneventful for my debt reduction but I have just paid £100 off credit card 3 so that brings the debt down to £348. 3 more payments and that debt will be gone.

Slow but hopefully steady progress.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Two of your cards look close to being cleared. How much do you pay off CC1 each month?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    Happy weekend, pidge. Are you up to much? Hope you've got some of this nice weather where you are.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • pidge04
    Options
    ftbwannabe wrote: »
    Happy weekend, pidge. Are you up to much? Hope you've got some of this nice weather where you are.

Thank you. My extremely kind and generous parents treated us to our fares to London and we had a lovely day. Walked for miles. Felt like a real break from thinking about my woes. Popped into Tiger and a bookshop at the end of the day and consumed NOTHING - very proud of myself!

Your weekend sounds so chilled and relaxed!
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • LexieLou
    LexieLou Posts: 714 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello Pidge,

Just checking in to say hi

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • msrlh
    Options
    I just wanted to say that I've found comfort and encouragement in your diary Pidge. I think we are in similar circumstances and I have been feeling hopeless about making it all the way to being debt-free. I may start my own diary, and your posts and other people's tips have inspired me to be more strategic and proactive about my debt. Thank you - you are doing so very well at getting rid of your debt and changing lifelong patterns, with the added bonus of helping other people like me!
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    Yay for a lovely day in London! What a treat. And WOW re getting out of Tiger & a bookshop without spending, quite a feat! Glad you had a break & a bit of fun
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • pidge04
    Options
    msrlh wrote: »
    I just wanted to say that I've found comfort and encouragement in your diary Pidge. I think we are in similar circumstances and I have been feeling hopeless about making it all the way to being debt-free. I may start my own diary, and your posts and other people's tips have inspired me to be more strategic and proactive about my debt. Thank you - you are doing so very well at getting rid of your debt and changing lifelong patterns, with the added bonus of helping other people like me!

Thank you so much for this message. Thank you for being so encouraging. I feel like I moan too much in my diary so this was lovely to read. Do start your diary and I hope you find it really helpful to have one. I am really sorry that you have been feeling hopeless about making it to being debt-free. I did too then I felt more hopeful and now I am feeling less hopeful. There is still part of me saying come on! We can do it! It does feel good when you can be strategic and proactive about it. Wishing you well.
  • pidge04
    Options
    Having a hard time of it this week. Back at work for one day. Off sick the next. £30 in Boots today for various medications. Want to stay in bed all the time. Financial situation is dire. Even been thinking of using a credit card to buy something DD needs for school...something I would NOT have considered at all these last few months. Husband returns at the weekend. He really needs to help me out this month. I anticipate that he is going to arrive home broke himself having given money to his family. The £20 he gave us when he left a month ago just really did not help much at all! Need to get selling again...this is imperative. Hope on the horizon with the promise of a fresh start and re-gaining some control with payday in 20 days time plus the start of my babysitting gig. A positive is … my home is the least cluttered it has ever been. Each room is clean, clear and well-organised and clutter is greatly reduced. This did not seem possible a year ago so that is something to feel good about. Birthday celebrations for DD at the weekend. Managed to get her some little bits and bobs for not much money which I think she will like. Childcare costs are going to hit really hard this Friday. My dear, dear parents bought her new school uniform. She mentioned today that her school shoes, bought last term, feel uncomfortable. Need to put more petrol in my car. Feeling anxious, shaky, not sleeping, grinding teeth. Need to take back control!
  • pidge04
    Options
    This is a bump in my road. I will get back on track. I was doing quite well and I was feeling hopeful.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure