I want to believe I can do this!

Options

Comments

• SavingAFuture
    Options
    You are doing so well. We all have a little wobble sometimes.
    You are trying to re-set your whole relationship with money - I don't think it happens overnight.
    Stay strong,
    SaF x
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    Look after yourself, pidge. Your money situation can wait, it's not going anywhere & you've already improved it a lot. You've also improved other people's money situations by supporting us!
    I'd say, take whatever time you need to cope with your anxiety & recharge, get your sleep back to normal. Even if you need to make a small purchase on your credit card to cope, well if you have to then what if you just accepted that & knew that other months will be different & that doesn't change your long-term determination? You know what you & your dd need, and that's the priority.
    It's not for me, a stranger off the internet, to comment on your OH, but I hope there's a bit of light coming there, it sounds like another thing you're coping with.
    Sending you sweet dreams & deep breaths. Thanks for sharing with us. Remember that other months will be different, & you've already made great progress.
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Again, there is not much else I can add that hadn't already been said. But, I think you are doing amazing too! I hope you feel better soon and you all enjoy DD's birthday celebrations. You seem to have great support from your parents, that's lovely :).
    Hope you feel well soon and get a good sleep.
    SPC 076
  • LexieLou
    Options
    My little Pidge, sending you hugs...I'm feeling a bit down too today...must be the weather.

Parents are amazing aren't they? My car broke last week (like literally parts fell off it) I used money I had planned to put into my EF, at least I had it to use. But my lovely dad gave me £100 towards the cost. So sweet.

You are doing so well, if you have a wee speed ramp get in the way, thats OK.

Lots of Love

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • GlendaSugarbean
    Options
    Pidge, you need to look after yourself too. You have the best idea what is needed - if you need to spend a bit on the CC for necessaries then that needs to be done. Back to school time is expensive and all the little bits do add up.
  • pidge04
    pidge04 Posts: 792 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    18 days until payday and a fresh start. I am going to meet a second family for possible occasional babysitting work so that is good. I have got a couple of hours to myself tomorrow evening so I am going to list some bits on eBay. Thanks for the lovely supportive messages.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    [Parents are amazing aren't they? My car broke last week (like literally parts fell off it) I used money I had planned to put into my EF, at least I had it to use. But my lovely dad gave me £100 towards the cost. So sweet.]

That was very kind of your Dad, Lexie Lou.
    Store card £140 £117 - Store card £150 - Overdraft £200 - PayPal £364 - Loan 1 £5052 - Loan 2 £1733 - Credit card £2890 - Car hire purchase £3200 - Savings £0.
  • pidge04
    Options
    ftbwannabe wrote: »
    It's not for me, a stranger off the internet, to comment on your OH, but I hope there's a bit of light coming there, it sounds like another thing you're coping with.

I have a feeling for the first time really that my marriage could be the next thing on my list which I need to sort out. First it was my job and I am now quite settled at work and will hopefully stay put now. Then I started to address my debt. That clearly needs a lot more work! Through selling off a lot of things and not bringing new stuff in, the clutter at home has been cleared. Think the marriage is next possibly.
  • pidge04
    Options
    You are trying to re-set your whole relationship with money - I don't think it happens overnight.

That is a really good way of looking at the situation. Thank you.
  • ftbwannabe
    Options
    How was your weekend, ms pidge?
    Starting debt (Aug 2018) £17,900
    Debt free September 2021
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts