Aqua latest increase!

Options

Comments

• 2ilent8cho
    Options
    A4445 wrote: »
    I had a letter from Amex today increasing my limit by 5k I nearly fell over. I’ve spent quite a bit recently paid a 4K holiday for cashback. It’s always paid in full tho!

So do you have a limit of around £10,000 on an Aqua card then? I sometimes do like to spread some expensive items over 3/4 months with a credit card (but i use my non sub prime CC for that) but with the interest rates Aqua charge it must be eye watering to do something like that with them.

I have had my Aqua card a year in September so i am expecting a limit increase again from its current £3200 as they have given me one every 3 months so far.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Post says Amex not Aqua
  • 20aday
    20aday Posts: 2,610 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    @A4445-enjoy your 5k increase.
    Can you please ember the !!!! Fix on mac or ios devices.
    I forgot if it was auto type correction or another feature which needs switched off

Settings Keyboard Smart Punctuation

Affects iOS devices but not macOS for some reason!
    It's not your credit score that counts, it's your credit history. Any replies are my own personal opinion and not a representation of my employer.
  • Dandytf
    Dandytf Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    20aday wrote: »
    Settings Keyboard Smart Punctuation

Affects iOS devices but not macOS for some reason!

Thanks since 2nd warranty replacement apple smart keyboard last week.
    Think I need to review my home computing needs during 2019.
    Missed my chance to build i3-maybe 'I'll review next year.
    Going to call Aqua auto line tonight and request increase to be applied.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • redux
    redux Posts: 22,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 17 August 2018 at 8:01PM
    Options
    I think you need to look at why you are so keen to have these limits increasing. It sounds like a risk of things running away, not good with such high interest cards.

I was glad when Aqua increased my limit from £1200 to £2000, as I'd used it abroad for £900 of expenses in a month, but I couldn't see any point when they increased it again.
  • stehouk
    stehouk Posts: 412 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Iv'e just had another increase £3300 now and £10 cashback, i think i will do more spending on aqua now and try and get the £100 next year, i normally spread my spending around 4 cards with no reward on the others, it is also a good card to have for spending abroad, i pay off in full anyway so the rates don't bother me.
  • Dandytf
    Options
    redux wrote: »
    I think you need to look at why you are so keen to have these limits increasing. It sounds like a risk of things running away, not good with such high interest cards.

I was glad when Aqua increased my limit from £1200 to £2000, as I'd used it abroad for £900 of expenses in a month, but I couldn't see any point when they increased it again.

I have accepted this limit increase tonight.
    I'll continue to work towards clearing cc's balances next 2-3 years.
    I've accepted to hopefully increase my available credit for when my cra report is much cleaner towards 2022 or 2023.
    1st card will be cleared very soon which I've mentioned on other threads-c+ 50-60 U.K. pounds to clear -that could be closed once cleared.
    I'm happy that company's such as aqua etc allow some of my limits to be increased as I have used cards more sparingly in past few years only when required for home or car large bills.
    Replenished CRA Reports.2020 Nissan Leaf 128-149 miles top charge. Savings depleted. VM Stream tv M250 Volted to M350 then M500 since returned to 1gb
  • SnowTiger
    SnowTiger Posts: 4,461 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dandytf wrote: »
    1st card will be cleared very soon which I've mentioned on other threads-c+ 50-60 U.K. pounds to clear -that could be closed once cleared.

Depending on your setup...

I'd keep it open, use it for day-to-day spending and pay it off in full every month. Don't spend on the other cards and treat them as loans.

If you're using cards for everyday spending that carrying a balance from month to month you're not getting an interest-free period; you're paying interest on transactions from the day they hit your statement.
  • Dandytf
    edited 18 August 2018 at 11:55AM
    Options
    SnowTiger wrote: »
    Depending on your setup...

I'd keep it open, use it for day-to-day spending and pay it off in full every month. Don't spend on the other cards and treat them as loans.

If you're using cards for everyday spending that carrying a balance from month to month you're not getting an interest-free period; you're paying interest on transactions from the day they hit your statement.

Very sensible;.

C+ card is only 50 pounds to clear as I re checked, think i added the difference with last months payment which is simpler to clear.
    Maybe I'll keep it open, though wish it was nearer 500 limit not the 250 it always has been.
    @high 30's Apr it my most expensive card to date.

Whilst I don't intended to use cards for daily spending, I find I sometimes use a card for+300 bills which are rare though do occur when c+ isn;t an option due to 250 limit.

The +300 bills are more often than not exceeding my budget (I have started savings though not emergency fund as such)
    Latest +300 is on a card-maybe I'll not need to use a card again until 2019 if at all.

I prefer to use contactless debit card for day-day spending.
    I tried the use a credit card idea and it wasn't for me.

All going well once c+ is cleared in 1 or two payments then I can add +25 every month to Tesco card in effect doubling 25 minimum payment -make a start on my 550 balance.

I had recently explained via another thread I'm comfortable clearing 1 card at a time regardless of Apr to get a sense of progress.

Think it's going to be at least mid 2019 before I make a start on the larger balances of Cap 1 Cardsx2 -though I'll then of course be adding +50 onto 1 cap 1 card at a time.

to avoid any confusion as I do have DD's setup -some of which are above minimum whilst others are going to be later to increase payments though maybe I'll manage +5 for cap1 cards for the time being.

Thanks mser's sometimes things do change
  • smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i guess they're increasing a lot of people lately. i got the 1400 to 2800 increase just yesterday
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure